Lightweight carb secret!!

klpfitness

klpfitness

Awards
Ever eat oatmeal to get the preworkout carb in you for the extra pump?!?! I have found that it sits so heavy in my stomach that my workout just isn't the same!!! Well in the midst of dieting for my show I found the secret!!! BABY FOOD , yep I said it baby food ! They make an oatmeal that is ten times lighter than the regular steel oats we use!! They come is regular , Wheat and multi grain! During my prep I would have a scoop of that mixed with my favorite sugar free jelly! It's a delicious lightweight carb that will still give you the pump your looking for!!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried Cream of Rice? Very similar, and what I use as my pre workout carb source most often.

If looking for something even lighter, that's easily digestible (at least for me), and doesn't fill you up whatsoever, a couple rice crispie treats does the trick. I've recently added them pre, as my caloric intake is very high and it allows me to have a large intra drink (EAAs, carbs, and a few other ingredients) and post wo meal without feeling too full or weighed down.

klpfitness

klpfitness

Awards
Thanks breezy11 No I have never tried that . I will have to!! The baby oatmeal seems pretty similar so I am sure it would be great! Obviously being that babies need things that are easy digesting I went with that!!! Awsome tip though! And who doesn't love rice Crispy treats! Prob not the best when I am in my show diet mode lol but I will Def be trying that now also!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried the baby food. I feel like it's still high in calories.

klpfitness

klpfitness

Awards
Yes it can be puccah8808 , it all depends on your diet for my diet at the time it worked great for my high carb day! Def important to find what works best for you specific needs:) have you found anything that works best for you?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks breezy11 No I have never tried that . I will have to!! The baby oatmeal seems pretty similar so I am sure it would be great! Obviously being that babies need things that are easy digesting I went with that!!! Awsome tip though! And who doesn't love rice Crispy treats! Prob not the best when I am in my show diet mode lol but I will Def be trying that now also!!
No problem. I know a few people that have used baby food as well. Ha I'm in the offseason and doing what I can to keep my appetite up throughout the day in order to get the food required to grow. I actually got the idea from another competitor and it has made a noticeable difference in how hungry I am following my workout. Having a couple treats is a nice bonus too.

klpfitness

klpfitness

Awards
You are not kidding lol show dieting is just a whole diffrent level lol ! I just got done with my show last week so I am Def looking for some treat to try

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it can be puccah8808 , it all depends on your diet for my diet at the time it worked great for my high carb day! Def important to find what works best for you specific needs:) have you found anything that works best for you?
I've tried so many "diets" that I don't know what works anymore, lol. When I first started losing weight, I would eat heavy in the am and snack for the rest of the day. I also trained late at night and that helped me shed 70 lbs. Switching to "clean eating" totally messed me up and I've been yo-yo-ing like crazy.

klpfitness

klpfitness

Awards
Dieting is that hardest part!!! It's Def a trial and error to find out what works best with your body cause everyone reacts diffrent . I dunno if you have Facebook but I have a fitness page on there that I put tips on and recipies ! That are all delicious hahah ! I am a believing in diet food doesn't have to be bland and boring ! I mean we only live once we gotta enjoy it !!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dieting is that hardest part!!! It's Def a trial and error to find out what works best with your body cause everyone reacts diffrent . I dunno if you have Facebook but I have a fitness page on there that I put tips on and recipies ! That are all delicious hahah ! I am a believing in diet food doesn't have to be bland and boring ! I mean we only live once we gotta enjoy it !!
I don't have fb but can you post some things on here? That's was my biggest issue at the beginning. Thinking that healthy food had to taste like nothing. :(

P

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ever eat oatmeal to get the preworkout carb in you for the extra pump?!?! I have found that it sits so heavy in my stomach that my workout just isn't the same!!! Well in the midst of dieting for my show I found the secret!!! BABY FOOD , yep I said it baby food ! They make an oatmeal that is ten times lighter than the regular steel oats we use!! They come is regular , Wheat and multi grain! During my prep I would have a scoop of that mixed with my favorite sugar free jelly! It's a delicious lightweight carb that will still give you the pump your looking for!!!
I'm going to try this baby food oatmeal. This is the second time I've heard about this

Have you tried Cream of Rice? Very similar, and what I use as my pre workout carb source most often.

If looking for something even lighter, that's easily digestible (at least for me), and doesn't fill you up whatsoever, a couple rice crispie treats does the trick. I've recently added them pre, as my caloric intake is very high and it allows me to have a large intra drink (EAAs, carbs, and a few other ingredients) and post wo meal without feeling too full or weighed down.
Yes sir I also use rice crispy treats and it works real good for me