Cottage cheese

1. Cottage cheese

How do you eat it?
    Recipes or something it's just hard to go down I can eat it but took me 20 mins lol

2. for awhile i was mixing it with tuna and boiled eggs..chop some onion up as well. actually not too shabby

ive also heard of some people blending it up in their whey along with some other goodies

3. I eat it with fruit usually, goes good with pineapple
    •   

4. I hate cottage cheese alone! I mix a serving in a bowl with a half to full scoop of whey, a serving of natty PB, and cinnamon. Try different flavors of whey. Chocolate makes it taste like a peanut butter cup especially if you microwave the PB a little just to heat it up

5. I can't eat it by itself as it really makes me gag! Pineapple is good or I just throw some low cal/carb yoghurt in with it if I am watching my carbs.

6. Try mixing some tuna in with it. It's not the greatest tasting thing, but it helps somewhat.

7. Thank you!!
    I liked the why protein with a lil yogurt and a lil pb with cinnamon I was worried for a bit lol
    Def won't that alone
    Thanks fellas

8. I like my cottage cheese 2 ways. Add a bunch of strawberries for sweet or add a spoon-full of chili powder and pepper for savory. I had the savory style last night for a quick snack.

9. i eat it straight from the tub...i use sam's large curd....

10. i like to mix about half a packet of sugar free fat free white chocolate pudding mix in with a whole large tub let it sit for awhile. mix one serving with some cherries tastes better than any dessert out there

11. strawberry banana yogurt.....tastes like cheesecake if you do it right

12. i buy costco's big ole tub of 2%. Here is what i do.

1C Cottage cheese
    1/2C FFGY
    1Tbsp almond butter or natty pb
    1/4C walnuts (oh, i get 3lbs from costco for $15...unreal deal!!)
    1tbsp of sugar free jam (i think its pomar...also from costco)
    dash of cinnamon and vanilla

Absolutely soooo good. The walnuts set it off.

13. Slab it on top of a plate full of smoked salmon/lox
    Or
    Mix in with an egg scramble (add veggies or other meats) optionally add a bit of fav hot sauce
    Or
    Eat with celery sticks and natty PButter
    Antaeus Labs Rep

14. I eat mine with 2 tsp milled flaxseed and 2 tsp whole wheat bran. Half cup fills me for couple hours, I eat them with boiled egg whites at lunch.

15. I eat it as a late night snack, dip an apple in it but I don't mind eating it alone, the taste doesn't bother me

16. If you have a Kroger's by you, buy the Kroger brand fat free cottage cheese. Tastes really good. I can't stand any other cottage cheese.

EDIT: It also has a pretty good profile: 5g carbs with 15g protein.

17. First, OP, you're aware that cottage cheese comes in different curd sizes (small, medium, large)? Not everyone realizes and they just grab the first tub. Second, you can go sweet or savory with it. Sweet: Cinnamon and splenda could be a real treat. Throw in some natural pb and thats good too. Savory: Have you ever had a gyro? Because you could make a gyro tzatziki sauce with the cottage cheese that is so good you'll be licking your fingers. Also, spinach onion and feta in filo dough isnt bad, tho you need to be on a diet that permits that kind of carb and fat intake.

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    for awhile i was mixing it with tuna and boiled eggs..chop some onion up as well. actually not too shabby

ive also heard of some people blending it up in their whey along with some other goodies

Power to you on that. I don't think I could mix it with tuna or boiled eggs
    Back.... for real this time

18. Quote Originally Posted by gospher View Post
    How do you eat it?
    Recipes or something it's just hard to go down I can eat it but took me 20 mins lol

It depends on the brand. Try the full fat variety, Cabot.

19. I love cottage cheese plain. And if I do mix something in I don't mix anything in it except a little black pepper.

20. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It depends on the brand. Try the full fat variety, Cabot.
    Brand does make a huge difference. Some brands I can't stand. I get Kemps and I think its good.

21. Quote Originally Posted by BaDgErFaN View Post
    I love cottage cheese plain. And if I do mix something in I don't mix anything in it except a little black pepper.

Yeah I like it plain too. Wouldn't want to mix it with anything, that would ruin it.

22. I like it plain but sometime mix with a lil hunts ketchup.... Or pepper

23. I'll usually make a shake with some yogurt, fruit, skim milk, cottage cheese and some whey.

24. If you're hungry enough, just about anything tastes good I've actually come to love the taste of plain cottage cheese. I look forward to it moreso than I look forward to my daily Greek yogurt. As others have said, brand makes all the difference in the world. This stuff is the shiz:

Name:  DG_Trim_CC_Product.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  23.6 KB
    It's the creamiest/best consistency I've found. For the rest of your dairy protein needs, go for a cup of this w/a packet of Stevia or Splenda in it. So good:

Name:  ***e_Greek.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  18.3 KB

25. I put a little sugar free maple syrup in my cottage cheese. Makes for a nice treat right before I go to bed.

26. If you have a Kroger, you MUSt try this recipe.... a half cup of cottage cheese with a CarbMaster yogurt (only sold at Kroger) and a handful of your favorite unsalted nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pistachios)
    deeeeeee-licous

27. I'm gonna try this tomorrow. Just picked up the carbmaster yogurt and put it in my oats this morning. It was pretty good. Good alternative to the sugar heavy packaged oat meal if you want the fruit flavor.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

28. The three ways I mainly eat mine are plain, with black pepper or Sriracha suace, or mixed with spinach and Braggs liquid amino's.

29. New recipe! Literally 2 whopping table spoons of peanut butter for a 6-serving container of cottage cheese, or 2 smaller tablespoons for a 4-serving container, mixed with ~3-5 packets of truvia or splenda. Mix vigorously (doesn't have to be mixed for a long time, just vigorously until the pb starts to change the color of the cottage cheese). Magic!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    New recipe! Literally 2 whopping table spoons of peanut butter for a 6-serving container of cottage cheese, or 2 smaller tablespoons for a 4-serving container, mixed with ~3-5 packets of truvia or splenda. Mix vigorously (doesn't have to be mixed for a long time, just vigorously until the pb starts to change the color of the cottage cheese). Magic!
    Add a little cinnamon for more deliciousness
    Back.... for real this time

Similar Forum Threads

1. Another way to eat your Cottage Cheese
    By gymaddict20 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 04:48 PM
  2. cottage cheese
    By jtterrible in forum Recipes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
  3. ? About cottage cheese.