Well I don't know about you guys, but I love ice cream, and since I live in the midwest it is almost impossible to stay away from in the summer because of the freakin heat and humidity. And after some time on a gluten free diet I ran across a couple recipes that make a pretty good substitute.
What you need
Peanut butter (I use natural pb)
I use soy milk but regular is fine too
1. First take the bananas and slice them pretty thin, about 1/2 pieces
2. Then place them on a plate, or tray in the freezer for 3-4 hours
3. Get out your blender and put the bananas in with app 1/2 cup milk
4. Blend the Bananas and Milk until you get a soft serve texture
5. Add however much PB you want
6. Add app 1/2tsp of cinnamon
7. Blend again until ingredients are blended through
8. I personally prefer to freeze mine longer at this point, but if you like soft serve try some. Also if you let it freeze a little longer I think the flavors are more pronounced
I dig this stuff and I think it is a great substitute to the real thing, and you can do it with over fruits too like strawberries and stuff.
We have made some pretty good stuff since the mercury has been rising with no relief in site.
This stuff is actually good for you too, you are getting the protein and vitamins from the banana and your fooling your senses.