Protein Powder Ice Cream

  1. Board Supporter
    nevergoodenough's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    384

    Protein Powder Ice Cream


    This is something I have done for a while with a few different proteins and its worked well.

    Right now I am using:
    1 tablespoon sugar free jello pudding mix (vanilla, cheesecake is awesome too)
    1.5 scoops atw cup cake batter whey
    1/2 cup unsweetend vanilla almond breeze almond milk
    3 ice cubes
    Splash of water if its not blending enough

    Blend up and throw in the freezer for 2 hours and voila! High protein low carb ice cream. Tastes real good with BSN lean desert chocolate pudding protein and sugar free chocolate pudding/chocolate unsweetend almond breeze. Great pre-bed way to get sweet fix and nightime protein. Give it a shot let me know what you think.[]

  2. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Sounds good, I gotta try it out though!
  3. Registered User
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northville
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    345

    sounds really good actually i kno what i want for dessert now
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kmal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    73

    holy crap that sounds amazing, def gonna try that!
  5. Registered User
    channelx99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    76

    Quote Originally Posted by nevergoodenough View Post
    This is something I have done for a while with a few different proteins and its worked well.

    Right now I am using:
    1 tablespoon sugar free jello pudding mix (vanilla, cheesecake is awesome too)
    1.5 scoops atw cup cake batter whey
    1/2 cup unsweetend vanilla almond breeze almond milk
    3 ice cubes
    Splash of water if its not blending enough

    Blend up and throw in the freezer for 2 hours and voila! High protein low carb ice cream. Tastes real good with BSN lean desert chocolate pudding protein and sugar free chocolate pudding/chocolate unsweetend almond breeze. Great pre-bed way to get sweet fix and nightime protein. Give it a shot let me know what you think.[]

    That sounds really good I will have to experiement with this
  6. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nevergoodenough View Post
    This is something I have done for a while with a few different proteins and its worked well.

    Right now I am using:
    1 tablespoon sugar free jello pudding mix (vanilla, cheesecake is awesome too)
    1.5 scoops atw cup cake batter whey
    1/2 cup unsweetend vanilla almond breeze almond milk
    3 ice cubes
    Splash of water if its not blending enough

    Blend up and throw in the freezer for 2 hours and voila! High protein low carb ice cream. Tastes real good with BSN lean desert chocolate pudding protein and sugar free chocolate pudding/chocolate unsweetend almond breeze. Great pre-bed way to get sweet fix and nightime protein. Give it a shot let me know what you think.[]
    Looks awesome mate! Here's one my ex-girlfriend used to use when she was dieting and wanted a sweet fix. It needs a 'magic bullet' or equivalent hand blender though.

    Really easy way to get your vegetables in too!

    Chocolate Broccoli ice cream:

    2 scoops of chocolate protein power
    1 tsp almond/vanilla essence (not essential but adds to the flavour)
    1-2 cups of frozen broccoli

    Add half the broccoli and 1 scoop of the powder to the bullet. Get it mixed to a smooth texture and add the rest of the powder and essence.

    You may need to experiment with a little less/more broccoli for texture.

    Believe me it sounds awful but tastes awesome!
  7. Registered User
    Harry Manback's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,203
    Rep Power
    735

    I very well may try this. You have succeeded.
  8. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    I very well may try this. You have succeeded.
    Try both mate, let us know which is best!
  9. Registered User
    Harry Manback's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,203
    Rep Power
    735

    Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Try both mate, let us know which is best!
    Oddly enough, I am intrigued to try your broccoli concoction.

    How did this come about? Never in my life would I think of mixing the two.
  10. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    Oddly enough, I am intrigued to try your broccoli concoction.

    How did this come about? Never in my life would I think of mixing the two.
    I believe it was a recipe from another figure athlete (Jen Heath). She just offered me it one time and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!
  11. Banned
    AmericnMuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Summer's upon us. I'll definitely be making plenty of this to satisfy my sweet tooth and to keep me cool.
  12. Registered User
    littlejeni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    31
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    153

    Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Looks awesome mate! Here's one my ex-girlfriend used to use when she was dieting and wanted a sweet fix. It needs a 'magic bullet' or equivalent hand blender though.

