Chicken Seasoning

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure this has been done before but for lack of finding it I made a new one. What do you put on your chicken? I say this because I made a tasty new discovering last night.

Typically I season my chicken with a mixture that I premake and package. It is a combination of Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. I use this combo because its quick, easy, and tasty. I sprinkle it on and throw the chicken in the oven to bake.

Last night I was digging through my cupboard and found some brown sugar...so I added it to the mixture of spices and put a light coating on top of the chicken before I baked it.

Now the spices alone are tasty, but with the added sweetness of the brown sugar it was awesome.

Anyone else have some quick and easy ways to make chicken or some other meat more flavorful?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like Montreal Chicken Seasoning.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whether it's chicken, or fish, I usually sprinkle some Seasoned Salt, Paprika, Garlic Powder, and Lime Pepper on the meat. It always ends up tasting pretty good.

I might have to give the brown sugar a try.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about something like Supercarb instead of brown sugar?

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
I use red chili paste and SMALL amounts of teryaki sauce, chop a red onion in that and stir fry. Good and spicy :)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Mrs. Dash is my friend and lover.

I like the Montreal Chicken and Steak seasonings too. Tons of salt though. I've found that the 'steak' seasonings on chicken and the 'chicken' seasonings on steak isn't too bad and adds a bit of variety.

:food:

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
Cajun chicken mix this all together and store in shaker or bag brush chicken with olive oil and bake, broil, or grill
1tbsb paprika
1tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i have 2 tubs of supercarb .may try some black pepper.salt and garlic with supercarb tonight...need some variety as i have to plan my meals in advance for work

wrangler3456

wrangler3456

Awards
Lawrys Seasoned salt is awesome as well!

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
You guys are missing out. Take some dijon mustard and mix it with some parsley, spread it over the chicken, then sprinkle some paprika over it. Bake @ 425 degrees for 30 mins. MM mmm.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i went with honey mustard and cajun seasoning..damn that was good

jikeman

Awards
the orange seasoning package from GOYA is the ****

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We had someone here say they opened up a few caps of DCP and used it as chicken seasoning.

I don't think I am man enough to try this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have 2 tubs of supercarb .may try some black pepper.salt and garlic with supercarb tonight...need some variety as i have to plan my meals in advance for work
Update?

How did this turn out?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
lol it turned out ok...i used a foreman grill so it kinda stuck to it..taste wise i was very good..i am goining to bake a few tonight with supercarb on top..i am also working on a very simple fudge recipe for supercarb

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol it turned out ok...i used a foreman grill so it kinda stuck to it..taste wise i was very good..i am goining to bake a few tonight with supercarb on top..i am also working on a very simple fudge recipe for supercarb
Sounds like you are bidding for the role of Chef Supercarb.

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
We had someone here say they opened up a few caps of DCP and used it as chicken seasoning.

I don't think I am man enough to try this.
LOL. Yea I think that was TheMyth if I'm remembering correctly. So what exactly is in DCP to make it a damn seasoning??:think:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite of course is adobo. Works on anything

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL. Yea I think that was TheMyth if I'm remembering correctly. So what exactly is in DCP to make it a damn seasoning??:think:
the Salvia is herbal, and has the kind of taste that would be called "savory". It might actually combine with the RKs to form something that would be....interesting.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Soaking chicken breasts in lime juice for a few hours and 'seasoning' as normal results in pretty tasty bird, that is 'different' from your norm.

Rodzilla

Board Sponsor
Awards
please tell me your entering the contest!

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
well the recipe is easy to make..it is not mine i got ir from a recipe website ..i forget which one.the original recipe is..

1 cup of virgin coconut oil
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup of honey

it is only semi healthy lol
mix the cocoa and coconut oil together then add the honey and let sit in the frig for a hour

i was going to mix the the supercarb in place of the honey..or try a half and half mix of supercarb to honey

cheff

cheff

Awards
Chicken.- try my tips.

Never salty before to cook (because Dehydrates the chicken)
For a good chicken marinated (marinated for -3 to +5hrs o more)
Mustard & honey cause a great mix (try it)
Grill cause a great flavor a texture
You chicken is very hard try this (lime juice,orange or any acid for soften the chicken.
Fill you chicken breast with Ham ando cook in a grill.
u need tips or international recipes
I am at your disposal.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
Lime Juice
Sweet Onion (Ring sliced)
Cilantro
Fresh Thin Sliced Pineapple slices (1 over each breast)
** Marinade in Fridge for about 2.5---3 hrs.

Grill at about 350*
makes for Killer chicken.