DCP with ECA stack and / or low carb diet

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
So what do people think about staking DCP with an ECA stack? Has anybody tried it? Also would said stack work synergistically with a low carb diet or will it do more harm than good.

I'm currently at around 10% bf and need to get to around 8%.

Thanks,

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what do people think about staking DCP with an ECA stack? Has anybody tried it? Also would said stack work synergistically with a low carb diet or will it do more harm than good.

I'm currently at around 10% bf and need to get to around 8%.

Thanks,
I personally think that would be fine. Although, either change your supplements or nutrition; no need to do BOTH to get results.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I personally think that would be fine. Although, either change your supplements or nutrition; no need to do BOTH to get results.
Thanks Rosie. Been low carbing for around three weeks. Thought it might increase fat loss if I add these supplements.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Rosie. Been low carbing for around three weeks. Thought it might increase fat loss if I add these supplements.
When was your last refeed?

Also consider adding in Glucosamine, for its leptin signaling effects.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Matt alluded to, you shouldn't spend ALL that time with low carbohydrates, but have at least 1-2 days of refeeding per week. You will get better results if you do.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Sorry I should have said. I'm following the scivation CHA diet so have 40 - 60g after my workout and one cheat meal a week.

So am I right in interpreting what you've said as, most value in taking DCP / and ECA is with having moderate carbs. If following a low carb diet then not much value as only a limited amount of carbs in diet.

Thanks,

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. Sorry I should have said. I'm following the scivation CHA diet so have 40 - 60g after my workout and one cheat meal a week.

So am I right in interpreting what you've said as, most value in taking DCP / and ECA is with having moderate carbs. If following a low carb diet then not much value as only a limited amount of carbs in diet.

Thanks,
I would recommend adding something like SlinSane post workout and pre-cheat to get those carb benefits, then drop blood glucose back down to resume fat burning.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thank Matt,

So when would you recommend taking DCP?

Thanks,

Saghir.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank Matt,

So when would you recommend taking DCP?

Thanks,

Saghir.
2 upon waking
2 early afternoon
2 preworkout (assuming evening workout. Adjust according to schedule)
1 right before bed.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Matt alluded to, you shouldn't spend ALL that time with low carbohydrates, but have at least 1-2 days of refeeding per week. You will get better results if you do.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
ive lost 46 pounds in less than 2 years, low carb diet strict year round (30-40 daily max,) no re-feeding.

i did experiment with re-feed once and i gained fat (def not water), and i didnt feel good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive lost 46 pounds in less than 2 years, low carb diet strict year round (30-40 daily max,) no re-feeding.

i did experiment with re-feed once and i gained fat (def not water), and i didnt feel good.
Morbid obses models and effectiveness (when leptin levels are SKYHIGH, but receptors are completely insensitive, not to mention massive insulin resistance) do not translate as you get leaner. Simply, you will have to adjust your strategy or risk standstill, or even reversal, of your fatloss.

It gets MUCH more complicated as you near the norm, and exponentially more complicated as you near sub 14% and under.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Morbid obses models and effectiveness (when leptin levels are SKYHIGH, but receptors are completely insensitive, not to mention massive insulin resistance) do not translate as you get leaner. Simply, you will have to adjust your strategy or risk standstill, or even reversal, of your fatloss.

It gets MUCH more complicated as you near the norm, and exponentially more complicated as you near sub 14% and under.
Matt,

I know you're not a personal trainer or anything of the sort, but you are one of the most knowledgeable guys on here so I'm hoping you can maybe help me out. I've managed to get down to 10% fat a couple of times and then stalled, sometimes losing muscle when trying to get lower. I've then tried to a clean bulk thinking that if I have more muscle I will find it easier to get sub 10%, but this hasn't proven to be true. Still stuch at darn 10ish %. have you any general advice for those at low bf wanting to get even lower?!

Thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt,

I know you're not a personal trainer or anything of the sort, but you are one of the most knowledgeable guys on here so I'm hoping you can maybe help me out. I've managed to get down to 10% fat a couple of times and then stalled, sometimes losing muscle when trying to get lower. I've then tried to a clean bulk thinking that if I have more muscle I will find it easier to get sub 10%, but this hasn't proven to be true. Still stuch at darn 10ish %. have you any general advice for those at low bf wanting to get even lower?!

Thanks
Setpoint theory kicks in here, and is something I definitely support based on observations of myself.

Theory says that, without concerted effort, your body "wants" to hit a certain bodyfat level and STAY THERE. If you overeat slightly you gain fat, and if you try to get under your metabolism fights wickedly, and you lose muscle.

Other than the VERY underrated "leptigen" series from Avant, which I am trying to license currently, you can take the following:

Glucosamine HCl (a product of the Hexosamine pathway of glucose metabolism). Multigram doses of Glucosamine while under setpoint sends a false signal of carb intake (your body "thinks" that because you have the endproduct that you must have eaten the corresponding sugar).

