Select Protein (27 Servings)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
5/5

PES has been bringing us nothing but quality, effective products since the beginning, Select Protein is no different.

Profile/Effectiveness: 10/10
Lots of research done in the formulation of this, take the time to read their write-ups and you will come to appreciate it. Every part if this profile was selected to optimize your results and protein synthesis, all backed by studies. A variety of leucine forms will jumpstart protein synthesis and the blend with casein will prolong it to keep you anabolic. Very low carb and fat content means these gains will be lean. Added enzymes will aid in digestion, I have experienced no bloat using this product.

Mixability: 9/10
All it takes is a shaker cup and the right amount if water, I don't even need or yse a blender ball to mix. It won't stir in but shake it up and you're golden; no clumping.

Taste: 10/10
Even compared to mass gainer, sugar and cream filled powders Select stands its ground. Hands down the best overall line of powders for taste, especially for a lean blend. Available in milk chocolate, cookies and cream, and Snickerdoodle. I have used these powders in everything from ice cream to just water to baking cakes/cookies/muffins/brownies. It has not once disappointed me and lets me enjoy protein rich desserts with low caloric value.

Overall: 10/10

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/5

Profile: 10/10 No Fillers, 1.5g fat, less than 1g sugar, 24g of protein. I am glad to see companies like PES making protein powders like this. I can't imagine all the money I threw out in the past on fillers.

Mixabilty: 10/10 Mixes easy not much more can be said. From the pictures I have seen in other threads, it appears it mixes well to cook with also.

Taste: CnC 10/10 This is easily my favorite CnC protein ever. I hear a lot about Beverly, but have never tried it so I can't compare. It tastes good in water, which is a good indicator if a flavor is legit. However, it tastes amazing mixed with Almond Breeze unsweetened Vanilla. I have blown through a few tubs this way.

Snickerdoodle 9/10 I know most people would disagree and say Snickerdoodle is better than Cookies and Cream, but remember taste has a lot to do with personal preferences. I burned myself out on cinnamon after going through a boatload of Cinnamon Roll XF. I will say that the Select is pretty close to the actual flavor of a snickedoodle, as far as I remember. It's not a cookie that I come across often. The baking possibilities with Snickerdoodle is endless, there is about 20 recipes I want to try.

Overall: 10/10 This is a new staple for me, great job PES!

Highlights:
No Fillers
Less than 1g Sugar
Less than 2g fat
No GI discomfort
Tastes Amazing

rphash49

Awards
taste: 10 out of 10
It's amazing how much it taste just like a snickerdoodle cookie. No bad aftertaste. Great with water.

Bloat: 10 out of 10
Not sure what it is but as I get older I seem to have more issues with bloat. Even with proteins I've never had issues with in the past it seems to happen often now. With select I have zero bloat.

Ease of mixing: 10 out of 10
I don't use mixer balls and it still easily mixes. No issues.

Location of scoop when first opened: 1 out of 10
Purchased 2 and both caused me much mental pain and suffering as I had to dig to the bottom to find the scoop. Very disappointed PES

Overall 9.5 as I subtracted .5 for the therapy I had to pay for because of the whole scoop thing.

I definitely have a new staple in my supp cabinet.

PES please look at putting in a larger container. I'll buy it!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
5/5

Outstanding Macros, Very easy Mixability, and tastes fantastic. All 3 flavors are awesome. Ended up getting them for a great price and they come in smaller tubs than normal whey proteins which make it very easy for storage. I cannot think of a bad thing to say about these products. I would highly suggest it.

aceroni

Awards
5/5

The flavor I am reviewing is Snickerdoodle.

After reviewing the writeup and profile, It appears to be a top-shelf protein. Leucine peptides? I don't think I need to say anything more.
Upon opening the tub, the smell is reminiscent of cinnamon and snickerdoodle cookies.
I mixed two scoops snickerdoodle (is this overkill with the peptides?) with about 15-18oz water. I let it sit during my first 5-10 minutes of my car ride home from the gym as I like to drink more water at this time.
By that time, it is mixed very well. There is no clumping at all, as well as nothing left along the sides of my shaker.
It mixes to a very smooth, creamy consistency.
It tastes like snickerdoodle cookies, or at least the batter. PES nailed it here. I love this flavor, it is easily my favorite..
The only thing close to this flavor is one scoop SD and one scoop CnC.

