- 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
4 green plantains
2 celery stalks, minced
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
½ onion, minced
2 T dried sage or poultry seasoning
¼ c butter
salt & pepper
2 c frying fat (coconut oil)
In a large pot, bring some salted water to a boil.
Peel and place the plantains in the water and boil under tender, about 10 minutes.
In a saute pan, melt a few tablespoons of fat over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot and onion. Saute until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add the saute mixture, plantains, eggs, sage, and fat of choice to a food processor and blend until smooth. The batter will be sticky.
In a 1 or 1 ½ quart sauce pot melt the 2 cups of frying fat. If you have a candy/oil thermometer, youll need to make sure the temperature is at least 300ºF, or the stuffing hushpuppies will not hold together in the oil. If you dont have a thermometer, good luck.
Using a scooper or spoon, portion out about ½ a tablespoon worth of hushpuppy batter and drop it into the oil. You can probably fit about 4-6 hush puppies at a time, so youll be doing this in batches. Fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- 11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Where's the bread?
- 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Paleo = no bread
11-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Holy crap JudoJosh this looks good.
11-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Saying where's the bread = Joke.. lolOriginally Posted by JudoJosh
Similar Forum Threads
- By senjuriko in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
- By prld2gr8ns in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 88Last Post: 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
- By bulltest01 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 34Last Post: 08-05-2010, 03:12 PM
- By Ballin1243 in forum BulkingReplies: 35Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
- By okboy63 in forum PoliticsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-05-2007, 03:39 PM