NurseGray

Awards
Product information

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I love when I try a supp that actually does what it's supposed to. I don't live in a dreamworld (if any of you are old enough to remember a certain supplement company that tried to sell us "the band"?) but I've nevertheless been disappointed many a time.
NOT THIS TIME! This is a solid supp that does what it's supposed to do, and does it well.
Mixes well
Taste good
Kicks in pretty quickly
Gives a constant level good energy
Helps in systemic recovery
The only con: you have to keep track of your work because this will have you going waaay beyond your normal abilities and recovery capabilities. I was doing like 1 1/2 times my normal workload, and if hadn't kept track I would have gone all energizer bunny - fa realz!
This ones a keeper!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I love when I try a supp that actually does what it's supposed to. I don't live in a dreamworld (if any of you are old enough to remember a certain supplement company that tried to sell us "the band"?) but I've nevertheless been disappointed many a time.
NOT THIS TIME! This is a solid supp that does what it's supposed to do, and does it well.
Mixes well
Taste good
Kicks in pretty quickly
Gives a constant level good energy
Helps in systemic recovery
The only con: you have to keep track of your work because this will have you going waaay beyond your normal abilities and recovery capabilities. I was doing like 1 1/2 times my normal workload, and if hadn't kept track I would have gone all energizer bunny - fa realz!
This ones a keeper!
I agree about keeping track of your workout..easy to overdo it ..you feel like Superman

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/5

I have recently purchased 4 bottles of Off The Chains with an online deal.
I got the Pink Lemonade, Blue Raspberry, Green Apple, and Rocket Pop.
I have used this product for about a week now in various ways to give a review.

Taste:
ranked from my favorite to least favorite with a rating for each.

1. 10/10 - Green Apple - I love this flavor. I can't get enough of it. f*CK!
2. 10/10 - Rocket Pop - This is simply delicious
3. 10/10 - Blue Raspberry - WOW this one blue my mind. I have a blue raspberry BCAA from my local nutrishop and after tasting this I want to throw my other one away!
4. 8/10 - Pink Lemonade - I like that it is not sugary, but something was missed here. It's not bad.. but something is missing that I can not rank it to the level of the others.

Mixing 10/10: NO DAMN ISSUES!

Effectiveness 9/10:
I like that it is very versatile. I primarily use it as an intra to maintain energy levels while working out + get my BCAAs since I workout fasted at 5am. The energy is clean and the focus is mild. This DMAA doesn't hit like Phenadrine v2, which i believe is Hi-Tech as well, even at 3 scoops (60mg). The sweet spot for me is 1-2 scoops. 2 scoops as a preworkout and 1 scoop as intra. I tried 3 scoops pre workout and everything was fine... until crashing about 1.5 hrs later (this happens to me with DMAA). No crashing with 1-2 scoops. I really like this as a mid day or mid afternoon pick me up! 1 scoop when you are starting to wind down at work and it gets you going again very nicely. This is perfect if you want to stay away from energy drinks or want something more than just a coffee. I would definitely use this if I had to workout during lunch.

Conclusion 10/10:
I really like it because you can use it in so many ways. Some intra's have a lot of pump in them others more caffeine, but this has a perfect balance. More scoops for preworkout, stack it with a pump product, or keep a tub at work or at home for a delicious energy boost.

compan

compan

Awards
Great flavor reviews ^

Nice to hear Blue Rasp is that good too. I feel like that flavor was ruined for me in the early 2000s lol