It is very smooth and leaves my stomach feeling great.

I'd give this protein a 5/5
Easily my new favorite.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Profile: 10/10 No Fillers, 1.5g fat, less than 1g sugar, 24g of protein. This is one of, if not, the cleanest profile in a protein.

Mixabilty: 9/10 Mixes quite easy with a spoon but I'm sure it mixes much more easily in a shaker cup. This is why I'm giving it a 9. However, in a cup, if you stir it for a couple of minutes, then you're good to go.

Taste: Snickerdoodle 10/10 This is easily one of my tops flavored proteins bar none. Snickerdoodle flavor is not overly sweet, but just right. As of right now, you can't compare this flavor with another protein because there are no other flavors like this but if it was the case, then the competition is gonna have a tough fight on their hands. Only had this flavor in 2% milk and it's to die for. It also mixes well with other flavors. Have to try it in water and in my oatmeal too and report back.

I'm also sure that this flavor would be awesome to bake with too. It's definitely endless with what you can do with this flavor.

Overall: 10/10 Great job as always from the PES crew. Everything they make, turns to gold. Keep up the good job guys.

Ca2pa

Awards
5/5

This protein is great. Awesome macros, solid profile, and the best taste. I tried all 3 and boy you can not go wrong. Obvious choice is snicker doodle since I never seen that flavor before. If you haven't tried it you need too! 11/10 for sure.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
5/5

First impression is amazing. Mixes extremely well, especially for a blend. No clumping or sticking to the sides/bottom of the shaker.The flavor was incredible as well. I love cinnamon and use it just about any sweet dish and even on eggs and chicken sometimes so this was right up my alley. The flavor was plenty strong as I was able to add 30oz to a scoop and enjoy it still. Has a good consistency even with thy much water an isn't just watered down and bland. Just enough sweet to satisfy a craving for cookies and the cinnamon is just a bonus for me. I thoroughly enjoyed my first taste and can't wait to try some baking and maybe some cottage cheese "ice cream".

milkmaniac

milkmaniac

Awards
5/5

This stuff was hyped pretty heavily, so I had to give a try. They were out of the insanely popular Snickerdoodle, so I tried Cookies and Cream.

Taste 5/5
Cookies and Cream tastes like a luscious diner-style milkshake, but without lard and barrels of sugar.

Mixability 5/5
It foams up a little bit, but the powder is so fine, you won't get any chunks or anything, if that bothers you.

This is a great-tasting protein blend with no unnecessary fillers. It works great post workout and between meals.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5

I've tried two different flavors of this protein, milk chocolate and cookies and cream. Both flavors are delicious and represent some of the best in the category of any I've tried. The profile is about as good as it could possibly get. The only possible flaw I could find is the fact that they haven't made it in bigger tubs yet!

This is a very hyped protein, but it lives up to it and then some. You can't make a better protein.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Cant beat the taste / make up of the protein.

Expensive for UK buyers but worth it

mblake89

Awards
5/5

I bought the cookies and cream flavor and my gf bought the chocolate. Havent tried snickerdoodle yet. All i can say is wow. Probably one of the few proteins that would keep me coming back for more based on the ingredient profile alone... but then that amazing flavor too! This stuff is great, mixes easily with water or milk and is like a dessert for me.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
5/5

Snicker doodle oats/muffins/pancakes/waffles/cakes/loaves/shakes... nuff said

i even eat straight powder it's that good

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
5/5

I've FINALLY had the chance to taste Select. I'm not a huge protein fan because cost here is crazy but I figured i'd invest a little just to give it a try. It was good. Very good.

Mixes great in blender.

Tastes Great over cereal, in shakes or mixed in with some yogurt/ ice cream.

Profile is good

Good job PES

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I've FINALLY had the chance to taste Select. I'm not a huge protein fan because cost here is crazy but I figured i'd invest a little just to give it a try. It was good. Very good.

Mixes great in blender.

Tastes Great over cereal, in shakes or mixed in with some yogurt/ ice cream.

Profile is good

Good job PES
Whaaaaat you've just tried it! Welcome to the dark side

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/5

So far, I have just had the Snickerdoodle flavor. It is very similar to a Snickerdoodle cookie. It can be used in many ways and is my go to flavor for oatmeal, pancakes, and cookies. Also, it has a thicker texture, which I enjoy. A little more water is be needed. It also mixes perfectly.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Profile: 10/10 No Fillers, 1.5g fat, less than 1g sugar, 24g of protein. I'm really pleased with this proteins, they are great, not containing any fillers or anything but pure proteins, i really like the mix and the way the made this, the use of casein/isolate/concentrate its perfect, you can have it for bewakfast/preWO and postWO and even for pre sleep!

