Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
3/5

Cinnamon Roll – For a protein powder that is naturally flavored this would be hard to replicate a pastry like a cinnamon roll. The cinnamon flavor is faint, and the dough flavoring from a cinnamon roll is a subtle aftertaste. There is a slight glaze flavoring that binds together with all the other aspects of the baked good. Overall it is not something that is going to be as strong as PES Select, Cellucor, and XF 2.0 on the market. When you factor in the 100% natural flavoring, coloring, and sweetener there lies a major difference in the strength of the product. Overall from a shake and sludge its decent, but not something that really pops your taste buds. I prefer this in Sludge over a shake as I found the flavor to denser and pack a bolder aftertaste.

With 8oz Cashew Milk + 1 Scoop whey there was no clumping and mixed with ease. When I mixed 1 scoop in 6oz of plain greek yogurt it dissolved instantly. This is not the thickest protein powder, but then again it is mostly WPC. There is also not a lot of gums to help thicken the product, so this does mix on the thin side.

Overall I found that baking did help mask the subtle bitter aftertaste from the stevia, in a shake it is noticable same with protein pudding.

it is hard to compare this to a regular protein powder due to the added sweeteners and other additives that can help flavor a product above something 100% organic and no fillers added. Overall it is decent, but for a normal consumer who tries this it may be a lot different then what they expect. For someone who wants to cut out the sugars this is good, but needs to be reworked to get rid of the stevia bitterness in the aftertaste.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/5

WILD BERRY - the smell and flavor of this pulls more towards a strawberry, but it was really good. I am always hesitant on the bitterness level of a Stevia sweetened product but they nailed this one. One thing I loved about this flavor is that is was not terribly overwhelming like some flavorings can be. I typically love the sweet powders but every now and then it is nice to have one that isn't overpowering.

OVERALL - I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a stevia-based whey. OR even someone who is looking for a berry protein that is subtle. BUT if you are looking for the same sweetness as an artificial sweetner-based product than keep looking. This is a great product, but those of you picking it up without ever trying a stevia-based will be disappointed.

5/5 easily for me. Mixed great, tasted great, and the profile is great!

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Glad you liked it!