Peanut butter cup! low carb!

  1. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Peanut butter cup! low carb!


    -1 stick of butter
    -3 scoops of ATW, WPI Chocolate
    -3-5 heaping TBS of natural peanut butter(peanuts, salt)

    Melt butter in a sauce pan, pour butter into glass/pyrex mixing bowl.

    Wait for cool down (10-15 mins) Add WPI, mix with a fork until smooth, add PB.

    Pour in wrappers and set in freezer!!

    So f*cking good !!!!!

    Props to Pmiller cause he suggested the ingredients and I made it.

  2. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    can you use macadamia nut oil instead of butter? seems like a better option?
  3. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    can you use macadamia nut oil instead of butter? seems like a better option?
    I dunno if it's gonna be too "watery" it shouldn't though because that fat would be "frozen"

    Butter is better! saturated fats are not harmful.
    •   
       

  4. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I dunno if it's gonna be too "watery" it shouldn't though because that fat would be "frozen"

    Butter is better! saturated fats are not harmful.
    saturated fats are most definely harmfull, but if your gunna go the saturated fat route, coconut oil has better benifits then butter.
  5. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    737
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I'll give this a shot with a flax/olive oil base margarin like smart balance and use some of my Scivation whey and see how they turn out. I suppose I could use a muffin pan for them, make huge ones.
  6. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    I'll give this a shot with a flax/olive oil base margarin like smart balance and use some of my Scivation whey and see how they turn out. I suppose I could use a muffin pan for them, make huge ones.
    do you think it would be wise to use half the butter and whey on the bottom and freeze it then use the other half of butter and whey on the top then refereeze it to make it like a bar?
  7. New Member
    beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    323
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    58.66%

    smart balance butter...
  8. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    737
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    do you think it would be wise to use half the butter and whey on the bottom and freeze it then use the other half of butter and whey on the top then refereeze it to make it like a bar?
    that's what I plan to do, that's how they make reese's cups, they form the bottom chocolate and cool it, add the peanut butter, and then pour chocolate over the top.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I substitute oils for butter in a wide range of recipes constantly with no ill effects.
  10. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    737
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Don't think these will work out. I slowly folded in 1.5 scoops of my whey into 15 tbs. (1 small twin pack tub) of smart balance light. It was as much whey as I thought the mixture could take without clumping, and after 4hrs in the fridge I have a very thick, rich chocolate butter frosting. I also made the mistake of forgetting to NOT use salted butter when cooking. So, I had to add 4 Tbs. refined sugar (couldn't find my raw honey) into the mix to even it out somewhat, hoping that the bland peanut butter I chose (naturally more) would even out the butter salt even further. Since the texture didn't work out it doesn't matter though. Since this was meant to be a 'health food' as opposed to traditional chocolate, I don't know how tempering it like real chocolate to make it more solid would affect the amino acids. I'd have to make a lot more of it to have enough for tempering anyway. I'm wondering if the OP actually made this recipe or just thought it sounded good enough, lol
  11. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    Don't think these will work out. I slowly folded in 1.5 scoops of my whey into 15 tbs. (1 small twin pack tub) of smart balance light. It was as much whey as I thought the mixture could take without clumping, and after 4hrs in the fridge I have a very thick, rich chocolate butter frosting. I also made the mistake of forgetting to NOT use salted butter when cooking. So, I had to add 4 Tbs. refined sugar (couldn't find my raw honey) into the mix to even it out somewhat, hoping that the bland peanut butter I chose (naturally more) would even out the butter salt even further. Since the texture didn't work out it doesn't matter though. Since this was meant to be a 'health food' as opposed to traditional chocolate, I don't know how tempering it like real chocolate to make it more solid would affect the amino acids. I'd have to make a lot more of it to have enough for tempering anyway. I'm wondering if the OP actually made this recipe or just thought it sounded good enough, lol
    He put his in the freezer though. Just add milk and drink it!
  12. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    saturated fats are most definely harmfull, but if your gunna go the saturated fat route, coconut oil has better benifits then butter.

