Cooking with whey

Page 16 of 136 First ... 1415161718 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    To prove its me here's my loaf from before <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachment****10 3647"/>
    Only believe it if i can taste it!
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Dammit lol

    "Thanked"

    To be honest I've never made sludge. I found a pretty decent ice cream recipe I'm going to make for my girl and son tonight. Looks pretty decent. I'll prob just have to go with Muscle Milk tonight. Can't beat the flavor of good ol muscle milk
    Muscle Milk might come in pepperoni flavor after the Hormel purchase lol
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Muscle Milk might come in pepperoni flavor after the Hormel purchase lol


    just threw up in my mouth lol
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Also, for sludge, you could use pudding mix to help thicken. I also find that making it ahead of time and letting it sit in the fridge (minus the mixins) allow it to thicken up nicely. I will usually whip up a bowl and cover it while I train.
    What i do as well mine is made the day before. Super Thick. Same with overnight oats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What have you guys found to be the best protein as far as easiest to work with, taste etc?
    Whey for baking/cooking
    Casein for cheescakes, bread/rice pudding and any thick binding agent and sludge

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Dammit lol

    "Thanked"

    To be honest I've never made sludge. I found a pretty decent ice cream recipe I'm going to make for my girl and son tonight. Looks pretty decent. I'll prob just have to go with Muscle Milk tonight. Can't beat the flavor of good ol muscle milk
    Ice cream = 1 scoop protein and 1 cup almond milk in ice cream maker.
    Simple.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    The guru has spoken!
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Just from what i have found over LOTS of time in the kitchen and experimenting

    - Casein for thick agents (Sludge) or Binding products (Cheesecakes, Bread/Rice Puddings)
    - Whey to help final product rise to its peak (Muffins, Cakes, Breads etc...)
    Oats will dry the final product (Cakes or whatever you bake with it) due to density always best to use flour or complete pancake mix
    Things like SF/FF Pudding mix aid in final product moisture/texture
    PB2 or PB lean (what i prefer) helps with overall flavor and also texture, i really love the my oatmeal PB lean for the diverse flavors.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Started trying to work cream of rice/wheat into baked goods, still getting a hold on ratios, as bad as or worse than oats for absorbing all the wet ingredients but I need the lower sodium option now and most pancake mixes have a fair amount
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Started trying to work cream of rice/wheat into baked goods, still getting a hold on ratios, as bad as or worse than oats for absorbing all the wet ingredients but I need the lower sodium option now and most pancake mixes have a fair amount
    Sodium = Good....
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  9. .5-1g of sodium pre workout crew!
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    I know its good been craving it like a madman

    Doctors orders
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Oh do you have a severe medical issue?
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Oh do you have a severe medical issue?
    Its an ongoing thing at the moment yeah. Hopefully diagnosed & treated soon

    Nephrologist has me sticking to absurdly low sodium, it helps with lessening symptoms

    Day it is fixed I'm having the saltiest cheat meal I can find
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    Ice cream = 1 scoop protein and 1 cup almond milk in ice cream maker.
    Simple.
    I can attest to this being kick a$$...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I can attest to this being kick a$$...
    I need to find a one - two serving ice cream maker... Suggestions?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    I need to find a one - two serving ice cream maker... Suggestions?
    I got mine from newegg.com of all places (Cuisinart) ..works perfectly.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  16. I really need to get an ice cream maker...
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    As said above cuisine-art is good to go, there is no need to shell out extra cash for an expensive one, works great
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  18. and it's a smaller size?
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    My version is older but can still be found at some retailers & amazon

    But this looks like the new equivalent
    http://www.cuisinart.com/m/products/.../ice-30bc.html

    Can make a single serving or a whole lot
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    That's what I have too ^^
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    That's what I have too ^^
    You're the one who gave me this same advise before I got mine
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  22. Sounds Gucci thanks guys

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    My version is older but can still be found at some retailers & amazon

    But this looks like the new equivalent
    http://www.cuisinart.com/m/products/.../ice-30bc.html

    Can make a single serving or a whole lot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    That's what I have too ^^

    Same one as me... as well.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    You're the one who gave me this same advise before I got mine
    From one chef to another.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  25. Any of you have the problem with their cuisinart where the ice cream comes out great but there's a layer that's frozen to the sides? My problem with this is:
    1) I'm loosing what feels like 15% of the ice cream
    2) I have to wait for it to melt before I can rinse, which means a full 24h in the freezer (if it's half frozen I've been able to get away with 15 ish)
    Antaeus Labs Rep

  26. Bob taught me to take a bit of milk/almond milk and swish it around the frozen bowl to coat the sides. Solved the problem for me.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  27. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Bob taught me to take a bit of milk/almond milk and swish it around the frozen bowl to coat the sides. Solved the problem for me.
    Genius idea, will be using.
    Antaeus Labs Rep
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Bob taught me to take a bit of milk/almond milk and swish it around the frozen bowl to coat the sides. Solved the problem for me.
    Took the words out of my mouth!!!
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  29. If you plan on using it a lot consider the cuisinart ICE-100 ice cream maker. I had the freezer bowl one but got tired of waiting to refreeze the bowl so my wife bought me this one. I use it daily and can make continuous batches with no wait time.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by jim k View Post
    If you plan on using it a lot consider the cuisinart ICE-100 ice cream maker. I had the freezer bowl one but got tired of waiting to refreeze the bowl so my wife bought me this one. I use it daily and can make continuous batches with no wait time.
    I looked into those, and would buy in a heartbeat if 1) I weren't broke 2) I had somewhere to put it in my new dorm next year.
    Antaeus Labs Rep
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ( ( Cooking with Evopro ? ) )
    By designgray in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
  2. I'm still alive. Cooking with Muira Puama
    By Mach .78 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 10:32 PM
  3. Cooking with whey
    By JustMe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 07:14 PM
  4. Cooking with the George Foreman Grill
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Log in
Log in