Mixabilty: 10/10 It mixes perfectly, i like to mix it with a little of water and it is not leaving any dense part, it is perfectly smooth and creamy!

Taste: i cannot say anything apart YUMMYLICIOUS!!!!!! especially snicker doodle taste, cookies&cream are great too! i found myself finishing a 900g jar in one week!!! it's like a dessert!

Overall: 10/10 PES is continuing releasing amazing product, please keep doing it guys!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I wanted to throw this in here I copy/pasted my review from BB.com

Snickerdoodle

Tub smells good when opening, noticed the protein is moderately clumpy which I am guessing is due to the high amount of MPI.

Ratings:

Profile: 10/10 good blend, more important if your mixing with water or almond milk. Quality blend with good ratio of whey and casein. Minimal fat and carbs which is a huge plus.

Taste: 9.5/10 really good, very sweet. Easily drinkable with almond milk or water. IMO the second best tasting protein I have ever had. Just shy of beating beverly internationals vanilla and cookies and cream.

Mixability 10/10 I use a ninja blender so really not expecting any issues

Value:7/10 pretty good, 55 servings for 50ish dollars

Summary: Excellent protein source and great tasting. Def going to be using this in the future

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5

We all already know that Select Protein is top notch, mixes rather easily and tastes great. So, they decided to add to their flavor line-up and came out with Blondie. This stuff tastes AWESOME!!! It's like a little bit of heaven in a shaker cup! PES really hit a home run with this flavor!

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I've never said a protein shake ever tasted good before, usually I say X brand is the least offensive. I can honestly say PES Select Protein Snickerdoodle tastes good! Cookies and Cream was so-so, I wouldn't say it's "good". Gets super frothy, kinda kills the mixability, the Snickerdoodle doesn't do that. If the nutrition facts are accurate then you can't beat this stuff.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5/5

Before trying snickerdoodle select i had a strange liking to fruit flavored proteins. I would mix with bcaas or other flavoring to make them taste better. I have read so many reviews about select that i figured i would try it. I loved the ingredient profile. Whey and casein, both excellent grades, a clean profile with only 1 gram of carbs per serve. The blend makes it versitile for almost any time of day and even for cooking. Snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite, so that was a no brainer.

So my 55 tub arrives. I get home post gym and crack it open. As i rip the seal off some spills on the counter. I tasted the powder with my finger and i was hooked. I cant lie, i licked the counter lol. I proceeded to make two shakes in water that night, one the next morning and even made a pancake with it. Within 12 hours i probably used 5-6 servings. On my birthday i recently subbed out extra cake and cookies for a shake and it kept me satiated and cut my cravings. I mix in a regular shaker with water and in a few shakes its perfect consistency, almost mixes with a isolate texture, no clumps, tastes phenominal. I am a pes fan for life!!!-

New addition:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup has officially taken the number 1 spot for my favorite protein. If anything it is in a close tie with snicker doodle. The taste, texture and mix ability are all top notch. In water CPBC is amazing; I personally love throwing in some ice cubes and a scoop of peanut butter in a blender. Also love it in oatmeal. I have finished a tube and a half in about 13 days. This stuff is too good.

Last edited:
WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I picked up this protein a few times since it was released. Initially I bought into the hype with purchasing it to give it a shot, but that was quickly squashed when I opened the tubs. I got all three flavors and they all taste great (chocolate was actually my least favorite)

The profile is great, the taste is great and the protein mixed very well. Overall I could not find a thing wrong with it. I would absolutely recommend this to people and from the plethora of other reviews, im not alone.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5

Select has never failed to come out with the best tasting protein powder ever made. The taste and texture is so good it makes all other protein powders seem like they are stuck in the stone age. The snickerdoodle has just the right amount of sweetness with a hint of spice in it. Mix-ability is outstanding and can be easily mixed with just a spoon...no shaker cup necessary. My wife usually gags at the sight and smell of previous proteins but she actually enjoys the Select protein. As a matter of fact a couple scoops of Select is now the goto ingredient in pancakes in our house! I find myself leaving calories in the day just to enjoy a shake.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Profile: 10/10 No Fillers not amino spiked, blend of proteins for better muscle building.

