TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
2 Scoops of Chocolate Whey - My favorite is ON Gold Standard
1 slightly overripe banana - couple brown spots on the peel
12 ounces of water
2 tablespoons of powdered milk
2 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter

Throw the first 4 ingredients in the blender and beat the crap out of it - then add the peanut butter at the very end. Its dessert in a glass (can also add creatine or other supps if needed)

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
1 And 1/2 Scoop Whey
6 Oz Eggwhite International
Glutamine
Dextrose
Creatine
4 ICE CUBES

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
timberlakers,

I love that recipe. I have been doing that for years. I also add a little vanilla if I am using unflavored protein. It makes a great snack.

I like
A little honey
A little vanilla
Whey
Banana
Peanut Butter
Ice
and
Water

Its pretty good.
Thanks for the great idea DreamofWeight. Ill give it a try tonight and see how I like it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
When do you guys make these shakes???
Do you make them prior to the workout and take them to the gym with you? or do you wait until you get home and have at it?

JW.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
Do you make them prior to the workout and take them to the gym with you? or do you wait until you get home and have at it?

JW.
well u have like a 3hour window i think...(1-2hour just to be safe) to take ur post workout supplements. shouldent hurt to make it when u get home.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I thought but I normally just take my protein in a bottle with me then hit up the water fountain.... A few shakes later and Im ready to go!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
well u have like a 3hour window i think...(1-2hour just to be safe) to take ur post workout supplements. shouldent hurt to make it when u get home.
3hours is a bit much isnt it? I've always been told within 30mins is the best time to eat after a workout.

JW.
Morning or at night, or after my workout. Mostly at night when i need to get some extra cals in :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
sorry it wasent 3...it was 2...i googled it..and i dont know why u would take protein for the cals... why not for the protein?.

"
I don't know what you mean there, i didn't say i'd take protein for the cals. I mean't i'd take a extra shake at the end of the day if i needed to bump up my cals a bit. All my shakes are high in carbs and protein :)

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
3hours is a bit much isnt it? I've always been told within 30mins is the best time to eat after a workout.

Morning or at night, or after my workout. Mostly at night when i need to get some extra cals in :)
what kind or protein do u take at night.?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
chub; i was confused with ur though process on why u take a protein such as whey at night.... im not trying to act up.... but u should try a slow processing protein at night... it will help nurish ur body thoughout ur sleep.... as well as help to keep u anabolic.. if im not mistaken

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
chub; i was confused with ur though process on why u take a protein such as whey at night.... im not trying to act up.... but u should try a slow processing protein at night... it will help nurish ur body thoughout ur sleep.... as well as help to keep u anabolic.. if im not mistaken
I don't usually use a lot of whey supplements at night. They seem to give me the runs lol. only if i'm serious bulking. I try to keep it all to wholefoods as much as possible. What kinda slow processing protein are you talking about? as i can't really think of any :p

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
I don't usually use a lot of whey supplements at night. They seem to give me the runs lol. only if i'm serious bulking. I try to keep it all to wholefoods as much as possible. What kinda slow processing protein are you talking about? as i can't really think of any :p
check out ultrapeptide2.0 from xtreme formulations...good taste!! Nutraplanet has it.. 2.0 has more cals than the original.. they are both equally as good though

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
the only problem with that is its expensive!!!
as a poor college student, Im finding it hard to make ends meet and support my lifting addiction.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
the only problem with that is its expensive!!!
as a poor college student, Im finding it hard to make ends meet and support my lifting addiction.
i started saving my beer money...lol

lol..u could buy in bulk... then cap the powdrs, and sell them to ur friends for double.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
it would be great if I had friends!!! lol jk
but it would be great to have friends that liked to lift more than three times a year...

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
it would be great if I had friends!!! lol jk
but it would be great to have friends that liked to lift more than three times a year...

haha i know exactly what u mean... i gave my homie a whole day of supplements... he didnt even use it all....

then i took him to the gym with me....never again....i like the dude... but i just cant stand ppl who talk in between sets or even reps!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
All my friends talk about wanting to get memberships and coming with me... eventually I just stopped calling them to come with me. They used up all my guest passes then decide to give up lifting. a true letdown. So I made friends with some guys at the gym! they can atleast lend a spot and someone to talk with while waiting for a bench.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
All my friends talk about wanting to get memberships and coming with me... eventually I just stopped calling them to come with me. They used up all my guest passes then decide to give up lifting. a true letdown. So I made friends with some guys at the gym! they can atleast lend a spot and someone to talk with while waiting for a bench.
true true... if the bench is taken, i sit and stare untill they they move!!....lol
:bruce2:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
haha! I just like to do the same exercise standing up!! with more weight! it shows them whos boss!! lol

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Inarius,

I'm a Penn State Alum... You at UP? What gym you hittin up? White?

The money gets easier man... Make sure you take care of yourself first... I know how fast the money goes at PSU... freakin Cafe 2 dollar teas.

And I think you got the right advice here. Pound the protein shakes as soon as you put the weights down. I usually put it in a bottle and chug it on the walk home.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
true true... if the bench is taken, i sit and stare untill they they move!!....lol
:bruce2:
Last night I did legs and abs.. There is one decline bench with grips at the top for leg raises (elevated) that I pretty much own every night.

There was a fat guy on it with a weight vest doing these terrible situp looking things, which he might as well have been doing on the floor.

I just wanted to be like... dude... cardio.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
Last night I did legs and abs.. There is one decline bench with grips at the top for leg raises (elevated) that I pretty much own every night.

There was a fat guy on it with a weight vest doing these terrible situp looking things, which he might as well have been doing on the floor.

I just wanted to be like... dude... cardio.
hahahaha... u shoulda been like wow... did u make that vest cuz i didnt know they made them that big...lol
naa jk that was mean

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha... u shoulda been like wow... did u make that vest cuz i didnt know they made them that big...lol
naa jk that was mean

How about.... "Dude, you're wearing a vest AND a fat suit?!?! INTENSE!!!"

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol thats great...
Yeah im at UP. Born and Raised in State College. I hit up White and Rec Hall during the semester but now that Im home and PSU gym memberships are more expensive than the local Ymca thats where im spending my time.