Healthy Grocery List Generator! - AnabolicMinds.com

Healthy Grocery List Generator!

Healthy Grocery List Generator!

I just created a website that is full of healthy, nutritous recipes. healthygrocerylist.com Healthy Grocery List - You pick the meals, We'll make your grocery list![/url]. What makes this site unique is, you select what recipes you want to make each week, and it will generate your grocery list for you! Oh, and it is, and always will be, FREE! Enjoy! Oh, and your feedback on the site is greatly appreciated...

Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

thats kind of clever.....you need to add more recipes tho.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Interesting idea... but can you add in "Total Fat" column to the page? Makes it easy to type it into fitday... or better yet... get a "Add to Fitday" API.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Interesting idea... but can you add in "Total Fat" column to the page? Makes it easy to type it into fitday... or better yet... get a "Add to Fitday" API.

Adams
    good idea. I wonder if he will respond or just advertising....?

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    good idea. I wonder if he will respond or just advertising....?
    Most likely just advertising, but if it was included, it would definately inspire me to use it.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

Thank you for the feedback!

Most likely just advertising, but if it was included, it would definately inspire me to use it.

Adams
    Well, I am trying to get the word out, but before I tell "The world", I would like some feedback about the site. Total Fat on the page, you got it! I thougth about that, but then I figured there's a link there to get the complete nutritional breakdown, but a lot of people miss it, and, like you've implied, it's very important!

Do you think I should just add up the 3 fat categories, or display all 3 on the Recipe Page?

My goal is to be a complete source for everyone with different dietery needs, be it body building, diabetics, blood type people, and low carb, or whatever else people are interested in out there. So, yes, I have put my site on a couple of websites, but I do try to respond to everyone. My hope is that one day, people who enjoy the site, and really become dedicated to it will start to enter their own. (That hasn't happened yet!)
    But, anyway, thanks for checking it out. Let me know about the 3 different fats, or just the sum. One way or another, it'll be up there on Saturday. Keep the feedback coming!
    David

The word is out, nice site added it to my favs can anyone add recipes.

Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    The word is out, nice site added it to my favs can anyone add recipes.
    Thanks for the feedback. Anyone can add a recipe to the site, as long as they register. I made registration pretty easy. Just login, password, and zip code. (I wanted a little demographic information) I thought it was important for people to know that I wasn't paruzzing for emails or cash. The reason I wanted people to be registerd was I was thinking, some people may come up with better recipes than others, and if you find a "chef" that you like, you could some day get a list of recipes that they entered. (still working on that part)

Quote Originally Posted by daveb1040 View Post
    Well, I am trying to get the word out, but before I tell "The world", I would like some feedback about the site. Total Fat on the page, you got it! I thougth about that, but then I figured there's a link there to get the complete nutritional breakdown, but a lot of people miss it, and, like you've implied, it's very important!

Do you think I should just add up the 3 fat categories, or display all 3 on the Recipe Page?

My goal is to be a complete source for everyone with different dietery needs, be it body building, diabetics, blood type people, and low carb, or whatever else people are interested in out there. So, yes, I have put my site on a couple of websites, but I do try to respond to everyone. My hope is that one day, people who enjoy the site, and really become dedicated to it will start to enter their own. (That hasn't happened yet!)
    But, anyway, thanks for checking it out. Let me know about the 3 different fats, or just the sum. One way or another, it'll be up there on Saturday. Keep the feedback coming!
    David
    I did see that break down... but on the main page, including total fat would be very benefitial... with an indent for the breakdown.

Maybe making the initial recipe page have a labe that looks like the Nutrient Facts from a product, with all the normal addition on it.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

What is fitday?

I did see that break down... but on the main page, including total fat would be very benefitial... with an indent for the breakdown.

Maybe making the initial recipe page have a labe that looks like the Nutrient Facts from a product, with all the normal addition on it.

Adams
    Thanks for the input... I will have that in by tomorrow night...
    What is fit day? What do you use it for?

Thanks for the input... I will have that in by tomorrow night...
    What is fit day? What do you use it for?
    Fitday.com it is a free tool used by most people around here, and other boards for nutrion tracking. Some websites wrote a quick API, where when you click the link, it adds the food to your custom foods list, with all the nutrients.

here is a example
    Sambazon Organic Acai Juice, Original Blend nutrition information - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

If you look below the nutrition facts, it has a button to add to your FITDAY foods list.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

great idea, will try some of the recipes

That will save me some time...

Fitday.com it is a free tool used by most people around here, and other boards for nutrion tracking. Some websites wrote a quick API, where when you click the link, it adds the food to your custom foods list, with all the nutrients.

here is a example
    Sambazon Organic Acai Juice, Original Blend nutrition information - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

If you look below the nutrition facts, it has a button to add to your FITDAY foods list.

Adams
    I sent them an email regarding interfacing with their application. I wanted to do something like what fit day does in phase 2 of this website, but I'm pooped from phase 1, and they will do a much better job than I can. This is going to be perfect. Thanks for the info. The api seems pretty smiple, so hopefully, I can have it up and going a few days after they get back to me.
    Any other info, I'm all ears...
    Thanks again...
    David

Adams
    I got the extra information on the Recipe Display page... I'm still waiting on word from fitday regarding the api... Anything else, let me know....
    Thanks
    David

I got the extra information on the Recipe Display page... I'm still waiting on word from fitday regarding the api... Anything else, let me know....
    Thanks
    David
    Good stuff... I will definitely use up your site for some good ideas. Glad you were around to listen to ideas.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mayo Clinic's Top 10 Healthy Foods list
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
  2. Grocery List......
    By mathis50262 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
  3. Grocery List Help!