Prepped meals

jerame956

Awards
Okay just got done with my first week of prepped meals and I like my results so far but just wanted to ask for an opinion I used no salt on my meals which I know it's not about taste but about how clean you eat but what are some other salt subs that are good for seasoning?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flavor God has some good ones and mrs. Dash does as well.

jerame956

Awards
Alright I'll try flavor God out I got Mrs. Dash but thanks for the info

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Vinegar based hot sauces are often sodium free, I have a wide selection here I love.

I'm a spice guy lol, only mrs dash I will use is extra spicy blend

jerame956

Awards
Sounds good didn't know that about vinegar based hot sauces now I'll be on the look out

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Dat Huy Fung green top chili garlic paste doe.. Hnnnnggggg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why are you afraid of salt?

jerame956

Awards
Well most prepped meal videos I seen they didn't use salt so figured I might as well go along with it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well most prepped meal videos I seen they didn't use salt so figured I might as well go along with it
Its fine in moderation, it you like salt it's an easy way to add taste to a meal

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't be afraid of salt brah. Just watch the sodium contents especially with condiments. If you never use any salt, you may not want to eat any of the food you prepare. Everyone is different, but a little salt can bring out a lot of dat dere flavor.

jerame956

Awards
Well I got some cilantro salsa today that I'm gonna add on to my meals 2 tbls has 110mg of sodium so it ain't that bad

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I eat so much sodium it's ridiculous. Your body will adjust to whatever becomes "normal" for you. Unless you have some other health issue, nature will take care of itself and regulate your body to homeostasis.

Obviously there's times when more or less are better, but overall, your enjoyment of food and overall diet is way bigger than simply sodium content. You won't gain or lose weight based on that alone unless your looking at the diff between stage ready at 4%bf and zero water retention and a bloated 6%

jerame956

Awards
Good to know sounds good I guess I'll be picking up the sodium a little because yeah them meals don't taste like ****

Curiousg

Awards
I second the flavor god seasonings pretty good price too!