Turkey Bread - AnabolicMinds.com

Turkey Bread

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Turkey Bread

Short Cut: I make the bread from scratch (see below). If you are afraid to try it that way, go to the freezer section at the grocery store and buy a loaf of frozen bread dough (usually comes in a package of 2 -- may only need 1 but wouldn't hurt to thaw both just in case). Plan ahead. Frozen dough take a long time to thaw!! Read and Follow package directions for dethawing and letting it rise.

Here's what you'll need for the filling. You can make it a day in advance and keep in refrigerator until you are ready to use:

Ingredients:
    1 package of ground turkey cooked/crumbled,
    1 1/2 pound finely shredded mozarella cheese (pkg pre-shredded easiest);
    1 cup chopped green olives;
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    4 scallions finely chopped;
    3 tablespoons chopped parsley;
    2 fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped
    2 tablespoons of oil. (use what is convenient. I usually throw in chopped black olives. Sometimes I don't have parsely, Sometimes I don't have onions or scallions. -- whatever!)

In a separate bowl, break one egg and stir/beat with fork. Set aside.

Now, back to that bread dough. Once it rises, do the following:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Punch down dough and knead a couple of times. Cut into 4 pieces Take a piece and roll out into a 10 x 12 rectangle Brush beaten egg around the edge Spread 1/4 filling onto the rectangle -- to about 1/2 inch from the edge. Roll up jelly roll style. Seal seams with egg and pinch. Do the same with the rest of the dough. You'll end up with 4 rolls. Put the rolls on a cookie sheet, seam down. Bake 25 minutes or until light brown.

Long method: Yeast: Mix 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees) and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Sprinkle 1 envelope active dry yeast on top (check expiration date). Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it looks bubbly.

Flour: Mix 3 1/2 cups of flour (I use wheat flour) with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add 3/4 cup of warm water and yeast mixture. Mix all together. If too sticky add a little more flour (1/2 cup). Knead 7-10 minutes. Transfer to oiled bowl, spray top with pam, cover and let rise until double (in a warm place). Takes 2-3 hrs. When ready, punch dough down and knead a couple of times. Then divide into 4 pieces and follow direction above.

It's pretty much a calzone. You can use ground beef, turkey, vegetarian sausage..whatever. I'll edit the post with a pic later once it's done. Like I said-it'll make 4 good sized rolls filled with protein that you can snack on all weekend.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pics

Depending on how you decide to make it it'll get ya roughly 70g carbs and 30g protein per roll. Low fat. Not bad if you're bulking. I forgot to roll it pinwheel style..oh well
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Methyls vs. Bread and Butter (1t and 4ad)
    By csakiges in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:15 AM
  2. Post Turkey Day Spewage
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 10:34 AM
  3. rye bread over wheat bread?
    By hamper19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:44 PM
  4. Bread and butter questions