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I had the new Southern Sweet Tea flavor and I have to say that it is the only take on sweet tea I have ever had in a supplement that I enjoyed. If you have ever tried Brisk Iced Tea, that taste is very comparable to this Off the Chain aminos. I won't get into my preworkout stack, but I will say that I added Off the Chain to it and my workout was much better. I felt so good, I actually ended up adding two more exercises to my shoulder day. I didn't want to leave the gym. I have tried a number of "energy BCAAs" and this is the first I would talk someone into buying. The addition of DMAA is a real game changer. It mixed well and left no sediment at the bottom. The buzz lasted through my whole workout and then I finished with 30 minutes of cardio after 1.5 hours of weight training and my heart felt fine. I fully recommend it.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I had the new Southern Sweet Tea flavor and I have to say that it is the only take on sweet tea I have ever had in a supplement that I enjoyed. If you have ever tried Brisk Iced Tea, that taste is very comparable to this Off the Chain aminos. I won't get into my preworkout stack, but I will say that I added Off the Chain to it and my workout was much better. I felt so good, I actually ended up adding two more exercises to my shoulder day. I didn't want to leave the gym. I have tried a number of "energy BCAAs" and this is the first I would talk someone into buying. The addition of DMAA is a real game changer. It mixed well and left no sediment at the bottom. The buzz lasted through my whole workout and then I finished with 30 minutes of cardio after 1.5 hours of weight training and my heart felt fine. I fully recommend it.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy!!!!!!

Thanks for the review. Yes, this is one of my top energy aminos.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sweeet review! People seem to love this new flavor all around

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4/5 NurseGray hooked me up with a tub of Watermelon.

Note: I had 3 hrs of sleep and worked all day.
Mixed 1 scoop with 10ox of water and a little ice. Sipped on this on my way home. my eyes were getting heavy, after about 25 min. I started to wake up.
went to the gym and got me through my workout with pretty good energy. otherwise I would have went to bed when I got home.

Mixes: Excellent no residue at all.
Taste: Excellent watermelon flavor, just a tad bit of chem taste but I had to really think about it to taste it.
Energy: Not bad.

I will do 1.25 scoops today after work and post another review. I will focus more on performance, ect. (I did get 7hrs of sleep last night)
Update: 1.25 scoops is about the same energy. Maybe I have been using too many stims in my pre and have built a tolerance.
I will update on 1.5 scoops after going stim free for a few weeks.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
5/5 NurseGray hooked me up with a tube of Watermelon.

Note: I had 3 hrs of sleep and worked all day.
Mixed 1 scoop with 10ox of water and a little ice. Sipped on this on my way home. my eyes were getting heavy, after about 25 min. I started to wake up.
went to the gym and got me through my workout with good energy. otherwise I would have went to bed when I got home.

Mixes: Excellent no residue at all.
Taste: Excellent watermelon flavor, just a tad bit of chem taste but I had to really think about it to taste it.
Energy: Excellent.

I will do 1.25 scoops today after work and post another review. I will focus more on performance, ect. (I did get 7hrs of sleep last night)
Right on!!!

My favorite flavor right now is Sour Green Apple. It's so dang good!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
5/5

tastes great...best mixing bcaa product I have tried-no floaters. the nice energy/mood boost is icing on the cake.

there isn't much else I can say that hasn't already been said---other than I will be buying more...

btw-I had watermelon flavor, I was going to try the sweet tea next but the sour apple sounds really nice...I will probably end up trying all the flavors!!!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
tastes great...best mixing bcaa product I have tried-no floaters. the nice energy/mood boost is icing on the cake.

there isn't much else I can say that hasn't already been said---other than I will be buying more...

btw-I had watermelon flavor, I was going to try the sweet tea next but the sour apple sounds really nice...I will probably end up trying all the flavors!!!
All the flavors?...us Hi tech reps like you

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards

Right now Sour Apple is my go to

But they REALLY nailed the Sweet Tea flavor. It is like drinking some delicious, diabetes filled tea (without the diabetes)

compan

compan

Awards
I've heard great things about the new Sweet Tea flavors. If it really is like Brisk, I can't wait to try it myself!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All the flavors?...us Hi tech reps like you
not only for pre-workout....I work outdoors in the heat and sun, it kills my appetite--I plan to bring a few scoops along in my cooler at work everyday.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
The only question I have is how safe is this dosed throughout the day? With the caffeine and Dmaa in it. Cuz I usually drink my aminos alooooot throughout the day, and I know they say not to exceed 4 servings but is that 4 servings a-okay?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think they don't want you exceeding the typical 75mg dose per day. Each serving i believe has 20mg. I personally wouldn't go beyond 3.5 scoops. ... even though i was accidentally taking 120mg when dosing bloodshot incorrectly. Lol

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Are you going off of feel for that? Because they don't tell you actually how much is in it it's a proprietary blend, which is what I was wondering if a rep could drop how much caffeine and Dmaa is actually in this blend?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that! Exactly what I was looking for

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great reviews guys!

