Cooking with whey

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the upcoming release of USPlabs Oxy Elite Protein and all the recipes being posted by The Solution I felt it might be a good I idea to have a place where we can compile all of our creative food inventions with whey. Myself, I pretty much just dump whey in my shaker and mix with almond milk or water and go. Sometimes when I am feeling fancy I will use a blender and some fruit but thats about it. I am currently on a PSMF/V-diet type diet and am going insane. Help me keep my sanity and post some whey inspired cooking ideas ;)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding 1 scoop whey to oatmeal or cereal is the best taste ever haha! Kashi golean plus protean by iforce vanilla cupcake. Not exactly cooking but so good

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12970_525502327473091_154867807_n.jpg

Protein cake
1 scoop USPlabs Oxyelite vanilla protein (or whey of your liking)
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 egg
3oz pancake mix (complete)
water to make thick batter consistency

Mix all dry ingredients and then mix in egg and vanilla extract along with a little bit of water to get a batter-like consistency. Bake at 350 for about 15 mins

For the whole cake
Calories: 522
Fat: 9.2g
Carbs: 70g
Protein: 35g

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
i've been on keto for a little while and I recently purchased coconut oil to incorporate it into my diet. Came up with a really tasty shake which is great for Keto. Its 1 scoop of my Zero carb Vanilla protein powder from Isopure, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and half a cup of coffee blended with ice. OMG it tastes like a Starbucks Frapp its sooo good and the balance of fat and protein is perfect for my diet. I've been drinking this post workouts.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein muffins

1 scoop oxyelite protein
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp splenda
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
2 egg whites

Mix all ingredients together and put into cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein muffins

1 scoop oxyelite protein
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp splenda
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
2 egg whites

Mix all ingredients together and put into cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins
I'm gonna try this today. I'm going to be following the exact recipe but add 2 tbsp of pb2 and a LITTLE almond milk to try and account for the pb2.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna try this today. I'm going to be following the exact recipe but add 2 tbsp of pb2 and a LITTLE almond milk to try and account for the pb2.
Sounds great. Let us know how they turn out

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright so the addition of the pb2 made it require a lot more liquid. I don't know the exact amount of almond milk I had to add but it was more than I expected. I first tried using a wisk to mix the ingredients together but they all stuck and got gooped up in the wisk so I recommend a spoon. They turned out a little rubbery on top but overall as someone that's used to eating protein recipes I thought they were pretty good. My father on the other hand, wasn't necessarily a fan as I think he was expecting an actual brownie or something. He does weight watchers so he doesn't understand nutrition whatsoever and just thinks low/no fat food is the best thing for you. Drives me insane but whatever, he can keep his sugary and refined brownies and ill just keep eating these.

As a side note, I thought that this was pretty filling, much more filling than those ingredients in shake form would have been. I might try to make this in the microwave next time instead of shakes just for the sake of time.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

ice cream (353x600).jpg

Calories: 600
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 22g (11g net carbs)
Protein: 68g

-The ingredient amounts can easily be split in half or adjusted proportionally to fit your desired calories/macros.

Ingredients:

2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
2 Quest Cravings PB Cups
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Additional things needed:

1 quart Ziploc bag
1 gallon Ziploc bag
~3 cups ice
1/2 cup salt (not used in ice cream)

Instructions:

-Mix the OxyELITE Protein™ and almond milk in a bowl (I use a whisk). Once it’s blended, add pieces of the PB cups.

ice cream mix (218x350).jpg

-Pour the mix into a small Ziploc bag.

ice cream mix.jpg

-Add the ice and salt into the gallon bag.

ice.jpg

-Place the small bag into the big one, seal it up, and start shaking. However long you shake the bag will determine the consistency of the ice cream. I did it for about 5 minutes and it came out pretty solid.

ice cream double bag.jpg

-Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, remove the small bag from the gallon bag, rinse it off (so you don't risk salty ice cream), and scoop into a bowl.

ice cream bag (finished).jpg

*procedure pics from a different batch

This tastes amazing and is a great alternative to regular ice cream. You can add Greek yogurt to the mix for extra creaminess; however, it wasn’t needed with this protein blend.

