dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a heads up here...

just got massively screwed yet again on a big project. I think the character of business in this country is repugnant.

there's a huge chance that we will start closing out everything pretty soon.

We're fighting the good fight as long as we can. Good news is that you'll probably see some wicked deals at Nutra. Yay.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
This is sad news Matt. I hope you and Christine are doing alright. This quarter seems to be awful for supplements.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, say it ain't so, Matt? :(

RPN is one of the best in this buisness, and you've produced some amazing formulations, Matt. Don't lose faith yet me friend.

jim623

You have my prayers bro. Good luck.

Didn't RPN make a deal with GNC to carry Java and Flawless?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have my prayers bro. Good luck.

Didn't RPN make a deal with GNC to carry Java and Flawless?
They never placed the PO...not so much as a "no thanks". This was after we spent a couple thousand getting new labels printed.

****s.

Including thernogum?
ThermoGum is NOT RPN! Due to RPN's legal circumstances, the shareholders at thermogum decline to sign to contract deal to have the gum marketed under RPN.

ThermoGum is going this alone.

firedrake

firedrake

Awards
Just a heads up here...

just got massively screwed yet again on a big project. I think the character of business in this country is repugnant.

there's a huge chance that we will start closing out everything pretty soon.

We're fighting the good fight as long as we can. Good news is that you'll probably see some wicked deals at Nutra. Yay.
I'm SO sorry -- you really do have some good products, and I understand the problem. I work in consumer electronics, and some of our subcontractors have really been messing us up this year. People are blowing off supply agreements left and right.

Best of luck to you!

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
sorry for your troubles bro, both supply and with legality's.. Tough for any small business owner to make it in the US during a good economy..I hope it all pans out for you guys

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully this doesn't happen love your products and it is a shame so many people have been getting screwed over in this current climate. All the best luck hopefully this does not happen,

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am quite saddened to read this, Matt. I had been hoping in the past several days and weeks that you would announce some type of respite or turnaround, but 5% chance of survival is, at least, statistically insignificant. Yet, it is not over until it is over! I wish you could technically transfer RPNs assets (brand equity) to a different company and rekindle operations. No matter how this ends, you and Christine have demonstrated a strong capacity to build superb brands and brand awareness at the highest levels of ethics. That is a rare asset you can duplicate in another business environment. You have our utmost respect and our goodwill.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Its a real mood killer for me, cuz I LOVE PLCAR, and now I will not know where to purchase it, really annoyed by this situation.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I'm very sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for that 5% to win out, but am preparing myself for the bad news.

Thanks for everything you do Matt.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I am sort of surprised that no other company has contacted you in terms of working out some type of partnership.

I am sure that other small supplement companies can see the value in your products?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am sort of surprised that no other company has contacted you in terms of working out some type of partnership.

I am sure that other small supplement companies can see the value in your products?
Most companies refuse to release a product they cannot wholesale for at least 3 times cost.

Our products are WAY below that, profitwise.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep your head up Matt. All you can do is fight the good fight. You have all our support.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
much respect, wishing you the best of the best. i'm betting on the 5% though.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
thats terrible news dsade :( is there going to be a hault on all products getting produced, looks like im going to stock up next order.
so there is no possiblity of gut heath coming out again

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats terrible news dsade :( is there going to be a hault on all products getting produced, looks like im going to stock up next order.
so there is no possiblity of gut heath coming out again
Gut health was a dead SKU for us (incomplete redesign). It will likely be sold cheap to another company.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Gut health was a dead SKU for us (incomplete redesign). It will likely be sold cheap to another company.
cant you start a new company like DS/ designer supplements and take the supps with you??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cant you start a new company like DS/ designer supplements and take the supps with you??
DS is completely different ownership from Designer Supps. They purchased the rights to the product formulas and names.

Yeah, I have been approached by a company - but they are offering VERY little. Then again, I would rather go ahead and take it to see the product line survive.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
DS is completely different ownership from Designer Supps. They purchased the rights to the product formulas and names.

Yeah, I have been approached by a company - but they are offering VERY little. Then again, I would rather go ahead and take it to see the product line survive.
so will you be out completely or will you most likley form another company in the future and hold onto the rights to your current products

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so will you be out completely or will you most likley form another company in the future and hold onto the rights to your current products
If I do end up with any interest (again, still early) it will be as a consultant and maybe a minority shareholder.

Reality is reality.

/thinking about taking up Macrame'

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
This is just really sad.

I swear Matt, if I had the money, I would be your silent funding partner.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
its a shame ive only found your products about 12 months ago, hows the shelf lif of your products

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If I do end up with any interest (again, still early) it will be as a consultant and maybe a minority shareholder.

Reality is reality.

