dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thread to recommend easiest dosing. PLCAR is a bit sour.

So far:

Pink Lemonade Crystal Light
Watermelon Xtend

lately (for morning) -

MaxMuscle Banana protein blend.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hows it taste in comparison to ALCAR?. I don't mind the taste of alcar, in fact its pretty good I take it right out of the container in a 1/2 teaspoon measure and just eat it and have some water.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hows it taste in comparison to ALCAR?. I don't mind the taste of alcar, in fact its pretty good I take it right out of the container in a 1/2 teaspoon measure and just eat it and have some water.
whereas I would consider ALCAR to be vinegary sour, PLCAR is just straight sour...just a hair worse than ALCAR.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whereas I would consider ALCAR to be vinegary sour, PLCAR is just straight sour...just a hair worse than ALCAR.
Hair of the dog! :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thread to recommend easiest dosing. PLCAR is a bit sour.

So far:

Pink Lemonade Crystal Light
Watermelon Xtend

lately (for morning) -

MaxMuscle Banana protein blend.
Have you tried it with any Purple Wraath flavour?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another winner - Low Carb Monsters.

U

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Take it w/ some Strange. You don't have to worry about the taste of PLCAR when the taste of Strange is lingering on your mouth. :p

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Hypothetically, dont they both warrant excellent benefits? Why havent they been combined then (yet)?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've wanted to try PLCAR for a long time.

When is it going to be available? Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been around much

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
lemon lime crystal light works well for masking flavours for me.

T

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The taste of PLCAR is mild enough for me to just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little worse than ALCAR as said, but not bad at all.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Thanks dsade, I read a bit of the description on the NP site but a lot of it was WAY over my head!!

Could you give a quick "in a nutshell" rundown the differences between PLCAR and ALCAR? I'm in the middle of discussions with the wife on WHY i have to make another order soon!!!:nervous:

I love ALCAR. I've just added 1/2 a t-spoon to my Citrulline Malate / Beta-Alanine pre workout drink. Having GREAT workouts and find it has body composition potential and adds that mental kick that was missing. I train at 4:00 am so the mental thing is vital. Does the PLCAR have these benefits?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks dsade, I read a bit of the description on the NP site but a lot of it was WAY over my head!!

Could you give a quick "in a nutshell" rundown the differences between PLCAR and ALCAR? I'm in the middle of discussions with the wife on WHY i have to make another order soon!!!:nervous:

I love ALCAR. I've just added 1/2 a t-spoon to my Citrulline Malate / Beta-Alanine pre workout drink. Having GREAT workouts and find it has body composition potential and adds that mental kick that was missing. I train at 4:00 am so the mental thing is vital. Does the PLCAR have these benefits?
The body comp benefits of PLCAR far outweigh those of ALCAR.

The same boost ALCAR gives you mentally, PLCAR gives you physically.

It has a special high affinity for skeletal and heart muscle, so delivers fuel there preferentially boosting endurance dramatically.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been mixing 1g PLCAR with 1.5g ALCAR 2x/day and taking it straight; the taste isn't really an issue.

ALA gives me hives, so though I'd like to take it in conjunction with the CAR, I have to opt for other antioxidants; usually Reverse and VitC.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been mixing 1g PLCAR with 1.5g ALCAR 2x/day and taking it straight; the taste isn't really an issue.

ALA gives me hives, so though I'd like to take it in conjunction with the CAR, I have to opt for other antioxidants; usually Reverse and VitC.
what about the electrolyte stabilized ALA molecules? The MOA really cannot be duplicated by things like Vit c.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been getting some K-R-ALA in Glycobol, and I haven't been having issues with it - I don't know what dose that is at, though. I didn't realize there was a specific MOA that needed to be accounted for. I'll keep experimenting with the KRALA after I'm out of Glycobol and see what happens.

Thanks Matt

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been getting some K-R-ALA in Glycobol, and I haven't been having issues with it - I don't know what dose that is at, though. I didn't realize there was a specific MOA that needed to be accounted for. I'll keep experimenting with the KRALA after I'm out of Glycobol and see what happens.

Thanks Matt
ALA prevents intracellular damage...very important when you rev up mitochondrial function with Carnitine esters , thus increasing oxidative waste.

K-R-ALA is a great form.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gatorade Orange G2 is EXCELLENT for covering up the taste.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALA prevents intracellular damage...very important when you rev up mitochondrial function with Carnitine esters , thus increasing oxidative waste.

