I wanna start making my meals for the week on Sundays..

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

I wanna start making my meals for the week on Sundays..

After calculating the amount of time/money I spend during the week on my daily eating habits while at school and working, I have decided that it would be better for me to just make up my meals for the whole week on my free day, being Sunday afternoon.. Has anyone ever done this? Also, what are some good recipes that will work with that sort of schedule (that won't spoil)? I was thinking about perhaps bulk ground beef, pastas, etc that I could cook up, mix up, and throw into tupperware. Please keep in mind that I am bulking.. anyone? thanks!

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Lots of us do this! Search the bulking section for recipees. You want things like Chilis, Stews, Meatloafs, Pasta Dishes work too. Search terms, hmm... bulk cooking, tupperware, should help.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.08%

I do the same on Sundays...beef stew...about 5-7 pounds of beef, trim the fat, brown it in olive oil for a few minutes (not too much)...into the pot...two sweet onions, chopped up, into a pan with olive oil for a few minutes then into the pot with the beef...then two whole cloves of garlic, chopped and into a pan of some olive oil for a few minutes then into the pot of beef and onions...let that cook for an hour or two, then one bundle of celery, chopped and into the pot of beef, onions, and garlic, one pound of chopped baby carrots into the pot immediately after the celery (doesn't matter which is first)...let that cook for an hour...lastly, two russet potatoes, peeled and chopped, into the pot with everything else...cook for an hour...at all steps, seasoning with black pepper and garlic powder...whole thing takes anywhere from 3-5 hours of cooking time. At the same time I cook about 15-18 boneless chicken breasts in olive oil with black pepper and garlic powder, baked at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Every day I throw in a can of no salt green string beans for carbs when eating the chicken, and almonds or natty, no salt peanut butter for fats. Always have 5 eggs (1 yolk), two slices of whole wheat bread, almonds, and a glass of milk for breakfast. Intra_aid during workout with half a serving of green magnitude, immediately after workout, waxy maize starch and other half of green mag serving, 30 minutes later Dymatize protein. Hope this helps.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

When i used to do this i would do twice a week. Sunday night, and wed/thur.
  5. dpfisher

Beef chili and chicken stirfry freeze very well. I'll often make 2 weeks worth of food when I have extra time. Those cheap gladware things are good... just get a bunch the same size so they are easy to stack. The more flat rectangular ones are better than the more square tall ones because you can stack a ton of them.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pot roast, chili, stew, and all things like that can be frozen and eaten whenever needed. I usually cook bout every 3 days or so.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

I make 7 lbs of lean ground turkey at a time. I then also cook 14 sweet potatoes. That lasts me for one full week. i cook my broc every morning. And everything else is made at the time to eat, eggs, oats, tilapia.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

i've done this before, use nutritiondata.com's recipe thing to put it together so you can see what the total cals is, figure a number of servings then weigh the total out post-cooking so you can break each day down. if you use chicken breasts, keep some nuts you like handy to make it easier to hit fat goals.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

Well, Sunday is the day.. I'm just trying to get last minute info together. It's a little harder than I thought to find weekly cooking recipes for bulking. I hate the new search function on the forums
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Tips on veggies... only steam the veggies half way done then store them in the tupperware. When you microwave them later they will finish cooking and won't be all overcooked/mushy.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Pasta is very easy to cook in bulk and pretty calorie dense. You could also make a massive stir-fry with rice, vegetables and chicken - add extra olive oil to up the calories.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    Well, Sunday is the day.. I'm just trying to get last minute info together. It's a little harder than I thought to find weekly cooking recipes for bulking. I hate the new search function on the forums
    Bulk cooking becomes sooo much easier once you get into the routine! Also I don't think I've posted it up anywhere here, but I often bulk cook PWO meals. The recipe is like a chicken stew. I sautee some boneless skinless chicken breast, usually cube it up and set aside.

Then Sautee Onions, Garlic, Cardamom Pods (Crushed) Cinnamon and Splenda. Then add in a ton of healthy legumes/veggies; I usually do peas, lentils, carrots, sweet potatoes and beans. Then add the chicken back in. Make sure you are VERY generous with the cardamom and cinnamon, and this will be a very nice PWO treat. Here's what it looks like :

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Bulk cooking becomes sooo much easier once you get into the routine! Also I don't think I've posted it up anywhere here, but I often bulk cook PWO meals. The recipe is like a chicken stew. I sautee some boneless skinless chicken breast, usually cube it up and set aside.

Then Sautee Onions, Garlic, Cardamom Pods (Crushed) Cinnamon and Splenda. Then add in a ton of healthy legumes/veggies; I usually do peas, lentils, carrots, sweet potatoes and beans. Then add the chicken back in. Make sure you are VERY generous with the cardamom and cinnamon, and this will be a very nice PWO treat. Here's what it looks like :

Wow, that looks goooood. I might just have to try out that recipe Thanks a ton.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

i've toyed with the idea of doing serious production line grade chicken breasts (like baking 30lbs worth with just salt + pepper) and then cubing and freezing portions to on either a daily or weekly basis mix with other things. so whether its throw it on a salad, or a quick pan reheat with some seasonings added and then over brown rice or whatever. would just be handy to not have to screw with the chicken breasts but 1 day a month
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i've toyed with the idea of doing serious production line grade chicken breasts (like baking 30lbs worth with just salt + pepper) and then cubing and freezing portions to on either a daily or weekly basis mix with other things. so whether its throw it on a salad, or a quick pan reheat with some seasonings added and then over brown rice or whatever. would just be handy to not have to screw with the chicken breasts but 1 day a month
    Dude, too bad you live in FL. Move to San Diego, and then I can pay you to hook it up with some of that chicken, haha.
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Eh san diego isn't that hot, been there a bunch of times a few nice restaurants tho.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
  2. Easy making meals with high calories, Post here
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM
  3. currently on jacked and wanna start up eca
    By ryaroberts in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 01:57 PM
  4. About to start PCT, wanna double check
    By GreenTempo in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 04:39 AM
  5. Wanna Start Oratropin, Need Answers First!
    By TheMyth in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:00 AM