Calcium Lactate,acetate, etc. - Increases leptin secretion, which satiates as well as keeps your metabolism humming.

Histidine (tougher to find, but useful for the above)

Fruit-based and wide-range antoixidants, like NOxidant (working on an article here, so don't want to give too much away)

Leucine - primary protein synthesis triggering amino acid that will help recovery and prevent muscle catabolism.

As well, incorporating periodic refeeds will keep your body's metabolism humming.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matt! I really couldn't gotten this from anyone else!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

i think im under 10% now, went from 211 all the way down to 164.5 pounds in less than 2 years (i just gained a few this past week on my 1st ph halodrol cycle so 168 now). my waist is 30.25" flexed, i was over 37.5" if i remember correctly. i do take supplements to help, alot of them, mix them up and cycle fat lost to muso maybe thats why im so successful with year round strict low carb dieting.

its not an easy task, i cannot eat like a normal human being, but it makes me happy.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Setpoint theory kicks in here, and is something I definitely support based on observations of myself.

Theory says that, without concerted effort, your body "wants" to hit a certain bodyfat level and STAY THERE. If you overeat slightly you gain fat, and if you try to get under your metabolism fights wickedly, and you lose muscle.

Other than the VERY underrated "leptigen" series from Avant, which I am trying to license currently, you can take the following:

Glucosamine HCl (a product of the Hexosamine pathway of glucose metabolism). Multigram doses of Glucosamine while under setpoint sends a false signal of carb intake (your body "thinks" that because you have the endproduct that you must have eaten the corresponding sugar).

Calcium Lactate,acetate, etc. - Increases leptin secretion, which satiates as well as keeps your metabolism humming.

Fruit-based and wide-range antoixidants, like NOxidant (working on an article here, so don't want to give too much away)

Leucine - primary protein synthesis triggering amino acid that will help recovery and prevent muscle catabolism.

As well, incorporating periodic refeeds will keep your body's metabolism humming.

You are a GENIUS!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

can you simply counter your setpoint by adding muscles? does your body just have a bodyfat setpoint, or really a bodyweight setpoint?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are a GENIUS!!
The theory is not mine. And the info here was taken from Par Deus' Leptin series.

As mentioned, I'm trying to license the formulas and revive them in a series of product foir progressive bodytypes and progress levels.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
The theory is not mine. And the info here was taken from Par Deus' Leptin series.

As mentioned, I'm trying to license the formulas and revive them in a series of product foir progressive bodytypes and progress levels.
thanks for that info i might give that avant stuff a go as my body seems to like to hold onto fat, if you can fomulate a product i would be interested in buying it :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for that info i might give that avant stuff a go as my body seems to like to hold onto fat, if you can fomulate a product i would be interested in buying it :)
They were discontinued a while ago, which is why I am looking at bringing them back.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Matt,

I'm just about to bu some alphaburn. Do you know where the gelatin used for the capsules is sourced from, ie cattle, pork or horse?

Thanks,

S.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt,

I'm just about to bu some alphaburn. Do you know where the gelatin used for the capsules is sourced from, ie cattle, pork or horse?

Thanks,

S.
they are bovine-based.

hockeyho

Awards
Hey sorry to take u guys back to dcp but I was wondering if you could recommend a dose for me?! I'm a chick- 5'5" 135 20% lookin to hit <12% for a show in 8 wks. I do fasted cardio in the am and lift in the evening with hockey twice a week; also is there any kind of diet that will compliment the dcp or any sups I should take w it? I'm on a 3 day low/ 1 day higher carb cycle now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey sorry to take u guys back to dcp but I was wondering if you could recommend a dose for me?! I'm a chick- 5'5" 135 20% lookin to hit <12% for a show in 8 wks. I do fasted cardio in the am and lift in the evening with hockey twice a week; also is there any kind of diet that will compliment the dcp or any sups I should take w it? I'm on a 3 day low/ 1 day higher carb cycle now.
Your carb cycling day should work fine with it.

I would take:

2 upon waking
2 at lunch
2 preworkout
1 right before bed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I Love DCP.

That is all.

vudoo

Awards

do you take this with the refeed? daily? only when low carbing?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you take this with the refeed? daily? only when low carbing?
depends on your personal setpoint.

If you are under, then you want to tag this protocol around the 2nd-3rd day of low-carbing.

If over setpoint, just low-carb with plenty of fish oil intake, and tag this protocol every 4th-5th day.

juicedgrapes

Awards
depends on your personal setpoint.

If you are under, then you want to tag this protocol around the 2nd-3rd day of low-carbing.

If over setpoint, just low-carb with plenty of fish oil intake, and tag this protocol every 4th-5th day.
Matt I need some fishoil intake :)

Have you been getting my emails? I know youre busy as hell and im a patient guy. I also don't like bothering people, especially people working hard.

RPN creates the most innovative quality supplements yes? yez :]

JGank

Awards
matt did anything come out of you trying to get the leptigen thing going? I loved leptigen mass.