1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.61%

Bulk Chicken Breasts

Hello-

I want to cook up a bunch of chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge so I can heat them up and make a quick healthy meal. Could someone please fill me in on how to store them so they do not taste like rubber cardboard after I heat them up. I remember reading something about this in muscle and fitness a while back but I can't find it. Thanks.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I usually wrap them in Aluminum foil and then depending on how long they will be in there you could also put them in a tupperware.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Don't overcook to start with. I bake 3 lbs at a time at 350-375 degrees. Cook till the pink goes away and chicken is still juicy. Remove and let cool for few minutes and place in tupperware. Make sure you don't overdo uit reheating either. Usually is fine when I eat either cold or heated.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

just dont reheat it on or in plastic.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

I just season mine and throw them on the Foreman. 6 Minutes a side. Throw 'em in tupperware and into the fridge. Seems to work fine for me
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.5%

Chicken

I was reading through this post and had to add this...

Chicken is NOT a clean meat, regardless of much protein it has haha. Do NOT cook chicken until the "pink" is done and it is still juicy. Chicken has bacteria that does NOT die until 165 degree's, NO exception...thus the reason you cannot order chicken "medium, or medium rare etc" Fully cooked.

It takes only one time to get sick off of chicken and you will cry like a little b*tch! No matter how big and tough you think you may be

I suggest you buy a thermometer from the grocery store and use it. stick it in the chicken and the thickest part and it needs to read 165 within 15 seconds, no exceptions.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%

Usually grill it 4 minutes on 1 side 3 to 4 minutes on the other. Then make a tin foil tent over it for 10 minutes. This really seems to help keep the juices in.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.59%

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post

Chicken is NOT a clean meat, regardless of much protein it has haha. Do NOT cook chicken until the "pink" is done and it is still juicy. Chicken has bacteria that does NOT die until 165 degree's, NO exception...thus the reason you cannot order chicken "medium, or medium rare etc" Fully cooked.

It takes only one time to get sick off of chicken and you will cry like a little b*tch! No matter how big and tough you think you may be

I suggest you buy a thermometer from the grocery store and use it. stick it in the chicken and the thickest part and it needs to read 165 within 15 seconds, no exceptions.
    Or just be a ****in man and eat that **** raw!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.21%

Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Hello-

I want to cook up a bunch of chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge so I can heat them up and make a quick healthy meal. Could someone please fill me in on how to store them so they do not taste like rubber cardboard after I heat them up. I remember reading something about this in muscle and fitness a while back but I can't find it. Thanks.
    Dude I use tupperware, with a slice or three of lemon in there. I grill em til they're done, like usual. Re-heat on paper towel or paper plate. I've had em in my fridge for 8 days after being cooked and they were still good. Pushing it much longer than that though and we could be asking for trouble.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.96%

I kill chickens and eat them on the spot.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post

Great advice here
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  12. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.01%

I second getting a thermometer. I always thought I was cooking my chicken properly on the grill (I grill almost all meat). I decided to pick a thermometer up one day, and I'm sure happy I did. I had apparently been pulling my chicken breasts off at around 140-150 degrees (~20 mins medium flame). I now use a slightly hotter flame, and cook for about 23 minutes. 165-170 every time now!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i have never gotten sick from chicken, cant say i really want to either.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    I second getting a thermometer. I always thought I was cooking my chicken properly on the grill (I grill almost all meat). I decided to pick a thermometer up one day, and I'm sure happy I did. I had apparently been pulling my chicken breasts off at around 140-150 degrees (~20 mins medium flame). I now use a slightly hotter flame, and cook for about 23 minutes. 165-170 every time now!
    Even after several days sitting raw in the fridge bacteria only penetrate meat(even chicken breast) about 2 cm depth they don't penetrate deep into the tissue until the meat is actively spoiling. Only protease producing bacteria can penetrate and breakdown meat, salmonella and e-coli do not produce protease. The whole scare with under cooked chicken and pork is funny to me, how ever did our ancestors survive. I eat pork medium and I cook my chicken breast a bit under done(so they won't be to dry when reheated) store in the fridge in Ziploc bags and reheat and eat as needed. I've always done this, I must have eaten a thousand damn chicken breast this way and I have never had a problem. I'm not suggesting that caution and common sense should not be used when handling, preparing and storing meat just saying I think people get overly concerned. Then again I put 4 raw eggs in my morning shake every morning so I guess I can't wait to get sick haha.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.61%

Hey thanks everyone. I'll probably just (fully) cook about 3 lbs and throw them in foil + tupperware. I'm trying to get my diet as clean as possible before i start surgery residency next month.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I work outside driving in a van all day. I pack my cooler with chicken, beef whatever. I usually like eating warm or hot food. In winter time, I'll take either a bowl w/chick and broc or whole chick breast wrapped in plastic. Throw it on dash over defroster for 30 min prior to meal time, and voilla. Piping hot meal w/no microwave. I actually screwed metal tabs on each side of vent to hold my bowl on it and not slide around. In summer, i just lat it up for a bit longer, with no defroster and it's good to go. For best results using sunlight, use clear bowls or wrap meat in clear plastic. Foil reflects the light too much to get it warm enough. It messes people up when they work with me and see me take a piece of meat off the dash, open plastic and eat it with my hands. Been doing it for almost 10 years, never got anything remotely close to being sick.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.47%

Gotta make sure it is cooked all the way for sure
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.47%

I usually cook one big batch for the week and eat as I go?

Similar Forum Threads

1. frozen pre grilled chicken breasts?
    By burymestanding in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
  2. Chicken breasts
    By jjohn in forum Recipes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
  3. How do you make your breasts exciting? chicken that is...
    By JonesersRX7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
  4. Fat & Chicken Breasts
    By Magickk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 12:03 PM
  5. Chicken Breasts
    By Poetik Proze in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 11:34 AM