Enjoy!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks breezy!! I've been wanting to do this but too lazy to go back through your thread lol

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Ice CreamView attachment 81853Calories: 600Fat: 30gCarbs: 22g (11g net carbs)Protein: 68g-The size of the batch can easily be adjusted to fit your desired calories/macros.Ingredients:2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein™2 Quest Cravings PB Cups2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milkAdditional things needed:1 quart Ziploc bag1 gallon Ziploc bag~3 cups ice1/2 cup salt (not used in ice cream)Instructions:-Mix the OxyELITE Protein™ and almond milk in a bowl (I use a whisk). Once it’s blended, add pieces of the PB cups.View attachment 81860-Pour the mix into a small Ziploc bag.View attachment 81858-Add the ice and salt into the gallon bag. View attachment 81855-Place the small bag into the big one, seal it up, and start shaking. However long you shake the bag will determine the consistency of the ice cream. I did it for about 5 minutes and it came out pretty solid.View attachment 81856-Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, remove the small bag from the gallon bag, rinse it off (so you don't risk salty ice cream), and scoop into a bowl. View attachment 81857*procedure pics from a different batchThis tastes amazing and is a great alternative to regular ice cream. You may add Greek yogurt to the mix for extra creaminess; however, it wasn’t needed with this protein blend.Enjoy!
Making this tonight :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for this.

Hey, The Solution, do you have a recipe for some Scooby snacks? I jest, I jest, but seriously, you're stuff always rocks!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

View attachment 81853

Fat: 30g
Carbs: 22g (11g net carbs)
Protein: 68g

-The ingredient amounts can easily be split in half or adjusted proportionally to fit your desired calories/macros.

Ingredients:

2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
2 Quest Cravings PB Cups
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Additional things needed:

1 quart Ziploc bag
1 gallon Ziploc bag
~3 cups ice
1/2 cup salt (not used in ice cream)

Instructions:

-Mix the OxyELITE Protein™ and almond milk in a bowl (I use a whisk). Once it’s blended, add pieces of the PB cups.

View attachment 81860

-Pour the mix into a small Ziploc bag.

View attachment 81858

-Add the ice and salt into the gallon bag.

View attachment 81855

-Place the small bag into the big one, seal it up, and start shaking. However long you shake the bag will determine the consistency of the ice cream. I did it for about 5 minutes and it came out pretty solid.

View attachment 81856

-Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, remove the small bag from the gallon bag, rinse it off (so you don't risk salty ice cream), and scoop into a bowl.

View attachment 81857

*procedure pics from a different batch

This tastes amazing and is a great alternative to regular ice cream. You may add Greek yogurt to the mix for extra creaminess; however, it wasn’t needed with this protein blend.

Enjoy!
damn i remember doing this way back in hich school chemistry..awesome idea..having icecream for breakfast tomorrow.thanks man

turff49

turff49

Awards
I didn't think you were suppose to heat whey over about 180 degrees. So cooking it at 350 is ok?

Awards
  • Established
Made the ice-cream- but kind of a makeshift recipe. 2 egg whites, 1 cup water, 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese, 1 scoop ON casein, and one scoop OEProtein. It was Amazing. I should have probably shaken it for longer/ added more ice to the gallon bag. Nonetheless, it was delicious! 5/6 net carbs!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are the recipes for all these killer looking 'treats'!?

And how long does it take you to make the ice cream in the ice cream maker? Is it one of the ones you have to refresh for 24 hours first?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn i remember doing this way back in hich school chemistry..awesome idea..having icecream for breakfast tomorrow.thanks man
No problem man. It's great and only takes a few minutes to make. Haha let me know how it goes.

Awww the ice cream looks amazing!!!!
Thanks missesmonique! It's delicious.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey The Solution got any low carb low fat recipes?

