Protein Waffles (or pancakes if you choose)

acwingfoot

Awards
1 24 oz. container lowfat (1%) or FF cottage cheese - depending on your pref
3 Cups Dry Oats (Old Fashion)
32 oz. Egg Whites
4 Scoops Protein Powder
Cinnamon to taste
Vanilla to taste
Honey/ Agave Nectar/ Stevia or Splenda to taste (depending on the macro's you want/ your opinion on Splenda)

Blend until smooth .. food processor probably works best.. spray your waffle iron or skilet, cook and enjoy.

I use Chocolate Protein Powder and make a batch up. It makes a ton of waffles in one of those "replaceable plate" George Foremans. I put the batch in the fridge and when I'm ready to eat, throw it in the toaster for a few and spread some Natty PB on it...chocalate PB waffles.. YUM!

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if this will work in a Belgin waffle maker. My son got one for Christmas...must try!

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. Might have to try that out this weekend.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
sounds good i usually get the Aunt Jemima wheat pancake mix, throw in some oats (after i run them threw the blender into a power) cinnamon and a couple of scoops of whey. sounds similar

acwingfoot

Awards
yea probably pretty similar just this recipe is a little more "whole". As long as you aren't avoiding dairy there is no cheating about these

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Yum, Ill use organic maple syrup on these tomorrow!

acwingfoot

Awards
well if I make waffles .. i just use the green and red lights that are on my george foreman.. I have one of the grills that you change out the plates and it has a waffle iron... if I make pancakes with them .. its on the stove on med to med-high with a skillet or hot plate.. honestly, they cook in about 1 - 1:30 mins total .. really, really quick

acwingfoot

Awards
Yum, Ill use organic maple syrup on these tomorrow!
thats what i use or reduc some bluberries/strawberries/raspberries (a load of antiox's/vitamins/minerals) with agave nectar or stevia on the stove..