K-R-ALA is a great form.
I thought all antioxidants had intracellular function. I knew that oxidation increases in result of increased ATP generation - I just had assumed that any antiox would do the trick. Isn't ALA also somehow a cofactor to carnitine function?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought all antioxidants had intracellular function. I knew that oxidation increases in result of increased ATP generation - I just had assumed that any antiox would do the trick. Isn't ALA also somehow a cofactor to carnitine function?
This is a pretty decent summary of why ALA it unique.

http://intelegen.com/nutrients/rlipoic_acid.htm

Yes, it works with Carnitine extremely well - but I don't want to spill my beans just yet and this was part of the Mitochondrial Boost product (now blending into MACHINE).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That link is an AWESOME read - I never knew how different antioxidants interacted with each other!

Also: Mitochondrial Boost Product? Do tell!
They absolutely do. NOxidant took me a ridiculous amount of research and hours tailoring each anti-ox just right in order to maximize punch and prevent pro-oxidation. ALA and SOD (in each of its forms) are your super potent mitochondria anti-oxidants, keeping the machinery humming along perfectly.

Mitochindrial Booster is being merged with the MACHINE formula, as an all encompassing endurance/strength augmentor. More details will be comign soon.

G

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I mixed 1.5 grams into my morning oatmeal today (2 scoops ATW Choc-PB, 1tsp Cinnamon, 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder) and couldn't even detect it. I think I'll be doing my morning dose like this from now on.

I also mixed 1.5g PLCAR into my ULTIMA yesterday with a 1/2 tsp Citrus Dew flavoring. It was also undetectable, and my workout was friggen insane. As if Ultima wasn't complete enough, I think the PLCAR works great with the formula! I will continue the night doage like this as well
:dance::dance:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another winner - Low Carb Monsters.
Sold. My only real vice anymore is these damn things. I try to only have a few a week as opposed to the 2-3 I used to have per day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the dosimg...1tsp or 1 tbsp equals how much plcar?
1 tsp is about 4 grams.

Dosage recommendation is around 1-1.5 grams twice a day, in the morning and preworkout being ideal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, how much PLCAR is in Eviscerate?
Enough. :)

I'm unfortunately not going to reveal individual components of Eviscerate, but there are between 2-3 grams of PLCAR in Eviscerate.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Enough. :)

I'm unfortunately not going to reveal individual components of Eviscerate, but there are between 2-3 grams of PLCAR in Eviscerate.
I wasn't looking for exact figures. Is that 2-3 in a dose of E or in the bottle?

I was going to pick up some PLCAR to use while I'm cutting, but I also going to be using E twice a day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't looking for exact figures. Is that 2-3 in a dose of E or in the bottle?

I was going to pick up some PLCAR to use while I'm cutting, but I also going to be using E twice a day.
If I could cram 2-3 grams of PLCAR into a single dose of E, I would be a GOD!

That's per bottle.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
If I could cram 2-3 grams of PLCAR into a single dose of E, I would be a GOD!

That's per bottle.
Thanks.
I thought that was a stupid question, but I sometimes have to ask stupid questions.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
1 tsp is about 4 grams.

Dosage recommendation is around 1-1.5 grams twice a day, in the morning and preworkout being ideal.
Is it best taken on an empty stomach? Or does it not matter? The preworkout dose should be taken how long before you train?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it best taken on an empty stomach? Or does it not matter? The preworkout dose should be taken how long before you train?
doesn't much matter....I add it to protein shakes lately.

Should be take 30-45 minutes prior.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
doesn't much matter....I add it to protein shakes lately.

Should be take 30-45 minutes prior.
Thanks Matt.

I found a 1/4tsp measuring spoon, so I assume that would be about 1g.

D

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
I use a 1/4 tsp and and take it straight and chase with Xtend. Taste isnt THAT bad and fades fast

or sometimes I just mix in xtend pre workout

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Is a second dose still recommended on off days?

U

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is. Still useful even if not working out, plus there is a cumulative effect.

J

JGank

Awards
i just picked 200 grams. I respond very well to high doses of ALCAR. So I have high dopes for PLCAR. I picked up some alphaburn as well. I'm hoping to get rid of my love handles.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i just picked 200 grams. I respond very well to high doses of ALCAR. So I have high dopes for PLCAR. I picked up some alphaburn as well. I'm hoping to get rid of my love handles.
sounds good, let us know how it goes!

G

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
I never take alcar without some form of r-ala, which as of late has been na-r-ala. Not sure how na-r-ala powder tastes though. I go with the caps.

i plan on capping my own, but i cant wait to try this stack

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
I just took my first dose, just threw it in and chased with water. Not bad at all. I have some ALCAR here, but it's kind of old. What is the shelf life for ALCAR/PLCAR?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
If this is still about taste, Koolaid Cherry seriously covers all of BCAA/etc bitter.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Tried this today. 1.5g PLCAR/1g ALCAR in about 10oz water with 1 packet of Splenda. Tastes just like lemonade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Supplements 1
S Supplements 24
Avengeme Evomuse 6
dsade Evomuse 128
M Supplements 46