Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?


    Ive read hard boiled eggs are unhealthy and have lots off cholesterol i ate 7 hardboiled eggs just now with red devil hot sauce , salt& pepper but im not sure if thats true do you guys ever eat hard boiled eggs? Ive also readt hey are good for vision protein and your brain the eggs im eating are the cheap white eggs that you buy from any grocery store i dont know what pasturized means i dont know if the eggs are pasturized ill go look.


  2. It's just a different way to eat eggs. They're not bad for you provided you don't have high cholesterol or certain conditions. In fact they're very healthy.
    •   
       


  3. I love me some over easy eggs and steak for breakfast here is just one of many articles out there reports are conflicting but here is a positive one for the consumption of natures most tasty period
    http://authoritynutrition.com/why-ar...-good-for-you/
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  4. I am only eating the free range or organic eggs, I am off on the sweat shop eggs for permanent

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    I am only eating the free range or organic eggs, I am off on the sweat shop eggs for permanent
    Yeah something about a ton of chickens over in china working in subpar conditions makes me wanna eat more beef...

  6. no--theyre not. at all

    there is absolutely nothing unhealthy about an egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    ...

    absolutely disgusting way to describe it
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  8. No they are not!

  9. I love chicken eggs and and chicken meat.

  10. Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat. Don't buy into all the cholesterol nonsense. Dietary cholesterol doesn't raise blood cholesterol, and even if it did, it's particle size that matters, not total cholesterol.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by JXiiXViii View Post
    Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat. Don't buy into all the cholesterol nonsense. Dietary cholesterol doesn't raise blood cholesterol, and even if it did, it's particle size that matters, not total cholesterol.
    This. Plus, getting fats is important. Especially saturated fats since they have a role with our hormones.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    This. Plus, getting fats is important. Especially saturated fats since they have a role with our hormones.
    Yep, exactly. I cringe every time someone tells me they discard the yolks and only eat the whites because they "don't want to get fat" or because "cholesterol and saturated fat is bad for you".

    True story:

    I had this hour long argument with a kid once about how eggs are not bad for you (he was saying they were due to the fact they have cholesterol in them). Despite all the evidence I was throwing at him, he wasn't having any of it.

    We were on our way back from a flag football game and the driver asked if we wanted to stop and get food. They ended up stopping at some greasy little food joint and I didn't eat anything, but the kid that was so adamant about avoiding egg yolks because of the "cholesterol being bad for you" proceeded to order a double cheeseburger, a hot dog, and some cheese fries and ate it like it was no big deal.

    After I pulled my head out of the wall that I put it through, I asked him about it and he said "oh I eat like this all the time".

    You can imagine the look on my face...

  13. Bro eggs = cholesterol = death bro srs.

    I'm kidding.

    Eggs are great, omega3s and omega6s (ArA) plus healthy fats and protein! It's a super food imo.

  14. I eat 3 boiled eggs a day but trow 2 of the yokes away should I just eat then suppose it would be away of upping my calorie intake?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by a.beirnetulsk View Post
    I eat 3 boiled eggs a day but trow 2 of the yokes away should I just eat then suppose it would be away of upping my calorie intake?
    Yes, eat the yolks. No point in throwing them away.

    Even people who say they only eat the whites because it "fits their macros" should just look at cutting fat or calories elsewhere instead of throwing out the yolks. Seriously, there's way too much good nutrition in those yellow things to be wasting them.

  16. Love me some hard boiled eggs.

    I'll eat them split in 1/2 on PB sandwiches, plain or in phat chicken salads.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    Love me some hard boiled eggs.

    I'll eat them split in 1/2 on PB sandwiches, plain or in phat chicken salads.
    Trying this tomorrow!
    Gain Strength. Add Lean Mass. Recover Faster. : ERGONINE

  18. Eggs have the best amino profile

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Athletix View Post
    Trying this tomorrow!
    It's pretty good lol
    Makes for a good amount of protein and good carbs on whole grain. Wash it down with a glass of Milk and your gtg.

  20. Eggs are a staple in any bodybuilders diet. The cholesterol is needed for testosterone production amongst other things .... ever notice that guys on low cholesterol diets end up with low T ? Duh

    I eat between 6-12 eggs daily. Hard boiled not so much but scrambled and over easy yum

    The only harmful thing I can see from eating eggs in abundance is the harm it can cause to those close to you ..... death gas. Really tests the strength of your relationship

  21. Quote Originally Posted by TKC432 View Post
    Eggs are a staple in any bodybuilders diet. The cholesterol is needed for testosterone production amongst other things .... ever notice that guys on low cholesterol diets end up with low T ? Duh

    I eat between 6-12 eggs daily. Hard boiled not so much but scrambled and over easy yum

    The only harmful thing I can see from eating eggs in abundance is the harm it can cause to those close to you ..... death gas. Really tests the strength of your relationship
    Too much saturated fat brah!

    I have anywhere from 3-6 whole eggs daily. I also have liquid whites in case my fat for the day won't allow for more whole eggs.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  22. No problem to take several eggs each day. The problem is bad oils and cooking a lot the oils.

  23. Eggs = Gainz and some gas
  24. Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?


    As long as you cook them right it's ok. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs.

    Cooking fats (including those in eggs) over high heat can oxidize the fats creating unhealthy trans-fats.

    Soft boiled, over easy, sunny side up and even scrambled if not cooked too high heat, are all great.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

  25. Anyone know if they make a WHOLE EGG liquid (like Egg Beaters but using WHOLE eggs)?

    Many would that be killer
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  26. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Yeah something about a ton of chickens over in china working in subpar conditions makes me wanna eat more beef...
    Lmao

  27. Quote Originally Posted by daniel11 View Post
    As long as you cook them right it's ok. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs.

    Cooking fats (including those in eggs) over high heat can oxidize the fats creating unhealthy trans-fats.

    Soft boiled, over easy, sunny side up and even scrambled if not cooked too high heat, are all great.
    On the other side of the coin ive read that eggs bioavailability is terrible unless you cook it, so basically cook your eggs for them to be good, but don't over cook them
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by NEBinAK View Post
    On the other side of the coin ive read that eggs bioavailability is terrible unless you cook it, so basically cook your eggs for them to be good, but don't over cook them
    Isnt that in line with what he said?
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

  29. My daughter has chickens, Fresh Eggs are the best !!

    Name:  Breakfast 2.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  87.3 KB
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

    Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Anyone know if they make a WHOLE EGG liquid (like Egg Beaters but using WHOLE eggs)?

    Many would that be killer
    Nice !!!

    No more egg shells cracking and mess.

    Powdered Whole Eggs - 2.25 Pound Can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006ZN4XE..._4L0rvb1S5JC3X
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hard boiled egges in a blender?
    By Harry Manback in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 09:13 PM
  2. Hard Boiled, scrambled, egg white mix?
    By ceaston in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 05:39 AM
  3. My glutes are hard where I injected
    By ginkgo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
  4. boiled eggs
    By basspro in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 11:50 PM
  5. Prepping hard boiled eggs without the shell sticking....
    By good_guye28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Log in
Log in