Awards
  • Established
Any good No/ Very low carb recipes? Fat/ protein content are welcomed in high volume :D

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for more 'cooking with whey' ideas

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein Bars

1/4 cup Inulin

1/3 cup Splenda
1 and 1/2 cup of OEProtein
2 egg whites
1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Direction

Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl mix dry ingredients. Add in the contents from the wet bowl and mix. Spread mixture into a pan and bake for about 10 mins at 350

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
protein pancakes

Ingredients:

3 egg whites
3/4 scoop of OEProtein
2 teaspoon of splenda
2 teaspoon of low fat cottage cheese

Mix and make pancakes. Cook at a very low temp. Top with sugar free jelly

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sometimes we have to sacrafice some kcals for taste.
Sometimes we have to sacrifice taste in order for something to meet our macro needs/limits

;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, I made them and they werent too bad. Not really pancake tasting and kinda eggy byt it satisfied my hunger and desire to chew womething rather then drink my calories.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cinnamon Swirl Waffles

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguRZsMwl3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguRZsMwl3E

Recipe

100g Flour/Pancake Mix (Complete)?
50g Cinnamon Swirl Whey?
3g Splenda?
Baking Powder (5g)?
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix (Vanilla)?
1 Egg?
1 White (Stiffen this in a separate bowl by itself and fold into the mixture)?
25g Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Milk (I used almond)??

Directions

Pre-Heat Waffle Iron
Combine all Dry?Then add in the whole egg and milk, and MIX?in a separate bowl mix the egg white by itself to a stiff peak (around 2-3 minutes) and SLOWLY fold into the mixture.
This will help with moisture and overall texture and cook on a MEDIUM HEAT (low to medium is best) to prevent burning.
Allow 2-3 minutes to cook and Enjoy

Macros
**Estimates based off brands **
Kcals ~ 650
Protein ~ 55g
Carbs ~ 80g
Fat ~ 12g
I tweaked your recipe. I put in some pb2 and cookies and cream protien.
Ditched the egg and egg white added 1 cup fat free milk. The batter is damn tasty and these came out with good texture/consistancy. Rest the same. Tweak the recipe if you need to people!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What's the taste/texture like on that last one? That's a huge chunk of food for the calories. :p

johndenny

Awards
You can use whey in place of water or milk in recipes. This includes bread and other pastries and savory items. You can also use whey instead of water to boil pasta, rice, etc. Also add whey to smoothies.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great thread idea! Borrowing a few recipes for sure!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Mother of God. You are the mutha fukkin man. I need to get making some of these.

jim k

jim k

Awards
Cinnamon Swirl Protein Cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 Block of Cream Cheese / 8oz (Room Temperature)?
6oz Greek Yogurt
2 Whole Eggs (Room Temperature)?
1 Scoop's Cinnamon Swirl Whey (30g)
1/8 cup Splenda, Truvia, Stevia? (9-12g)
Dash of Cinnamon
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix (used vanilla)
Dash of Milk (I use Almond)?

Directions:

?Leave all ingredients out at room temperature;
First beat the cream cheese until thick and smooth.?
?Combine all Dry ingredients (Whey, Splenda, SF/FF Pudding, Cinnamon) into cream cheese and beat slowly into mixture.?
?Slowly add in wet (milk, Yogurt, and then add in eggs last one by one and continue to mix on a low setting for a few minutes until blended well.??
Place in a Spring form 6-7" pan (The best for cheesecakes) or use a generic pyrex dish for 30 minutes at 250 degrees, then 50 minutes at 300 until the middle can be picked with a toothpick and come out clean.?

Macros:
????

Protein - 80g?
Carbs - 45g?
Fat - 10g?
Made this cheesecake today. Came out pretty good. Awesome recipe!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
1 Block of Cream Cheese / 8oz (Room Temperature)

Could you swap the cream cheese with strained greek yogurt, or it just doesn't provide the right consistency?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a quick and easy breakfast.

oats2 (416x650).jpg

1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Calories: 507
Fat: 19g
Carbs: 53g (13g fiber)
Protein: 34

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Could you swap the cream cheese with strained greek yogurt, or it just doesn't provide the right consistency?
Would not bake at all, Cream Cheese binds everything 100x better hence why its the premise for any cheesecake recipe you look up online.