- 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I was looking for options from 3pm on to make sure I am not soooo hungry for dinner. I am always soo hungry. I usually eat about 2 eggs and a protein shake for breakfast. I then will have a salad, lean cuisine or something and another protein shake? around supper time, i am starving and eat somewhat terribly from time to time. What can I do to make sure I am not soo hungry and still maintain a healthy and lean diet? Any sigguestions on what works for certain people on here? What foods. ??
- 10-13-2010, 07:32 AM
- 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I presume you are cutting? You need to use 'real' food rather than relying on protein shakes. Real food will keep you fuller for longer and also help you burn more fat.
To start with work out how many calories you need to eat using the below:
Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )
Take this result and multiply it by your activity level (known as the Harris-Benedict equation):
* Sedentary: (little or no exercise): BMR x 1.2
* Light activity: (moderate exercise or sports 1 to 3 days per week): BMR x 1.375
* Moderate activity: (moderate exercise or sports 3 to 5 days per week): BMR x 1.55
* Very active: (hard exercise or sports 6 to 7 days per week): BMR x 1.725
* Extremely active: (very hard exercise or sports and a physical job, activity or training 2 times per day): BMR x 1.9
Then reduce this amount by 500 calories and that will be your daily caloric intake.
You can also use a carb cycling diet such as the one outlined at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
Similar Forum Threads
- By IntensePump in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 02-06-2015, 11:14 PM
- By anbes in forum Weight LossReplies: 36Last Post: 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
- By jimmbow in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
- By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 11-26-2004, 03:48 AM