High Protein Ranch Dip.

  1. High Protein Ranch Dip.


    Take a container of 1% cottage cheese (16oz.) and throw this in the blender. Buy a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning or something similar. Blend until creamy......


    Thats it, it tastes pretty good.

    You can use it for dip for vegetables, Whole grain crackers and my personal favorite.


    The Sweet Mexican.

    1 huge Sweet potato
    a pinch of mexican seasoning
    dash of hot sauce
    two heaping teaspoons of the cottage cheese concoction.

    Cook the potato, sprinkle on the Tex-Mex seasoning and top it with the Dip. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and Voila.


  2. That dip sounds really good. I'll have to try that on some salad...

  3. Thanks for sharing bud, I'm all down for the NF CC
    •   
       


  4. Basically you can just blend a container of cottage cheese and that is a crappier, yet healthier version of sour cream. I use the guacamole seasoning and use it on lime-spiced chicken breast.

    Blended cottage cheese is gonna be the new pet rock.

  5. Try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to a cup of cottage cheese before you blend it. Add a little water too if you need different consistancy. Should really taste like sour cream.

  6. My clients and members are going to love this! Thanks Socrates! Karma to you!
  7. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates44
    Basically you can just blend a container of cottage cheese and that is a crappier, yet healthier version of sour cream. I use the guacamole seasoning and use it on lime-spiced chicken breast.

    Blended cottage cheese is gonna be the new pet rock.

  8. i admit, i was very VERY skeptical about this. not anymore, it tastes better than ranch straight out of the bottle. socrates, i applaud you. this is, IMO, the single greatest concoction i've read on the net so far, and so simple. to take ranch dressing and make it into a high protein, very low fat dip is incredible. cottage cheese and ranch sounds absolutely deplorable (sp?) but dammit, i don't believe it could get any better. i'm sitting here watching mrs. beez wipe out the blender with a chicken wrap, looks like a kid at christmas time. anyhoo, major props to ya for this, rep points don't give it justice.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i admit, i was very VERY skeptical about this. not anymore, it tastes better than ranch straight out of the bottle. socrates, i applaud you. this is, IMO, the single greatest concoction i've read on the net so far, and so simple. to take ranch dressing and make it into a high protein, very low fat dip is incredible. cottage cheese and ranch sounds absolutely deplorable (sp?) but dammit, i don't believe it could get any better. i'm sitting here watching mrs. beez wipe out the blender with a chicken wrap, looks like a kid at christmas time. anyhoo, major props to ya for this, rep points don't give it justice.
    For a second I had a vision that you were schizophrenic and you were both mr. and mrs. beez, and you were wearing a dress with a wig talking in a high pitched voice... It was like something out of a horror movie

    Anyhow, try putting cottage cheese in the food processor with splenda, vanilla extract and a little bit of lemon juice... Instant cheesecake pudding

  10. I think that pretty much explains everything.... finally. Well done!

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    For a second I had a vision that you were schizophrenic and you were both mr. and mrs. beez, and you were wearing a dress with a wig talking in a high pitched voice... It was like something out of a horror movie

  11. Im glad you guys like this recipe so much. It basically came from me having nothing but cottage cheese and some ranch seasoning left and seeing what i could do.

    Blend the cottage cheese an and bam you have guacomole as a healthy, high protein sid add guacomole seasoning and add some avacados (if you choose) or i prefer over the avacados, feta chese. Add that with some lime-seasoned chicken and rice and you have a high protein guacomole that you can eat as much as you want.


    Thanks for all the rep points, i figured i would share this with the world finally.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    For a second I had a vision that you were schizophrenic and you were both mr. and mrs. beez, and you were wearing a dress with a wig talking in a high pitched voice... It was like something out of a horror movie
    i call that a slow tuesday.

  13. God I love the recipe forum!


    Name:  P2190001.JPG
Views: 1201
Size:  60.3 KB

    A little late night snack of brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, smoked salmon, garden herb triscuits and the incredible edible high protein, nonfat ranch.

    (Pay no attention to the glass of wine next to it)
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    God I love the recipe forum!

    A little late night snack of brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, smoked salmon, garden herb triscuits and the incredible edible high protein, nonfat ranch.
    Looks f*ckin tastey!

  15. Just wanted to bump this recipe up in time for Sunday... The possibilties are plentiful with this. I'm thinking of the layered dip using this, no-fat refried beans, guac, tomatoes, and low fat/no fat cheese on top.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dingling View Post
    Just wanted to bump this recipe up in time for Sunday... The possibilties are plentiful with this. I'm thinking of the layered dip using this, no-fat refried beans, guac, tomatoes, and low fat/no fat cheese on top.

    Absolutely, I have done this, its an amazing addition. Try adding some taco seasoning to the blend cottage cheese and adding a bit of salsa. It tastes AWESOME

  17. Sweeeeet recipe, I love ranch dip and making it high protein...I'd type more but I got a tear in my eye

    jecko

  18. ranch dip and sweet potatoe fries

  19. **** im out. Im going to ralphs right now peace. thanks for the receipe socrates!!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Moyer View Post
    Try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to a cup of cottage cheese before you blend it. Add a little water too if you need different consistancy. Should really taste like sour cream.
    Or buttermilk. That'll work great in this recipe. I love it.

  21. I did this over the weekend. I used taco meat mix to make a mexican dip...it was fantastic. I downed almost a whole container of cottage cheese in one day!

  22. They have the fiesta ranch seasoning packets as well. This goes on everything from chicken, to veggies, to using it as a chip dip! I threw the ideas to my roommates and they make tubs of it all the time!

  23. i need to bump this bc i just did it recently.. and its sooo damn delicious..

    right now im munchin on veggies and CC ranch dip

    i add 2 tbsp of virgin olive oil and that helps 1. keep it from separating, and 2. keeps the consistency nice without water
    only adds a slight g or 2 of fat per serving, but its healthy oils


  24. How is this if you despise cottege cheese?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    How is this if you despise cottege cheese?
    well its not as smooth as ranch dressing... you have to spoon it out....not pour it

    personally, i think it has about 5% cottage cheese-ness to it... if that... but add enough ranch powder and some pepper and really ...you cant tell that it was ever from CC....

    is it 100% ranch... hell no.. but its solid protein, low low fat, and maybe a trace carb or 2.

    i dont enjoy CC, but i can stomach it... this stuff is insane

  26. I'll give it a shot and see.

  27. Some people have been looking for this for a while, so i figured I would update the thread. I also posted another CC recipe, which is basically a layer dip a few threads down. ENJOY!

  28. great recipe.

  29. looks tasty going to give it a whirl when i go to the store next

  30. do you happen to know the combined nutritional value?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by bigthick44 View Post
    do you happen to know the combined nutritional value?
    Whatever cottage cheese you choose to add, and whatever ranch flavoring you add. Its just eating cottage cheese.

  32. great idea.

  33. I dont get one thing.. when you say add a ranch packet/powder, what does that mean? Do you actually add a packet of real ranch ??

    thanks

  34. Quote Originally Posted by liftnainez View Post
    I dont get one thing.. when you say add a ranch packet/powder, what does that mean? Do you actually add a packet of real ranch ??

    thanks
    there are little tea size packets of ranch seasonings you can buy. Just mix it in with the cottage cheese.

  35. Maybe I can switch my sister's ranch habit to something a little better for her.

  36. sounds pretty damn good, may need to try it out this weekend
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
  2. High protein mexican dip
    By easymac in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
  3. high protein, low carb snacks
    By psywzrd in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
  4. High Protein Diets Need Calcium
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:37 PM
  5. High Protein Bars for Kids...
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Log in
Log in