1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Very Low Carb+Low Fat+ High Protein ICE CREAM

Sorry bro's, you're going to need an Ice Cream Maker for this one (best $50 I ever spent! LOL)

Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White: Kitchen & Dining

Only 4 ingredients!

Put the following in Blender - Mix WELL
    1) 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Egg Beaters For Masssive Serving: Use 10 Ounces
    2) 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Unsweetened Coconut Milk For Massive Serving: Use 10 Ounces
    3) 1 Scoop of ANY type of Whey Protein Powder: For Massive Serving: Use 1.5 Scoops
    4) Sweeten with Splenda or Stevia (Make it VERY Sweet b/c after it's in Ice Cream Form it looses 30-40% of its sweetness)

Stick in Ice Cream Maker, 15 minutes later - Presto! Yields a whopping 1.5 pints of Yumminess.
    *** At 10 minutes it will start to become very creamy, keep machine on for 5 more minutes! It gets THICKER

Approximate MACRO's
    55-60 grams of protein
    Only 10 grams of carbs (depends on the Brand of unsweetened coconut milk - some are lower)
    Only 5 grams of fat (MCA's)

In picture below: That's a 2-quart Ice Cream Maker. So, the yield might be closer to 3/4 quart. It's a LOT of ice cream! Trust me! Nom Nom Nom Pics below reflect "Massive Serving as Described above"
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

ssbackwards - a coconut + protein powder recipe = this has you written all over it
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.22%

Hitting the grocery store tomorrow bro. Think I'm going to try this out. Def glad I bought the wife an ice cream maker for a present awhile back. Thanks for the recipe.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

Goodf luck. Please post back with results and any additives to make this yummier. For peole who dont mind the carbs, adding fruit would be aq cinche and more flavor-packed.

don't forget to make it EXTRA Sweet as it loses sweetness during the "freezing" part of this recipe. While Splenda tastes much better to me (liek real sugar) but I am trying to stick with stevia b/c it's natural and the ONLY Alkaline sweetner known!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Looks good man. I'll have to give it a go. I have some MGN ice cream sandwich at home should make for a good ice cream.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.19%

So I strongly dislike the taste of coconut...how do you feel about using a cup of unsweetened almond milk instead or, (gasp), regular milk? Unless I'm mistaken, a cup of regular milk is usually only 12-13g of carbs.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

I would guess that they would work just fine. I think SOME fat (2%???) would be needed for the concoction to "stick" but I could be wrong! Trial and error?

Since Ice Cream is typically a product made from dairy/cream, MILK might work/taste even more like the real thing.

Let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarth View Post
    So I strongly dislike the taste of coconut...how do you feel about using a cup of unsweetened almond milk instead or, (gasp), regular milk? Unless I'm mistaken, a cup of regular milk is usually only 12-13g of carbs.
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Does that ice cream maker use ice cream salt and ice? Or is it one of those that you have to freeze the bowl the day before?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

THIS

Freeze it, Throw all ingredients in, Turn it on - Done

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Or is it one of those that you have to freeze the bowl the day before?
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

Very interesting recipe and easy too...
    Thanks for the share
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.19%

Will be trying this today with 2% (as you've recommended for fat content). Shall report back.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

look forward to it!
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.33%

Sound like great recipe to me.I love ice cream. I will make this high protein ice cream. Thanks for sharing.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.22%

How much sweetener do you use? Ive been meaning to try these. I'll be using stevia
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

I use a TON as I lioke my stuff sweet. LOL Start with a 1/2 teaspoon. After blended....taste it....make sure it is EXTRA SWEET b/c it loses sweetness in the ice-cream-freezing process!
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Bro this is amazing used chocolate pb whey taste so good i felt guilty eating it. Only 345 calories in the standard size with the 8 oz measure 51 g prot. 7g fat and only 10g carbs. Good share
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by live to lift
    Bro this is amazing used chocolate pb whey taste so good i felt guilty eating it. Only 345 calories in the standard size with the 8 oz measure 51 g prot. 7g fat and only 10g carbs. Good share
    I just brought Choc p butter jiff cups
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

glad you enjoyed

Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.56%

Excellent stuff! I had not even considered the coconut milk. Definitely gna try that soon.

I've been building everything off of cheap vanilla protein powder. I'm not as concerned about the carbs or dairy right now - so I've been using those 0% fat 6oz Chobani greek yogurt cups for flavor:

6 oz yogurt
    4 oz water
    2 scoops of protein
    stevia to taste

Blend and drop in the ice cream machine until it is perfect soft serve. 400 calories 4 grams fat 21 grams of carbs and 68 grams protein.

I've never actually tested how it hardens up in the freezer - It never gets that far...
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

LOL

Same here man, SAME HERE

Quote Originally Posted by anathemax View Post
    I've never actually tested how it hardens up in the freezer - It never gets that far...
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.51%

i think you may have convinced me to buy an ice cream maker.....

are you saying there is a way for me to eat ice cream everyday?! you very well could be the answer to all of my life's problems!
    --for video game, product and general funz, visit me at : UnicornDroppings.com
    --Like and subscribe to my youtube channel and i'll forever be your BEST friend ;) : http://www.youtube.com/unicorndroppingschan
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.51%

has anyone tried arctic freeze? this does taste better than that right?

arctic freeze has made me very scared of any sort of healthy ice cream...
    --Like and subscribe to my youtube channel and i'll forever be your BEST friend ;) : http://www.youtube.com/unicorndroppingschan
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    i think you may have convinced me to buy an ice cream maker..... are you saying there is a way for me to eat ice cream everyday?! you very well could be the answer to all of my life's problems!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

I mean arctic zero?

That stuff is not only a huge rip off but the taste BLOWS - I used to get that stuff out of desperation for ice cream b/c in a low carb disciple.

