Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?

healthychaser

Awards
Ive read hard boiled eggs are unhealthy and have lots off cholesterol i ate 7 hardboiled eggs just now with red devil hot sauce , salt& pepper but im not sure if thats true do you guys ever eat hard boiled eggs? Ive also readt hey are good for vision protein and your brain the eggs im eating are the cheap white eggs that you buy from any grocery store i dont know what pasturized means i dont know if the eggs are pasturized ill go look.

Indman

Awards
It's just a different way to eat eggs. They're not bad for you provided you don't have high cholesterol or certain conditions. In fact they're very healthy.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I am only eating the free range or organic eggs, I am off on the sweat shop eggs for permanent

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I am only eating the free range or organic eggs, I am off on the sweat shop eggs for permanent
Yeah something about a ton of chickens over in china working in subpar conditions makes me wanna eat more beef...

FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken

Awards
I love chicken eggs and and chicken meat.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat. Don't buy into all the cholesterol nonsense. Dietary cholesterol doesn't raise blood cholesterol, and even if it did, it's particle size that matters, not total cholesterol.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat. Don't buy into all the cholesterol nonsense. Dietary cholesterol doesn't raise blood cholesterol, and even if it did, it's particle size that matters, not total cholesterol.
This. Plus, getting fats is important. Especially saturated fats since they have a role with our hormones.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
This. Plus, getting fats is important. Especially saturated fats since they have a role with our hormones.
Yep, exactly. I cringe every time someone tells me they discard the yolks and only eat the whites because they "don't want to get fat" or because "cholesterol and saturated fat is bad for you".

True story:

I had this hour long argument with a kid once about how eggs are not bad for you (he was saying they were due to the fact they have cholesterol in them). Despite all the evidence I was throwing at him, he wasn't having any of it.

We were on our way back from a flag football game and the driver asked if we wanted to stop and get food. They ended up stopping at some greasy little food joint and I didn't eat anything, but the kid that was so adamant about avoiding egg yolks because of the "cholesterol being bad for you" proceeded to order a double cheeseburger, a hot dog, and some cheese fries and ate it like it was no big deal.

After I pulled my head out of the wall that I put it through, I asked him about it and he said "oh I eat like this all the time".

You can imagine the look on my face...

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro eggs = cholesterol = death bro srs.

I'm kidding.

Eggs are great, omega3s and omega6s (ArA) plus healthy fats and protein! It's a super food imo.

a.beirnetulsk

a.beirnetulsk

Awards
I eat 3 boiled eggs a day but trow 2 of the yokes away should I just eat then suppose it would be away of upping my calorie intake?

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I eat 3 boiled eggs a day but trow 2 of the yokes away should I just eat then suppose it would be away of upping my calorie intake?
Yes, eat the yolks. No point in throwing them away.

Even people who say they only eat the whites because it "fits their macros" should just look at cutting fat or calories elsewhere instead of throwing out the yolks. Seriously, there's way too much good nutrition in those yellow things to be wasting them.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Love me some hard boiled eggs.

I'll eat them split in 1/2 on PB sandwiches, plain or in phat chicken salads.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Eggs have the best amino profile

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are a staple in any bodybuilders diet. The cholesterol is needed for testosterone production amongst other things .... ever notice that guys on low cholesterol diets end up with low T ? Duh :thinkerg:

I eat between 6-12 eggs daily. Hard boiled not so much but scrambled and over easy yum ;)

The only harmful thing I can see from eating eggs in abundance is the harm it can cause to those close to you ..... death gas. Really tests the strength of your relationship ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eggs are a staple in any bodybuilders diet. The cholesterol is needed for testosterone production amongst other things .... ever notice that guys on low cholesterol diets end up with low T ? Duh :thinkerg:

I eat between 6-12 eggs daily. Hard boiled not so much but scrambled and over easy yum ;)

The only harmful thing I can see from eating eggs in abundance is the harm it can cause to those close to you ..... death gas. Really tests the strength of your relationship ;)
Too much saturated fat brah! :p

I have anywhere from 3-6 whole eggs daily. I also have liquid whites in case my fat for the day won't allow for more whole eggs.

Rudex

Rudex

Awards
No problem to take several eggs each day. The problem is bad oils and cooking a lot the oils.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Eggs = Gainz and some gas ;)

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
As long as you cook them right it's ok. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs.

Cooking fats (including those in eggs) over high heat can oxidize the fats creating unhealthy trans-fats.

Soft boiled, over easy, sunny side up and even scrambled if not cooked too high heat, are all great.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone know if they make a WHOLE EGG liquid (like Egg Beaters but using WHOLE eggs)?

Many would that be killer

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
As long as you cook them right it's ok. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs.

Cooking fats (including those in eggs) over high heat can oxidize the fats creating unhealthy trans-fats.

