PALEO BREAD

  1. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    PALEO BREAD


    Virtually no carbs, no starch, no wheat, no grains, no yeast, no gluten

    1 + 1/3 cup flax seed meal
    2/3 cup almond meal
    3 level teaspoon baking powder
    1 level teaspoon sea salt
    2 tablespoons olive oil (macademia nut oil is what I used)
    4 whole eggs
    1/2 cup water

    Mix well the wet ingredients in a separate bowl

    Mix the dry ingredients also in a separate bowl.

    Combine the two, mix well
    Bake it at 350 - for about 30 minutes.

    150 grams of heart healthy,anti-inflammatory, fat-burning FAT for entire loaf
    1,500 k/cal for entire loaf
    Tons of fiber

    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  2. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    This absolutely scrumptious. It is VERY HEAVY and therefore cannot be toasted in a toaster anyway. it tastes like a healthy version fo bread and fills you up fast (satiates you). It's a loaf but it is NOT thin/airy like bread.

    Tip: If you prefer more crust, use a very shallow pan. I used a VERY shallow pizza pan for kicks and spread the batter very thinly and used it as pizza crust
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  3. Diamond Member
    LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,910
    Rep Power
    10641286
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    54.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Hmmmm. No carbs in bread, now that is sexy! Carbs are thy enemy!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Virtually no carbs, no starch, no wheat, no grains, no yeast, no gluten

    1 + 1/3 cup flax seed meal
    2/3 cup almond meal
    3 level teaspoon baking powder
    1 level teaspoon sea salt
    2 tablespoons olive oil (macademia nut oil is what I used)
    4 whole eggs
    1/2 cup water

    Mix well the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
    Mix the dry ingredients also in a separate bowl.

    Combine the two, mix well
    Bake it at 350 - for about 30 minutes.

    150 grams of heart healthy,anti-inflammatory, fat-burning FAT for entire loaf
    1,500 k/cal for entire loaf
    Tons of fiber
    You think you could use coconut oil with this? Definitely interested in giving this a shot
  5. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Hmmmm. No carbs in bread, now that is sexy! Carbs are thy enemy!
    Amen!

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    You think you could use coconut oil with this? Definitely interested in giving this a shot
    Of course
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  6. Advanced Member
    broda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    750
    Rep Power
    24701
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    75.46%

    Thank you! I'm definitely going to be doing this in about a week or so.
  7. New Member
    Mainevant's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    157158
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    54.12%

    I will also try this one
  8. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I revised it some if anyone cares
    This bread has ZERO WHEAT, ZERO GLUTEN, ZERO STARCH, and very very low carbs and ONLY healthy fats !!!!

    Ingredients

    • 1+ 1/3 cup flax meal
    • 2/3 cup almond meal
    • 3 tsp baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil (I prefer macadamia nut oil)
    • 1 cup egg beaters
    • 1/4 cup Sugar Free Coconut Milk (Almond Milk or water will do)


    DIRECTIONS

    1. In mixing bowl, combine & mix DRY ingredients very well.

    2. In another bowl, combine & mix WET ingredients very well.

    3. Then mix ALL the ingredients and then pour batter into Loaf-shaped pan.

    4. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until baked thru-out.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  9. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141052
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Where the F do you guys buy macadamia nut oil?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  10. Advanced Member
    broda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    750
    Rep Power
    24701
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    75.46%

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I revised it some if anyone cares
    This bread has ZERO WHEAT, ZERO GLUTEN, ZERO STARCH, and very very low carbs and ONLY healthy fats !!!!

    Ingredients

    • 1+ 1/3 cup flax meal
    • 2/3 cup almond meal
    • 3 tsp baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil (I prefer macadamia nut oil)
    • 1 cup egg beaters
    • 1/4 cup Sugar Free Coconut Milk (Almond Milk or water will do)


    DIRECTIONS

    1. In mixing bowl, combine & mix DRY ingredients very well.

    2. In another bowl, combine & mix WET ingredients very well.

    3. Then mix ALL the ingredients and then pour batter into Loaf-shaped pan.

    4. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until baked thru-out.
    Is the almond meal over more flax meal just for taste purposes?
  11. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Where the F do you guys buy macadamia nut oil?
    LOLOL. I get mine from Netrition dot-com but Im sure Whole Foods, Mustard Seed, Trader Joes (?) would carry it. I only use it because it tastes buttery and figured it would enhance the flavor a bit. Not clue if it even makes a difference as Ive never tried Olive Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    Is the almond meal over more flax meal just for taste purposes?
    Mainly. The fatty acid profile of almond flour trumps flax too.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  12. Advanced Member
    mattborn00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    505
    Rep Power
    37941
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

    Can u just use more almond flour instead of the flax seed meal
  13. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Of course

    Quote Originally Posted by mattborn00 View Post
    Can u just use more almond flour instead of the flax seed meal
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Paleo Crew: Starch Free/Grain free/Low Carb BREAD!
    By Whacked in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Paleo breads, muffins, etc.....
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 04:29 PM
  3. rye bread over wheat bread?
    By hamper19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:44 PM
  4. Bread and butter questions
    By dodgeee-O in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 12:06 AM
  5. this bread good?
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 05:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in