Protein Waffles (or pancakes if you choose)

1. Thumbs up Protein Waffles (or pancakes if you choose)

1 24 oz. container lowfat (1%) or FF cottage cheese - depending on your pref
    3 Cups Dry Oats (Old Fashion)
    32 oz. Egg Whites
    4 Scoops Protein Powder
    Cinnamon to taste
    Vanilla to taste
    Honey/ Agave Nectar/ Stevia or Splenda to taste (depending on the macro's you want/ your opinion on Splenda)

Blend until smooth .. food processor probably works best.. spray your waffle iron or skilet, cook and enjoy.

I use Chocolate Protein Powder and make a batch up. It makes a ton of waffles in one of those "replaceable plate" George Foremans. I put the batch in the fridge and when I'm ready to eat, throw it in the toaster for a few and spread some Natty PB on it...chocalate PB waffles.. YUM!

2. I wonder if this will work in a Belgin waffle maker. My son got one for Christmas...must try!
    •   

3. Sounds good. Might have to try that out this weekend.

4. sounds good i usually get the Aunt Jemima wheat pancake mix, throw in some oats (after i run them threw the blender into a power) cinnamon and a couple of scoops of whey. sounds similar

5. yea probably pretty similar just this recipe is a little more "whole". As long as you aren't avoiding dairy there is no cheating about these
    •   

6. Yum, Ill use organic maple syrup on these tomorrow!

7. how long do you cook it for? Oven right?
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

8. well if I make waffles .. i just use the green and red lights that are on my george foreman.. I have one of the grills that you change out the plates and it has a waffle iron... if I make pancakes with them .. its on the stove on med to med-high with a skillet or hot plate.. honestly, they cook in about 1 - 1:30 mins total .. really, really quick

9. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Yum, Ill use organic maple syrup on these tomorrow!
    thats what i use or reduc some bluberries/strawberries/raspberries (a load of antiox's/vitamins/minerals) with agave nectar or stevia on the stove..

10. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    how long do you cook it for? Oven right?
    oven? we're talking pancakes here son, not brisket
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein pancakes
    By GrowthMan1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 10:54 AM
  2. Ez protein pancakes
    By John Smeton in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 02:28 AM
  3. Pancakes vs. Waffles