    Really easy way to get your vegetables in too!

    Chocolate Broccoli ice cream:

    2 scoops of chocolate protein power
    1 tsp almond/vanilla essence (not essential but adds to the flavour)
    1-2 cups of frozen broccoli

    Add half the broccoli and 1 scoop of the powder to the bullet. Get it mixed to a smooth texture and add the rest of the powder and essence.

    You may need to experiment with a little less/more broccoli for texture.

    Believe me it sounds awful but tastes awesome!
    This kinda sounds like I'm being punked, but so be it...I'll try anything once.
  13. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    This kinda sounds like I'm being punked, but so be it...I'll try anything once.
    Lol, I swear that's all she used for the ingredients, I punk you not
  14. Registered User
    littlrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    227

    for low carb peeps, could you sub in hvy cream for the almond breeze? i got a 10lb of xf choc mint to use up and i think it would make a great ice cream flavor
  15. Board Supporter
    nevergoodenough's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    384

    Quote Originally Posted by littlrook View Post
    for low carb peeps, could you sub in hvy cream for the almond breeze? i got a 10lb of xf choc mint to use up and i think it would make a great ice cream flavor
    You could, it would add quite a bit of extra fat. In 8 oz the almond breeze has like 3g fat 2g of carbs (1g fiber, no sugar). Chocolate mint would make an awesome flavor, thats one of my favorite ice cream flavors.
  16. Registered User
    burymestanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    212

    wow... I really need something like this now. My diet is killing me
  17. Registered User
    littlrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    227

    it worked out really well, just dont freeze it to long. i actually like it to be more of a pudding texture
  18. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    almond breeze in the milk in the dairy section of the grocery store? (i would assume so, just making sure)
  19. Board Supporter
    nevergoodenough's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    384

    Its usually not in the refridgerator section. I get it from Trader Joes and its right by all the cereal.
  20. Registered User
    Bryce720's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    128

    Amazing idea can't wait to try it.
  21. Registered User
    Bryce720's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    128

    Thanks
  22. Registered User
    LactoseLou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Looks awesome mate! Here's one my ex-girlfriend used to use when she was dieting and wanted a sweet fix. It needs a 'magic bullet' or equivalent hand blender though.

    Really easy way to get your vegetables in too!

    Chocolate Broccoli ice cream:

    2 scoops of chocolate protein power
    1 tsp almond/vanilla essence (not essential but adds to the flavour)
    1-2 cups of frozen broccoli

    Add half the broccoli and 1 scoop of the powder to the bullet. Get it mixed to a smooth texture and add the rest of the powder and essence.

    You may need to experiment with a little less/more broccoli for texture.

    Believe me it sounds awful but tastes awesome!
    that is a unique ice cream to say the least lol

    I might try to make that but ill let my mom or brother taste it first haah
  23. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by LactoseLou View Post
    that is a unique ice cream to say the least lol

    I might try to make that but ill let my mom or brother taste it first haah
    Itīs pretty good mate Get a STRONG flavoured protein powder though.
  24. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by nevergoodenough View Post
    This is something I have done for a while with a few different proteins and its worked well.

    Right now I am using:
    1 tablespoon sugar free jello pudding mix (vanilla, cheesecake is awesome too)
    1.5 scoops atw cup cake batter whey
    1/2 cup unsweetend vanilla almond breeze almond milk
    3 ice cubes
    Splash of water if its not blending enough

    Blend up and throw in the freezer for 2 hours and voila! High protein low carb ice cream. Tastes real good with BSN lean desert chocolate pudding protein and sugar free chocolate pudding/chocolate unsweetend almond breeze. Great pre-bed way to get sweet fix and nightime protein. Give it a shot let me know what you think.[]
    Started doing this back in 2003, but lost my ice cream maker some time ago. It's weird, because there's an Ice Cream special on History channel right now which got me back to thinking about it.

    I think I will start playing again, and see if it's viable to release as an actual frozen product locally.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Musclepharm Banana cream combat powder
    By dook51 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
  2. Who wants to test Banana Cream Combat Powder?
    By pmiller383 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 07:12 PM
  3. Best flavored Banana/ Banana cream Protein powder?
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in