Myofeed Protein (2lbs)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I want to thank Grambo for his generosity! I received the Hydra Cup with vanilla and strawberry protein powder.
Mixability: strawberry (5/5) with skim milk. It mixed great! No clumps
Vanilla: (3/5) with skim milk. Some small clumps. This could have been from me using to much milk and not giving enough room for it to mix when shaken.
Taste: (5/5) I enjoyed the taste of both of these. The strawberry was kind of like drinking a smoothie and the vanilla had a creamy texture to it. Both of these made me think I could drink them just for pleasure at some point. Very nice!
The Hydra Cup: I am actually not going to use it for protein. I will use it for my pre and intra workout drinks. I usually drink a protein shake immediately following my workout and I usually use 1 1/2 to 2 scoops with 16 ounces of skim milk. I guess I could fill both sides :)
- This was my first experience with this protein and it was a good one, thanks again Grambo and Purus Labs

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
4/5

Had two samples courtesy of Grambo one each of chocolate and strawberry. The profile for these is stellar so I had some high hopes for the flavor too

Went with chocolate first- I'll preface this by saying that I've never bought a tub of choc protein before as it's never been my thing...:

1 scoop in 20oz of water

Mix was smooth and easy. No clumps, no floaters or sinkers. The texture in 20oz was still impressively thick and creamy.

Flavor was different than most I've tried before. Pleasantly sweet, but not overly, and no aftertaste or "fake" flavor. I would liken the flavor to a light milk chocolate ice cream type, especially with the consistency.

Overall, I would rank this as one of, if not the, best chocolate flavors I've ever had. I would absolutely not hesitate to pick up a tub of this as it would work well in baking and cooking recipes with the powerful flavor and texture.

Next up was strawberry. 1 scoop in 20oz of water

Mix was smooth and with just a few shakes. No clumps, no floaters or sinkers. The texture in 20oz was still impressively thick and creamy. Almost identical to the chocolate as far as this portion.

Flavor was much sweeter and creamier then I had expected. More like an ice cream rather than a fresh fruit taste. Definitely not for someone looking for a true fruit flavor as it was not tart or crisp at all. Reminded me of a milkshake heavy on the ice cream and light on the fruit mix ins.

Even though I was surprised by the flavor (expected "fruitier" based on the strawberry pieces in it) it was not an unpleasant surprise. I enjoyed it, however not nearly as much as the chocolate. It would be good for now and then, but a whole tub might get old quickly.

Thanks to grambo and purus for the chance to try these out.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
5/5

This review is based off of the sample received, as well as the 4 pound tub I purchased on my own of the Myofeed Strawberry.

The nutritional profile is great and the clear facts is a terrific addition to see the testing done on every batch.

Taste - I have had many strawberry proteins, and my girlfriend, upon my ordering it, even commented and said "why waste your money, you know you're always dissapointed". I was very happy to prove her wrong. The strawberry was delicious in both water and milk, and the addition of the freeze dried strawberry pieces was great. This was by far, the best tasting strawberry protein I have ever had. 5/5

Mixability - Of the 65 total servings I have tried of this protein, I have had 3 instances where it did not mix perfectly. All were done just in a shaker cup and I didn't need a blender ball or anything fancy, just a couple shakes and it was perfect. 5/5

Texture - This ties into both mixability and taste, but there as no grit, and a very smooth, creamy feel to this which made teh experience more pleasurable. 5/5

Do yourself a favor and try a tub. I know Select gets a lot of love on these forums but having tried both, Myofeed will be my go to from here on out as I enjoy the flavors and texture more than any Select flavors I have tried.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Not to be mean or anything but people really need to learn how to correctly use the Product Reviews section.
Is there a section that will help people learn how to correctly use the Product Reviews section?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oooh, I was one of the lucky dual shaker cup recipients, thanks Grambo :)

I was hooked up with a vanilla & strawberry flavor...used water for both, mixes smoooooth and nice n thick like I like it. Vanilla, def custard flavor, good but subtle sweetener after taste, the strawberry milk shake, blissful and reminded me of an actual milkshake and both flavors unique in that I don't recall tasting flavors like these before...think both of these would rock mixed with milk.
Awesome job Purus! Will def be picking some up at some point