Soft boiled, over easy, sunny side up and even scrambled if not cooked too high heat, are all great.
On the other side of the coin ive read that eggs bioavailability is terrible unless you cook it, so basically cook your eggs for them to be good, but don't over cook them

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
On the other side of the coin ive read that eggs bioavailability is terrible unless you cook it, so basically cook your eggs for them to be good, but don't over cook them
Isnt that in line with what he said?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My daughter has chickens, Fresh Eggs are the best !!

Breakfast 2.JPG

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eggs from my daughters, Easter Egg Chickens

Eggs1.jpg

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Eggs are just boneless chicken. I eat about 2 dozen eggs a week. I try to get them from a farm not far from here whenever I can. Farm fresh eggs taste way better than store bought most of the time.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Nice !!!

No more egg shells cracking and mess.

Powdered Whole Eggs - 2.25 Pound Can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006ZN4XE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_4L0rvb1S5JC3X
I can't imagine something like that is even close to the same quality as getting fresh eggs though. Whatever processing the eggs have to undergo to get into powdered form and sold for cheap most likely compromises a lot of the beneficial nutrients.

I'd rather stick to whole eggs.

Eggs from my daughters, Easter Egg Chickens

View attachment 118487
Now those look awesome. I really wish I had my own chickens. Luckily there's a farm right down the street I just found and they have some really good eggs.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't imagine something like that is even close to the same quality as getting fresh eggs though. Whatever processing the eggs have to undergo to get into powdered form and sold for cheap most likely compromises a lot of the beneficial nutrients.

I'd rather stick to whole eggs.

Now those look awesome. I really wish I had my own chickens. Luckily there's a farm right down the street I just found and they have some really good eggs.
It's funning when I make an omelet I'll use one brown, one white, a blue and a pink !!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
It's funning when I make an omelet I'll use one brown, one white, a blue and a pink !!
Nice. I've seen some slightly blue tinted eggs but never any like the ones you posted, and especially not pink haha. Is it a certain type of chicken that lays them or does it have to do with what they eat?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice. I've seen some slightly blue tinted eggs but never any like the ones you posted, and especially not pink haha. Is it a certain type of chicken that lays them or does it have to do with what they eat?
It is the chickens, They are called Easter Egg Chickens and they lay colored eggs, they colors are bright but have a Blue, Green or Pink Tint.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I love having eggs, i have maybe 2-3 a day no probs.

The only thing about hard boiled eggs is it can give me gas haha.. so I found the way to stop this is to eat it with oil, so thats why i add it to my tuna nicois salads for lunch.

And hard boil fresh eggs can be bitchy to peel. So i leave them in the fridge for a week before trying.

ToughMech

Awards
I eat 6 egg whites as either a pre or post workout protein. The only thing you have to watch out for is cholesterol if eating the yokes if you have an issue with that. Eggs, even just the whites are very high in sodium.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I eat 6 egg whites as either a pre or post workout protein. The only thing you have to watch out for is cholesterol if eating the yokes if you have an issue with that. Eggs, even just the whites are very high in sodium.
Eggs are actually very low in sodium.

ToughMech

Awards
Well its probably because of how many I eat. In 6 egg whites I have it down as 330MG. For someone who may eat lots of eggs as a replacement for protein powder its becomes a lot by the end of the day. I used to do it pre and post workout.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Well its probably because of how many I eat. In 6 egg whites I have it down as 330MG. For someone who may eat lots of eggs as a replacement for protein powder its becomes a lot by the end of the day. I used to do it pre and post workout.
6 full eggs is only around 350-375ish mg sodium. RDA is 2000-2500mg. Eat away.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This has been debunked many years ago. Zero cholesterol concerns from eating WHOLE eggs (w/yolks).

The sodium content is somewhat offset by its potassium content.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
You do not have to "watch out for the cholesterol" in eggs, or any food for that matter.

Like Whacked said, this has been debunked numerous times.

For starters:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021013

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf8028557

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167527304001391

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2519.abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19369056

http://journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Abstract/2006/01000/Dietary_cholesterol_provided_by_eggs_and_plasma.4.aspx

http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n10/abs/ijo2008130a.html

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love farm fresh eggs!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Amen! Built a chicken coop about 4 months ago and have been enjoying fresh, organic eggs ever since. Lovin it!
Lucky for me my daughter is a farmer, Fresh Eggs, Grass Fed Beef and she is a Great Cook !!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Lucky for me my daughter is a farmer, Fresh Eggs, Grass Fed Beef and she is a Great Cook !!
Nice! I grew up on a farm ..... really miss that Grass Fed Beef. My parents sold the farm when I was in college :(

Bonesaw93

Awards
I have a long commute to work and I basically eat hard boiled eggs everyday with breakfast. No problems at all. As has been stated dietary cholesterol doesn't affect serum cholesterol (in the vast majority of people) and blood cholesterol doesn't correlate to heart disease.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I eat about 8-10 whole eggs a day. I love my eggs, but I've been warned by dietitians that eating a lot of eggs everyday can potentially form an egg allergy.