Post your favorite protein snack / recipe.

svtfocusman

svtfocusman

Awards
Just looking into ways to get more protein into my daily intake. Post your favorite protein snack / recipe. I've been looking around but having issues with the search function to find good results. Will rep anyone who helps out!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
1.5 cups low fat cottage cheese with a dash of vanilla extract and sweetened with splenda. It kinda tastes like cheese cake imo

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Not much of a snack I guess, depends how much time you have to snack, but takes me like 5 mins
scramble up 2-3 eggs(or egg beaters/egg whites whatever you'd like)
I throw in 3-4 slices of turkey bacon which pack ~5g protien depending on brand
i also throw in some mircowaveable pre made chicken, 3 oz packs in a good 20g,
sometimes ill throw roast beef, or ham in there also depends how I'm feeling
top off with some cheese and i could it that all day. again not really a snack but sometimes people forget they can throw just about anything into an omlet. I know people who mix protien powder into their eggs, I never tried it but they say it doesn't taste much different.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
greek or plain yogurt mixed with whey and peanut butter is fast an easy and if u have a lil more time protein pancakes take about 10-15 minutes to prep and cook and u can pretty much add or subtract whatever u want to make it fit ur nutritional needs. i like making a big batch and taking them to school and just eating them all day.

2 cups oats
whey
1-3 eggs
1-2 servings egg beaters
cinnamon
splenda
banana
baking soda optional but i think it makes them more pancake like

all u do is get a blender or coffee grinder and grind half the oats and mix all the eggs and whey together with the unblended oats and the blended ones, chop up some banana slices , throw in cinnamon and splenda, then throw the batter in a pan. each pancake can easily be 30-40 G pro depending on what u use.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Quick and easy. If i feel like something salty i like a few scrambled eggs and crumble some feta cheese over it. Garlic is optional but i love it!!!

texan31337

Awards
1 tbsp - sugar free jello mix
.5 cup - cottage cheese
4 packets - splenda
2 tbsp - chunky pb

blend , cool , enjoy

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
a good "cheat" meal is the tyson anytizers chicken wings. buffalo sauce= awesome

Obviously, don't eat them all the time, but maybe once on the weekends

SamuraiSid

Awards
2 cups puffed wheat
9 scoops protein powder
1 can evaporated milk (2% fat, less calories than the reduced fat)

Heat the milk, then add all three ingredients in an oiled baking tray. 250f for 1 hour, cover for the last 10 minutes.

Let sit for 15 minutes. Makes 9 pieces.

28g protein
6g carbs
2g fat

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I just came up with one the other day ago for my cutting and it is rocking!

Protein Fudge

3 scoops dynamatize protein powder (elite, 22g protein per scoop)
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup oatmeal
3 tablespoons honey

This makes about 3 servings each around 300-350 calories and around 40g protein, 40g carbs, 15-20g fat

It is a much nicer way of getting your post workout shake instead of having to drink it.

-James