Just tried this one out last night:
4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
1 egg white
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Position rack on top shelf in oven.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top.
- Lightly spray or brush rack with vegetable oil.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Slice fillets in half lengthwise to form long pieces.
- In a pie plate or wide shallow dish, whisk egg white with buttermilk.
- In another dish, stir flour with bread crumbs, paprika, cayenne and salt.
- Working with 1 piece of fish at a time, lightly coat with flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour, then dip into buttermilk mixture.
- Turn to evenly coat.
- Shake off excess liquid.
- Coat fish in flour mixture again.
- Shake off excess coating, then place on rack.
- Repeat with remaining fish, 1 piece at a time.
- Discard any remaining buttermilk or flour mixtures.
- Lightly spray fish with oil or, using a brush, lightly dab about 1 tbsp oil as evenly as possible over coating.
- Do not skip this step -- it is essential for crispy fish.
- Bake on top rack of preheated oven until coating is crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Do not turn.
Personally I'm going to add more cayenne and some black pepper next time.
Fat 8 grams
Carbs 24 grams
Protein 40 grams
I had this with mixed greens and sauteed mushrooms/onions smothered in swiss cheese.