good shake for bulking breakfast on the go

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i am in college and have early morning classes on tuesdays and thursdays so its hard for me to make my egss and everything else let alone eat it all. ive tried all kinds of different recipes for shakes and could only keep it up for a weak because of the taste. this one seems to be the one for me. not the aboslute best nutrionally, but sometimes you have to do what you can to be consistant

3 scoops whey or caesin
2 packets banana nut bread oatmeal ground up
2 cups whole milk
** 5-10 gram glutamine (optional)

you get about

90 grams protien
70 grams carbs
19 grams fat

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
On mornings that I'm running behind and don't have time for my usualy breakfast, I start with this:

One serving (4 scoops) Heavyweight 900 by Champion Nutrition
two packages of Quaker instant oatmeal (I'm a fan of the maple and brown sugar)
16 oz milk

It's roughly 1200 calories, 55 grams of protein, and 185 grams of carbs. Not a bad start.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
that sounds good too. what flavor is your heavy weight 900?

i also take real gains from universal which i could use in place of my whey but i generally save that for a later shake and stick with the whey first thing in the morning to get that fast digesting protein that i need when i wake up. plus, its not that filling so when i get back from class i dont have a problem eating a full meal.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
I always go with chocolate. It's a little rich, but I've used pretty much every weight gain shake known to man, and this has always worked well for me. I do agree, at times it sits a little heavy and it's hard to eat a full meal, but I'd rather get this influx of calories right off the bat.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i feel likes an almost even trade off for me. on one hand i could have the calories from the get go but not be able to eat as much later or i could get alot of protien with ample cals and still be ready to eat withinn an hour or two. my shake is still close to 1000 cals if not sitting right on it so im not worried about that. whatever works man.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
I agree, it's pretty much a toss up. I just prefer to eat if I can...lol.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
haha, im the opposite man. thats funny. ive come to hate eating, all day everyday. id much rather slurp one down. good thing ill be done with this bulk soon. that should help

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
I just can't eat solids first thing in the morning so when i'm working i have the following shake:

50g protein (plain)
handful frozen berries
banana
100g oats
20g wheat germ (for fibre)
10g BCAA's
500ml (16 oz) milk

In and around the 1000kcal mark.

tastes fine and sometimes i'll throw in a bit of PB if i need a few extra fat calories. I suppose you could add coconut oil to this and it would do the job.

TexasRaised

TexasRaised

Awards
First thing in the morning before class I throw in:
-2 scoops of whey protein (ON vanilla)
-3 table sppons of peanut butter
-70g of oats
-1 banana
-16oz of milk

I forgot how much fat and carbs in there but it is a desirable amount. It's around 900-100 calories and is real good with 4 or 5 ice cubes blended.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
damn ... all of u need to throw a few eggs in your shakes.. 2 eggs will add some healthy nutrition to a liquid meal

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
ive thought of that man, i just havent had the balls to do it. i worry about salmenelia. how do you avoid that?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive thought of that man, i just havent had the balls to do it. i worry about salmenelia. how do you avoid that?
get egg beaters, just toss it in, its already pasturized an no problems

but 90g protein one meal? thats retarded. no need for all that protein in one meal

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
just again shows how much you know. get a life buddy.

if im getting between 400-500 grams a day a better get in 90 grams in one meal.

and by the way kid, its a shake, carried with you, meaning its not drank all at once. meaning you dont get all 90 grams in a sit down meal.

dur

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rick, u know u my boy, listen to my morning shake. just try it once and tell me if u like it. i dont know all the nutritional facts, but i know its high in carbs, cals and protein. mixed with milk

50g of whey protein (i use nitrocore 24, two scoops = about 48 g)
1 banana
3 eggs
1 cup of oatmeal oats
1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
plain vanilla yogurt
a few berries (blue berries, strawberries...etc)
flaxseed
and about 5 ice cubes.

i think thats about it when it comes to my shakes. i make the same at night, but minus the oatmeal oats. but, milk is my staple here hahahaha! we wont go there again ;p

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just again shows how much you know. get a life buddy.

if im getting between 400-500 grams a day a better get in 90 grams in one meal.

and by the way kid, its a shake, carried with you, meaning its not drank all at once. meaning you dont get all 90 grams in a sit down meal.

dur
400-500 g is really unecessary but if it works for you thats cool whatever.

but when i make my shakes ill drink em in 30 min im not sippin on it for a few hours. if thats the case with you, then i see your point.

u better be on a ton of **** for your protein intake to be soo high.

i can tell your old school, nothing wrong with it.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
rick, u know u my boy, listen to my morning shake. just try it once and tell me if u like it. i dont know all the nutritional facts, but i know its high in carbs, cals and protein. mixed with milk

50g of whey protein (i use nitrocore 24, two scoops = about 48 g)
1 banana
3 eggs
1 cup of oatmeal oats
1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
plain vanilla yogurt
a few berries (blue berries, strawberries...etc)
flaxseed
and about 5 ice cubes.

i think thats about it when it comes to my shakes. i make the same at night, but minus the oatmeal oats. but, milk is my staple here hahahaha! we wont go there again ;p

damn man, thats what i call a shake! hell im gonna give that a shot, i got to go buy some of the ingredients tho, ice cream and yougurt.

hows the taste???

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
400-500 g is really unecessary but if it works for you thats cool whatever.

but when i make my shakes ill drink em in 30 min im not sippin on it for a few hours. if thats the case with you, then i see your point.

u better be on a ton of **** for your protein intake to be soo high.

i can tell your old school, nothing wrong with it.
very old school, and the 400-500 works wonders for me, expecially when keeping my mass when cutting down.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gotta drink h20 while takin in all that protein. kidney problems right thurr haha. dude u dont even know, it tastes insanely good. especially when i add nestlies quick syrup into it for a little taste woww it taste legit bro. just try it and see how ya like it. drink that, then if u have time on non class days, wait 45 min to 1 hr then eat breakfast lol thats what i call a breakfast

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but u gotta add aaalllot of milk, almost to the top of the blender once its all mixed cause it doesnt mix well once u add everything so u gotta add MILK which gives u even more calories and nutrients and makes the blending process better. or water, u cant taste a different. DUDE, ima try it with chocolate milk!!! bam, new idea

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
will do my friend, will do. sounds delicious.

i know i drink mad water. kai greene said in an interview he takes in 500-1000 grams a day. now thats ALOT

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i make one b4 school every day i put
3 scoops ice cream
a banna , straberys and blueberrys
2 scoops of whey or casien
a thing of greek yogurt
1 cup oat meal
and 8-16oz of skim milk

it taste delicous

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i make one b4 school every day i put
3 scoops ice cream
a banna , straberys and blueberrys
2 scoops of whey or casien
a thing of greek yogurt
1 cup oat meal
and 8-16oz of skim milk

it taste delicous

thats like, almost exactly what i do and said already lol

swoleup

Awards
this one ain't bad:

50 g whey protein
3/4 cup grape nuts(cereal)
2 whole raw eggs
3 tbsp pnut butter
1 1/2 cups milk

enjoy

quick9000

quick9000

Awards
i buy a huge cylinder tub of quaker oatmeal oats. its delicious.
got ya...so uncooked, you grind em down first? or do they soften up in the milk? quaker the same as "steal cut"?