Cooking with whey

Page 15 of 135 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Do you have a donut maker or mould? I use a mould and pretty much any protein dough base you have used will work, for a more authentic "flaky" texture you will need to use oil and drop most if not all eggwhite. For a healthy version though any protein base into moulds filled 2/3 of the way, I would use a whey over a blend, or at least a blend with less casein. Dipped in chocolate or topped with sludge/walden's. I will throw a link to the recipe I submitted in my Select contest entry, or if you have some macros in mind I can work one out
    your the man! Macros aren't too important since I shoot for a total at the end of the day. I get close to my macros though with my meals
    Per meal:
    Cho- 49
    Pro-34
    Fat- 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Page 35 of the contest promo has my donuts Who wants free Select? Protein recipe challenge! Again if you have macro preferences O can tailor another for you
    Reps when I get to my laptop!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2


  2. I made a white chocolate pound cake but used Betty crockers pound cake mix and it pushed my carbs up so high!

    Whole loaf is
    Carb-74g
    Protein- 44g
    Fat- 15g

    Guess that's why bob uses Dixie pound cake mix lol shoulda been around 50/50/10
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   
       

  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Use yogurt + Cream cheese for sludge
    comes out EPIC thick.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    yeah imma try that for dessert tomorrow. 1 scoop snicker doodle, 1 scoop choco, peanuts mixed in and .5 serving non fat greek yogrt
    Screw peanuts use PB
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    haha ran out and going to hawaii friday so no food shopping. just killing of random stuff in the fridge. part of my post workout meal today was 2 slices of toast with spinach cheese and jalapenos lol
    Lolol that's an odd post workout bro
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Use yogurt + Cream cheese for sludge
    comes out EPIC thick.
    Since I don't eat dairy I add about 4-5g of sugar free fat free pudding mix to 2 scoops OxyElite Milk Chocolate Protein....water varies depending on humidity but it's like frosting!!! I add a bit of stevia to sweeten it up a bit & it's the BEST chocolate pudding I've ever had!!!!

    I find the OE protein seems to thicken a bit better than Select...but I made PES Select Cookies & Cream pudding the other day & it did taste great!!!!
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    This is what sludge looks like with yogurt + Cream cheese

    THICK

    used it on a strawberry shortcake.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    This is what sludge looks like with yogurt + Cream cheese THICK used it on a strawberry shortcake.
    No picture
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    No picture
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  10. I made my own cake tonight...I followed the recipe on PES's Facebook page but only used 30g of pancake mix since I'm watching my carbs for my contest prep. It's AMAZING that I can eat a desert like this while dieting for a show!!! THe cake is Milk Chocolate OxyElite & the frosting is PES Select Cookies & Cream. I sweetened with stevia (frosting and cake) and added a bit of cocoa powder too. It was sooooo moist!!!!

    Recipe is below:

    Cake:
    scoop OxyElite Milk Chocolate
    30g Complete Pancake mix
    1 tsp baking powder
    3 tsp cocoa powder
    3 tsp stevia
    splash of vanilla extract
    water (until you get to a pancake batter consistancy

    Frosting:
    PES Select Cookies & Cream
    2 tsp stevia
    splash of vanilla extract
    water (depends how thick you want it)

    Cook in microwave anywhere from 1:30 to 3 minutes (I did 1:30 then added 30 secs more)


    Name:  QBYUotm2NaSeGRPgOhHMxvcotubzepqmzvsCewi_LY4.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  168.0 KB

    Nutritional Information:

    Name:  microwave cake.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  51.5 KB