    bit more complicated than that - not all sat fats are harmful, and organic butter or cie is actually quite healthful. It just should be in moderation, like any other food. Coconut oil, coconut itself, and other medium-length triglycerides are great too, as you mentioned - island peoples who have coconut as a staple in their diet have some of the lowest occurrence rates of heart disease on the planet.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  13. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    Don't think these will work out. I slowly folded in 1.5 scoops of my whey into 15 tbs. (1 small twin pack tub) of smart balance light. It was as much whey as I thought the mixture could take without clumping, and after 4hrs in the fridge I have a very thick, rich chocolate butter frosting. I also made the mistake of forgetting to NOT use salted butter when cooking. So, I had to add 4 Tbs. refined sugar (couldn't find my raw honey) into the mix to even it out somewhat, hoping that the bland peanut butter I chose (naturally more) would even out the butter salt even further. Since the texture didn't work out it doesn't matter though. Since this was meant to be a 'health food' as opposed to traditional chocolate, I don't know how tempering it like real chocolate to make it more solid would affect the amino acids. I'd have to make a lot more of it to have enough for tempering anyway. I'm wondering if the OP actually made this recipe or just thought it sounded good enough, lol
    Made it and will make it again tonight, will post pics of my Chocolately balls for everyone to admire and salvate for....I heard they're the best balls from the people who tasted them and the goodness that comes from them....when you eat your own balls....you know they're good!

    on a more serious note, I use unsalted butter, melt it, add the whey first and then the PB, when left in the fridge, it becomes almost exactly as you described it. when in the freezer....F*CK! that **** is sooo good and sweet.....I eat it everyday!

    Will post pics tonight when I get to my house, before and after freezing.
  14. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    bit more complicated than that - not all sat fats are harmful, and organic butter or cie is actually quite healthful. It just should be in moderation, like any other food. Coconut oil, coconut itself, and other medium-length triglycerides are great too, as you mentioned - island peoples who have coconut as a staple in their diet have some of the lowest occurrence rates of heart disease on the planet.
    I'm glad Nightwanderer tried with butter instead of oils and all that and you seem to be knowledgeable and know your fats, what do you read? Weston Price? Paleolithic blogs? I probably logged in over 300 hours of reading just about fats.

    Coconut oil is very healthy, but I absolutely hate it
  15. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Coconut oil is very healthy, but I absolutely hate it
    You just need to find one that has had the smokey flavour extracted. If you can manage to find one that is pure white you will use it all the time as it is virtually tasteless
  16. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I'm glad Nightwanderer tried with butter instead of oils and all that and you seem to be knowledgeable and know your fats, what do you read? Weston Price? Paleolithic blogs? I probably logged in over 300 hours of reading just about fats.

    Coconut oil is very healthy, but I absolutely hate it
    I read pubmed, biomedcentral and lots and lots of books. I'm not really all that knowledgable, yet. Just gleaning from research. I'm not totally sold on the paleolithic diet, I think it has benefits, but also some drawbacks - I didn't learn about healthy fat from that, that's for sure. I think it was a rabbit trail I went off on after reading papers by Drs. Brown and Goldstein from UTSW, the guys who discerned cholesterol metabolism. That was when it started, anyways.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  17. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    bit more complicated than that - not all sat fats are harmful, and organic butter or cie is actually quite healthful. It just should be in moderation, like any other food. Coconut oil, coconut itself, and other medium-length triglycerides are great too, as you mentioned - island peoples who have coconut as a staple in their diet have some of the lowest occurrence rates of heart disease on the planet.
    when i mention saturated fats i mean butter, organic butter im not too keen on i dont know much about it, or cie, i dont even know what that is.

    but i know all about coconut oil ect,

    and ofcourse everything in moderation
  18. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    read up on 'em they're good stuff - natural source of CLA, higher omega-3 content, and lower in sat fat, which btw, is beneficial to an extent.

    Good posting, Crazy
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  19. MuscleHeadGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

    I will have to attempt this recipe sometime. Sounds delicious!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Drink (low carb)
    By Rhyno in forum Recipes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 03:23 PM
  2. How to eat Peanut Butter??
    By FilipeBR in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 02:34 AM
  3. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM
  4. Peanut Butter.
    By Aggravated in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in