Mixabilty: 10/10 Mixes easy, I have mixed it once yesterday in a bowl with a spoon and 50ml of water to make protein sludge.

Snickerdoodle 10/10, Just from opening the tub i new by the strong cinnamon smell this was going to be a great tasting product, with the low water and mixed in a bowl i found this to have a very strong almost alcoholic taste, maybe i will have to use more water next time but regardless this kills my sweet tooth.

This is a great product, I cannot wait to try out the other flavors.

How does the Chocolate and Cookies N Cream version taste compared to Snickerdoodle?

MOD EDIT: This is strictly a review section. Please take questions, comments, promo's, etc...to the proper forums. thank you.

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/5

PES just keeps on surprising me!from now on most of my supllements will be PES.i have Snickerdoodle and the taste is amazing Wow the best tasting protien I've tasted in my life!!what I like about it is the thickness of the shake.i sometimes use it as a meal replacement and boy oh boy it works real good..I could be Hungry I take this stuff and I'm not hungry for a while.you guys better get this

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5

Profile: 5/5
Great profile, perfect blend of whey & casein. Low carb & low fat

Mixability: 4/5
Mixes pretty easily in a shaker cup, but way better with some ice in a blender

Taste: 5/5
Taste is a very subjective thing. I thought the Chocolate Peanut Butter
combo was pulled off rather well and probably the best tasting PB
protein I've ever had.

value: 5/5
You get 55 servings for about $55 with the larger tub. Its about a $1 a
serving which isnt bad considering the quality and taste.

Overall 4.5/5

Will be buying in again soon..!!!

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I failed to notice it does contain sucralose... Otherwise it's a great product. I buy this more than ON Gold now, however may consider switching to something else due to the sucralose. I still stand by my word, good tasting and mixing for a whey.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This review is for the Peanut Butter Cup flavor: I've already submitted a review, so I need to do it this way.

Profile - Perfect blend. High quality protein, low carb and fat. 5/5

Mixability - One needs a little more liquid than usual when making a shake, but nothing crazy. It mixes nice and thick which I love. When mixing it in oatmeal or recipes, it is perfect. 5/5

Taste - If you have read my past posts about this flavor, I was nervous about there being too much of a chocolate to peanut butter flavor. I am not a chocolate fan, but love peanut butter. I can honestly say that this is by far the best tasting protein powder I have ever had and I will make it my staple. The PB flavor is a lot more pronounced than the chocolate! The chocolate is minimal. The taste overall reminds me of a Reese's Easter Egg or even a generic chocolate and pb Easter egg. I compare it to this because with those, the PB stands out way more than the chocolate and that was what came to mind as soon as I tasted it. My only regret is that I wish I ordered 6 instead of 3 during the insider. 5/5

nbfootball65

Awards
5/5

So what is it?
Well this protein powder is a mixture of casein and whey protein concentrate with some added leucine peptides. So let’s go ahead and dive right into the breakdown.

The Break Down:

So this is per scoop, I’m looking at the snickerdoodle which tastes awesome. So for one scoop there’s 110 calories, 1.5 g of fat, 210mg sodium, less than 1g of the carbs and 24g of protein.So that’s a great ratio there -hardly any fat, hardly any carbs and 24g of high quality protein.They’re also claiming no amino spike PES got it right because casein and whey protein mixture is superior than whey alone so I like that.

We also have over 5g of BCAA that’s coming from leucine peptides. Leucine being the almighty branch chain amino acid when it comes to muscle protein synthesis. Kudos to PES for throwing that in there, I really like that too. So overall breakdown I mean I don’t know how you can really one up them on this so 9 out of 10.

Mixability
Right off the bat nothing on the sides too much so 8.5 out of 10 for mixability.

Taste

Going right into the taste, this is again for snickerdoodle so it’s let’s give that a shot. It reminds me of a cinnamon cookie really good, 9 out of 10 for taste.
I just want to add something that I forgot to mention in the breakdown.
They’re using a whey protein concentrate that is 80% of whey protein ultra purity. Alot of them can vary from 35% to 80% and they chose to use the best of best -their dominant WPC–80. So again good job PES Nutrition!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/5

I just finished my first 2lb container of Select Protein in the Amazing Blondie flavor which has a love hat relation ship with people who have tried it and for me I LOVE!!! and will continue loving this flavor if I get it at the same price I got my first container and if I do I will STOCK UP!!