/thinking about taking up Macrame'
OMG I love those old fashioned macrame hanging tables :D

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, this is unreal, say it ain't so!

I hope this is just a little speedbump in the normal flow of business, and not signs of a major catastrophe. I wish you folks all the best and I will stick with you no matter what! I am a very satisfied customer and have been since my 1st order.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And they would likely market it in a completely different price range. Sad! :frustrate:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most companies refuse to release a product they cannot wholesale for at least 3 times cost.

Our products are WAY below that, profitwise.

Das ist traurig (that is sad)! Do they not see the business potential of the different RPN products and the entire brand equity? Not to mention the products in the pipeline? Why does profit maximization crowd out profit optimization and good old mid-term to long-term brand-building?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are they looking at RPN's current portfolio only, or does their offer include RPN's pipeline?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there Dude. Pulling for ya!*

*see? I even tossed out an easy pitch for you to knock out of the park just to cheer you up:)

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
f.uck!, you are the only company that i buy from, all the other companies are all thieves and liars. so sad, it always happens to the best ones.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are they looking at RPN's current portfolio only, or does their offer include RPN's pipeline?

Current + pipeline.

Problem is my development style. I tend to develop what I find effective and pleasurable to use - and consider profit margin towards the bottom.

Most companies work the opposite way. This renders products like Clear Edge Renewed and DCP as non-viable.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about offering "stock" to members of the boards. Might sounds silly, but u could im sure u could raise a good deal of capital(since the company name is held in such high regard, keep the business. Make it known that the stock does not offer a say in the day to day running of the company. I dont know, just an idea, cuz i want to see u and ur line continue and prosper.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
sad day indeed. Best of luck. Why is it the good guys/companies are always the first casualties?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that, but I can certainly relate. It is bad what they put small businesses through. Get a hold of me and maybe we can do something. You have some good stuff and good ideas.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Das ist traurig (that is sad)! Do they not see the business potential of the different RPN products and the entire brand equity? Not to mention the products in the pipeline? Why does profit maximization crowd out profit optimization and good old mid-term to long-term brand-building?
We live in a country that a person can go from trailer park to pent house overnight by jumping into the next ...."for the love of xxx" reality show....it's about quick profits and large gains, then flip that, and on to something else, repeat.

This is the American way.

I cannot blame the system totally, but society and substantial economies have made it where if you don't have the dime for the juke box, you cannot dance to the tunes.

MC Gun

MC Gun

Banned
Awards
l really hope you guys pull through it seems there are many dark forces in the US trying to take down the Supplement industry from many angles keep fighting Bro good luck l send my prayers for you.

vicodin

Awards
This sucks very much. I am new to rpn. Not a follow the leader company. I am sad I am late to this.

enswalters

Awards
With the FDA's war on supplement companies, I'm sure other small companies like RPN are going to have a hard time surviving.

Amazing, with the losing wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the "real" drug war, they attack supplement companies.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
This really pisses me off....F*ck the FDA for one, for two...I would seriously love to choke that idiot who took havoc for months with no pct...honestly morons like that who do not do the proper research, take supplements and then complain about problems after the fact need to be charged with a felony for being that flat out retarded. Honestly, the people who do not do their due diligence on what they are putting into their bodies have no business taking supplements in general and by making the excuse that they thought they were taking a multi-vitamin so it should be safe, or that the company (regardless of how good a company's reputation is healthy skepticism should always be used...that is just being smart as you never trust anyone or anything blindly) claimed that the product was safe are just proving they have no common sense and they are lazy. Nuff said! :mad:

On the bright side...Matt and Christine...I really hope everything works out in your favor. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

DMOORE30

Awards
How about offering "stock" to members of the boards. Might sounds silly, but u could im sure u could raise a good deal of capital(since the company name is held in such high regard, keep the business. Make it known that the stock does not offer a say in the day to day running of the company. I dont know, just an idea, cuz i want to see u and ur line continue and prosper.
I would buy stock in RPN....Even though I dont know much about economics and stocks, RPN is a great company who I will support till the end...

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
the whole stock idea is something u should think about dsade im sure theres alot of people who would be down to buy share of the company to keep it going

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would move stuff around and place spots for RPN stock.

Damn it! Every order from Nutra since last September has included at minimum 2 RPN products, if not more.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Matt, I will keep you and Christine and family in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck in whatever happens. This sucks.

ViperKing666

Awards
Wouldn't the coming DCP stock help big time in terms of revenue? I know the profit margin is low, but just keep consecutive shipments coming.

I think DCP and Eviscerate is going to be a staple summer stack for everyone now.

RPN missed a lot of sales this summer because of the DCP production problem, but I think next summer it will be a SMASH.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
::tear rolls down cheek::

Edit- Will no longer support thermogum.