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the delay @nursegrey! So just got my tub of off the chain and back home!
OFF THE CHAIN - sweet southern tea
Nice label as always from hi-tech, only thing I don't like is the prop blend but I'm not going to complain, not too many ingredients in each blend so you can sort of guess the dosages.
So after opening the tub, no in you face smell, dived my head into the tub and you get a VERY subtle lemony sweet tea smell.
Mixability: 9/10 I used 400ml of water with a ball shaker, shook only 3-4 times and left to settle for about 5 mins. Initial froth with just about disappeared and next to no residue.
Taste: 10/10 now because of the such subtle smell I was expecting much but jeeeeez! A small sip and you slapped with a peachy/lemon iced t with a VERY sweet after taste! Personally for me this is great, if you don't have a sweet tooth, maybe not so.
Effects: 6/10 I've had one scoop going into a workout, it's BCAA so I'm not looking for anything really haha but there is a very nice subtle energy that kicks in are 15 mins after consumption. I decided to try this instead of a morning coffee not in a workout situation. Wow, again not slap you in the face, very nice wakeful feeling and ready to get up and go! Would be willing to swap this for my daily morning coffee hands down!
Thanks guys

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry about the delay @nursegrey! So just got my tub of off the chain and back home!
Nice label as always from hi-tech, only thing I don't like is the prop blend but I'm not going to complain, not too many ingredients in each blend so you can sort of guess the dosages.
So after opening the tub, no in you face smell, dived my head into the tub and you get a VERY subtle lemony sweet tea smell.
Mixability: 9/10 I used 400ml of water with a ball shaker, shook only 3-4 times and left to settle for about 5 mins. Initial froth with just about disappeared and next to no residue.
Taste: 10/10 now because of the such subtle smell I was expecting much but jeeeeez! A small sip and you slapped with a peachy/lemon iced t with a VERY sweet after taste! Personally for me this is great, if you don't have a sweet tooth, maybe not so.
Effects: 6/10 I've had one scoop going into a workout, it's BCAA so I'm not looking for anything really haha but there is a very nice subtle energy that kicks in are 15 mins after consumption. I decided to try this instead of a morning coffee not in a workout situation. Wow, again not slap you in the face, very nice wakeful feeling and ready to get up and go! Would be willing to swap this for my daily morning coffee hands down!
Thanks guys
Wow!

Thanks very much for the comprehensive review. Glad you are pleased with the new flavor of OTC and enjoyed the moderate energy boost it gives in the morning time.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Thanks guys
Amazing review! Glad you enjoyed it so much! Thanks again!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Excellent review. I tried the sweet tea flavor in the Endurance bcaa this morning. I'm going to try the sweet tea Off the Chain next and see how they compare. The reviews on both are very good.

Rome734

Awards
My PWO is Jack'D so could this be taken as a intra?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I use this as an intra from time to time. I like how I get the stim profile during my workout

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Just realize there's caffeine in this as well as the synergistic effects of Dmaa with caffeine and use some smarts about mixing it and you should be fine

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be extremely careful stacking multiple stim products together. Maybe start with 1/2 scoop each to assess tolerance and go from there.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be extremely careful stacking multiple stim products together. Maybe start with 1/2 scoop each to assess tolerance and go from there.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jack'D as a pre and Off the Chain as a Intra. in my opinion that would be a bit too much stim!

I take 2 scoops of Off The Chain Pre w/ 1-scoop of Peak O2 and I'm good to go. My intra is BCAA's with Peak O2.

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
not only for pre-workout....I work outdoors in the heat and sun, it kills my appetite--I plan to bring a few scoops along in my cooler at work everyday.
I do the exact same. Rocket pop is the shiznit IMO, and sour green apple is right there with it. I mix 3 scoops and sip through the workday. Love it

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure I will never buy another energy BCAA that isn't Off the Chain. I am pretty hooked on it.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm pretty sure I will never buy another energy BCAA that isn't Off the Chain. I am pretty hooked on it.
Pretty great review right here!