Then after reading the ingredients, I decided to figure out how to make it myself.

This blows it out of the water IMO

has anyone tried arctic freeze? this does taste better than that right? arctic freeze has made me very scared of any sort of healthy ice cream...
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I mean arctic zero?

That stuff is not only a huge rip off but the taste BLOWS
    This blows it out of the water IMO
    k im trusting you on this. I am now eagerly waiting for my new ice cream maker. this is 100% YOUR fault btw...
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

Lolol!! :P
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

k im trusting you on this. I am now eagerly waiting for my new ice cream maker. this is 100% YOUR fault btw...
    The "latest" recipe and some notes .... (Entire recipe has hardly any carbs, tons of protein and only a few grams of healthy fats)

Ingredients:
    12 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 (4 ounces) Cup Egg Beaters
    1/3 Cup of Any Flavor Whey Protein
    Sugar Free Sweetener (lots of it - read below)

Mix very well in blender then put in the Ice Cream Maker----Will take ~10 minutes

NOTES:
    1) You have to use LOTS of sweetener b/c when it freezes in the ice crea maker, it loses it's sweetness---so, make the mixture EXTRA sweet.

2) IF you want, add any Sugar Free Flavorings to ADD more taste if u want:
    Cinnamon Spice; Pumpkin Spice; I have also combined pumpkin + cinnamon before; you can use those MIO sugar free flavoring bottles; I've also made apple spice cream and lemon ice cream-you name it, along with peanut butter powder (PB2)-delish!

You flavor options are endless! Obviously, you can use flavored protein powder too. Chocolate protein is simply decadent !!

3) My recipe is about as clean and low carb and low calories as you can make it - if you are not as concerned - add things like real cream or fattier varieties of almond or coconut milk as well as not so low carb varieties of the other ingredients.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    The "latest" recipe and some notes .... (Entire recipe has hardly any carbs, tons of protein and only a few grams of healthy fats)

Ingredients:
    12 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 (4 ounces) Cup Egg Beaters
    1/3 Cup of Any Flavor Whey Protein
    Sugar Free Sweetener (lots of it - read below)

Mix very well in blender then put in the Ice Cream Maker----Will take ~10 minutes

NOTES:
    1) You have to use LOTS of sweetener b/c when it freezes in the ice crea maker, it loses it's sweetness---so, make the mixture EXTRA sweet.

2) IF you want, add any Sugar Free Flavorings to ADD more taste if u want:
    Cinnamon Spice; Pumpkin Spice; I have also combined pumpkin + cinnamon before; you can use those MIO sugar free flavoring bottles; I've also made apple spice cream and lemon ice cream-you name it, along with peanut butter powder (PB2)-delish!

You flavor options are endless! Obviously, you can use flavored protein powder too. Chocolate protein is simply decadent !!

3) My recipe is about as clean and low carb and low calories as you can make it - if you are not as concerned - add things like real cream or fattier varieties of almond or coconut milk as well as not so low carb varieties of the other ingredients.
    come tomorrow (according to my shipment tracking) its on dude.... i am SO excited. thanks for the recipes!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

Welcome and good luck!
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.43%

I ordered one today too. Aw jeez
  31. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.41%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Arctic Zero also fails label claims and had a lawsuit against them:

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...class-law-suit

Its a bunch of artificial Sweetners and junk

Last time i made Chocolate Protein Ice Cream and 2 Quest Choc PB Cups

yummy

Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.19%

^Good to know, thanks for the info.

So about 2 years ago I suggested the whole almond milk and/or regular milk, and then never followed up...well, a Lanister always keeps his promise

2% milk did indeed work great. I like almond milk even more, but I see above that you've already amended the recipe to include almond milk. For 2%, I would keep the content still down to the original recipe, just 8oz or so. Unsweetened coconut milk and 2% milk have roughly the same fat content in 8oz (5g), so I've found the two are fairly consistent. Of course, if you're doing low carb, definitely stick with either almond or coconut milk.

Oh, and I've come to enjoy coconut milk when mixed with other things I kinda assumed it would taste like pure coconut, but I know better now.

Also, to all those interested in health (vitamins/minerals and such) along with macros, definitely stick to coconut milk. More than half of the saturated fat content of coconut milk is lauric acid. Gotta love those MTCs (Medium-Chain Triglycerides)!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTaylor View Post
    I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

Dang that looks good lolol

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Arctic Zero also fails label claims and had a lawsuit against them: http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...class-law-suit Its a bunch of artificial Sweetners and junk Last time i made Chocolate Protein Ice Cream and 2 Quest Choc PB Cups yummy
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.41%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

I just do 1.5 cups almond milk, 1.5 scoop whey
    mix and let it rock in the mixer and then add mix-ins last.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.43%

Are egg beaters actually nutritious at all? Better to use real eggs or egg whites?
  36. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.41%

Quote Originally Posted by machwon04 View Post
    Are egg beaters actually nutritious at all? Better to use real eggs or egg whites?
    for protein ice cream you wont need eggs or egg whites.
    You should always eat the "Whole Egg" If you have the fat macros available for them, they have tons of micronutrients.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.43%

So I can use eggs then?
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

That's all u put in the ice cream machine?

No eggs?

Had no clue this would "work" consistency-wise

I just do 1.5 cups almond milk, 1.5 scoop whey mix and let it rock in the mixer and then add mix-ins last.
  39. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.41%

That's it
    Your proof is in the pic I posted !
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%

U got mad skillzzz playa :P

That's it Your proof is in the pic I posted !

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low carb, High Protein Cheesecake
    By Pressure in forum Recipes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:09 PM
  2. High Protein, Low Fat Substitute for Cream Cheese
    By littlejeni in forum Recipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. Ice Cream high in protein
    By jjohn in forum Recipes