Oats

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Oats

this has worked great for me and wish i had known about it earlier. buy some whole oats and put them in a blender. grind them up into a fine powder and mix them with your protien shake for more good carbs. its cheaper than buying a oast and whey prodcut and its so easy to get them down this way. no more chewing. plus it mixes well.

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.92%

You must have a "fancy" blender.The blender route never worked for me.
    I bought a coffee grinder.Turns oats to dust!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

i have a crapy blender....i mean a really crapy one
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.59%

i use the same thing and it blends great in my blender which is probably as old as i am.u gotta blend it 4 a minute or so though.I will post my log soon but I am on a bulk right now and I am taking n 100g of carbs minimum and 50g of protein at each meal 6-8 time a day and it has been working great.I blend a full cup of dry oatmeal n2 each 1 of my shakes and that accounts 4 50g or so of my carbs,add a few bananas and u got an easy way to get 100g carbs down.It doesn't even suppress my appetite the way consuming food does and i am always a lil hungry even after these shakes.Has ne1 ever eaten a full cup of dry oatmeal cooked,it's not 2 easy to eat another 50g of carbs after that.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pressmaster View Post
    i use the same thing and it blends great in my blender which is probably as old as i am.u gotta blend it 4 a minute or so though.I will post my log soon but I am on a bulk right now and I am taking n 100g of carbs minimum and 50g of protein at each meal 6-8 time a day and it has been working great.I blend a full cup of dry oatmeal n2 each 1 of my shakes and that accounts 4 50g or so of my carbs,add a few bananas and u got an easy way to get 100g carbs down.It doesn't even suppress my appetite the way consuming food does and i am always a lil hungry even after these shakes.Has ne1 ever eaten a full cup of dry oatmeal cooked,it's not 2 easy to eat another 50g of carbs after that.
    Reps for sticking to a tough diet. I imagine you are eating 5000+ calories a day? Make sure you don't neglect your healthy fats.
    Back.... for real this time
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.82%

Ive tried in the magic bullet. Wouldnt suggest it to anyone.

Sounds like the coffee grinder works well though.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%

I've just started doing that in my Magic Bullet. Grinds it down to dust. I love it!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.59%

ppreciate the reps chemist,and the diet isn't as tough as it seems other than being too tired to get up and eat every 2hrs sometimes and sh**ing 5 times a day from all the food and fiber,o wait maybe it is kinda tough lol.Ya and I gave up on counting calories and started instead counting carbs and protein.I get enuff fat from the chicken cheesesteak sandwiches I eat that contain lowfat mozzarella but most importantly sauteed peppers,mushrooms,and onions which I sautee n olive oil.Plus of course my fish oil and what not.I created the diet after reading about how many bodybuilders consume large amounts of carbs and protein and low amounts of fat.It really makes it easy 2 transition from dieting to bulking 2 as i eat healthy all the time,not alot of beef and bad carbs or fats.I just simply reduce or increase calories instead of going all gluttunous like some ppl do in a bulk.The better I eat during my bulk the less time I have 2 spend cutting weight afterwards to rid myself of the fat gained.also guys check out my reply posted under the evil mass gaining shake post in the bulk section.I discuss my strategies 4 eating good healthy foods and y they r more effective for bulking than junk foods.i really hope ppl will realize that more calories doesn't mean more muscle unless it's the right calories.I think this save ppl alot of wasted time by improving gains and reducing time cutting to peel off excess fat.Not to mentio the health consequences of eating like crap 5+times a day for long periods of time.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree press - its all in the diet. I can actually manage to be ketogenic and eat 3500-4000 cal ED. This is enough for me to lean bulk. When I'm cutting I swap out fat for carbs, gram for gram, until I get my calories down to about 3000. I think going carb free and being in calories deficit takes its toll on my workouts.
    Back.... for real this time
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.59%

it definitely does take it's toll,I am still learning alot about myself and how to manipulate my body for gains and losses.I went on a diet 4 two months recently to get my weight down 4 a jui jitsu tournament which I got gold in and i kept my calories between 1500-2000 and my carbs around 150 and my protein around 200 grams but it wreaked havoc on my strength and mass.I was at 194lbs and getting 315 for 5 reps on flat bench but after my tournament I had 2 go back up from 225lbs on bench and I was weighing 175) :
    This time I am going to keep my fat low to nonexistent and my carbs r goin 2 b kept around 300 a day.I will make up 4 the extra calories by working my a** off cardiowise which will put my conditioning at peak levels for my next competition also.This time I am going to strip the bodyfat off like a madman and when I weigh n my bodyfat will be lower than it has ever been so I like forward 2 the abs being more shredded than I have ever seen them and I will definitely post pics lol.I made a conscious decision to part with some of my beloved muscle mass 2 make weight and this time I do not plan on giving up my strength or mass as I will have more time and a better perspective on the whole situation.I will also b taking bodyfat measurements and muscle measurements to track my efficiency at cutting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oats?
    By DanDP in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 10:40 PM
  2. Oats
    By bradhore in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM
  3. Getting The Most From Your Oats!!
    By distinct in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7