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    I made my own cake tonight...I followed the recipe on PES's Facebook page but only used 30g of pancake mix since I'm watching my carbs for my contest prep. It's AMAZING that I can eat a desert like this while dieting for a show!!! THe cake is Milk Chocolate OxyElite & the frosting is PES Select Cookies & Cream. I sweetened with stevia (frosting and cake) and added a bit of cocoa powder too. It was sooooo moist!!!! Recipe is below: Cake: scoop OxyElite Milk Chocolate 30g Complete Pancake mix 1 tsp baking powder 3 tsp cocoa powder 3 tsp stevia splash of vanilla extract water (until you get to a pancake batter consistancy Frosting: PES Select Cookies & Cream 2 tsp stevia splash of vanilla extract water (depends how thick you want it) Cook in microwave anywhere from 1:30 to 3 minutes (I did 1:30 then added 30 secs more) <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 3607"/> Nutritional Information: <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 3608"/>
    Looks good bro!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  12. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Hey Bobbo! I heard something about a YouTube channel... you have one?
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  13. Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    Thanks handsome
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Thank you
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    Booooooom Cellucor Smores Chocolate Banana Layered Loaf <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 3637"/> <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 3638"/>
    Mmmm
    Time for post-workout meal #2 now that I'm hungry again
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Told you ^^^^
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  17. Also, for sludge, you could use pudding mix to help thicken. I also find that making it ahead of time and letting it sit in the fridge (minus the mixins) allow it to thicken up nicely. I will usually whip up a bowl and cover it while I train.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Also, for sludge, you could use pudding mix to help thicken. I also find that making it ahead of time and letting it sit in the fridge (minus the mixins) allow it to thicken up nicely. I will usually whip up a bowl and cover it while I train.
    Now that's an idea!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  19. What have you guys found to be the best protein as far as easiest to work with, taste etc?
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What have you guys found to be the best protein as far as easiest to work with, taste etc?
    Honestly, Select overall.

    Some recipes work best with whey, others with casein, Select seems to work in the middle.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    this ^^^ i'd stick to cor-whey and select
    I find that most strait wheys work similarly for baking, if it isnt loaded with thickeners, so it comes down to budget, I will always go for COR though because they have great flavouring.

    On a budget though, a discounted strait whey will be good for any recipe you want to rise
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    preach, but those b.b.com deals lol for the new years sale i got 20 lbs for a stupid price
    Seriously wish shipping costs weren't atrocious on heavy orders to Canada. However great the deal I am stacking at least $60 on top.

    I stick to very few sources when getting protein
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  23. I don't know what happened to the "thank" feature. Either way thanks dudes
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Seriously wish shipping costs weren't atrocious on heavy orders to Canada. However great the deal I am stacking at least $60 on top.

    I stick to very few sources when getting protein
    Feel you on that one bro
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I don't know what happened to the "thank" feature. Either way thanks dudes
    Its not just me??
    Been wanting to thank people for welcoming me to Athletix all day but couldn't!
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Its not just me??
    Been wanting to thank people for welcoming me to Athletix all day but couldn't!
    Welcome bro!

    Now you have to write back and say thank you. If you don't you'll just be plain rude
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What have you guys found to be the best protein as far as easiest to work with, taste etc?
    I base flavor on my mixins. I'll share some of my mixins: Smores Pop Tart = Chocolate based protein, Titanium Whey Chocolate Graham Cracker. French toast goldfish - Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl, iForce Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookie, Oreos - cookies and cream protein. I usually buy several different flavors and when I make sludge, use a different flavor based on whatever I want to put in the sludge.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  28. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    I base flavor on my mixins. I'll share some of my mixins: Smores Pop Tart = Chocolate based protein, Titanium Whey Chocolate Graham Cracker. French toast goldfish - Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl, iForce Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookie, Oreos - cookies and cream protein. I usually buy several different flavors and when I make sludge, use a different flavor based on whatever I want to put in the sludge.
    Dammit lol

    "Thanked"

    To be honest I've never made sludge. I found a pretty decent ice cream recipe I'm going to make for my girl and son tonight. Looks pretty decent. I'll prob just have to go with Muscle Milk tonight. Can't beat the flavor of good ol muscle milk
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  29. this is saucemonkey, forgot my password and email so i remade my **** and had admin delete my old username...

    so hi guyssssssss lol. reps gone furever. resubbing in the threads i wanna be apart of so chyeah

  30. To prove its me here's my loaf from before

    Name:  ForumRunner_20140707_183514.png
Views: 89
Size:  496.9 KB
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ( ( Cooking with Evopro ? ) )
    By designgray in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
  2. I'm still alive. Cooking with Muira Puama
    By Mach .78 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 11:32 PM
  3. Cooking with whey
    By JustMe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 08:14 PM
  4. Cooking with the George Foreman Grill
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Log in
Log in