Ingredient - 4/5- Two types of protein Milk Isolate which is one of my favorite and whey concentrate which states the percentage 80% which is
a big plus and has a good dose of Leucine Peptides which makes this a somewhat unique profile with no funny ingredients but I was surprised it didn't have digestive enzymes which I didn't have any stomach issues at all from this protein but thought that was the only thing missing.

Mix Ability- 4/5 Mix up very well with very little foam but you always had a few little particles floating in the bottom but really not much of a big deal but I thought I'd mention it and I mixed ALL my shakes in cold water using a shaker cup which is how I consume all my protein shakes.

Taste- 4/5- The flavor is a combination of caramel and choc with an after taste of a slight mocha and I found it quite enjoyable and unique but I'm a big protein consumer and I've tried this combo of flavors in the past when I mixed these two flavors so for me it was VERY enjoyable but not a new flavor but it agreed with me right from the first shake but I guess from the feedback I've seen on this flavor it could be hit or miss. I do recommend either getting a sample or purchasing a 7 serving tub first before diving into a 2 or 4lb container I personally will grab about 8lbs if I catch a good sale on it again in the future.

Overall- 4/5- This was my first experience with PES protein and I've tried other supplements from PES but so far this has been my favorite and I will look into trying other flavors and I highly recommend others to give this Blondie flavor a try but again it's very intense and not a flavor you would want to be using everyday for 2 shakes because you will probably get tired of the flavor so I recommend having a basic van or choc on hand to alternate and both of these flavors actually work well combined with Blondie.

If you like to cook or bake with your proteins or even make proats this PES Select Protein works fantastic in recipes and probably makes the best proats of any protein on the market and you WON'T be disappointed with your proats.

Ahoward

Ahoward

Awards
4/5

I've tried the chocolate and vanilla. I like that it's easy to drink, there's hardly any clumps and it tastes good. I've never had any issues with Select protein and never had any stomach discomfort or anything.

Demination

Demination

Awards
5/5

Tastes amazing and brings a good amount of protein per serving! The price is very good on it swell so a solid protein source.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
3/5

I've tried snickerdoodle, gourmet vanilla, choc pb cup.
The powder doesn't make very good shakes and I have to chug them.
Baking with the powders seems to work great!

Vanilla flavor is a little stronger than I would like in baking and in shakes it would be a 4/10 vanilla flavor

Snickerdoodle gets great reviews but for me... not a fan. It was ok for the first 6 or 7 pancakes but then got to be too much flavor for a pancake and too much for a shake. 5/10

Choc PB Cup was the best out of these 3 for baking. I enjoy the pancakes and might even consider buying this flavor again. 7.5/10

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
5/5

After reading the over the top praise for Select Protein in the various threads and forums, I found a deal on the big containers that I couldn't pass up. I've enjoyed the flavors, but this morning I tried the Snickerdoodle... Wow. I mixed it in a blender bottle with 12oz of plain unsweetened almond milk and 8oz of water. I also mixed it with a scoop of vanilla protein (as I often find flavors to be somewhat cloying.) This shake was terrific. So terrific I felt I needed to write a review. I have mixed feelings about the Blondie and I also enjoyed the Cookies and Cream.

Demination

Demination

Awards
I've tried snickerdoodle, gourmet vanilla, choc pb cup.
The powder doesn't make very good shakes and I have to chug them.
Baking with the powders seems to work great!

Vanilla flavor is a little stronger than I would like in baking and in shakes it would be a 4/10 vanilla flavor

Snickerdoodle gets great reviews but for me... not a fan. It was ok for the first 6 or 7 pancakes but then got to be too much flavor for a pancake and too much for a shake. 5/10

Choc PB Cup was the best out of these 3 for baking. I enjoy the pancakes and might even consider buying this flavor again. 7.5/10
Never baked it but def will try. Any good recipes you would recommend?

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Tayler was kind enough to send me samples of 5 different flavors of this protein. I received samples of snickerdoodle, cookies and cream, vanilla, chocolate and peanut butter cup.

Taste: 5/5
Every flavor I had was super tasty. Cookies and Cream was my favorite but seriously you cant go wrong with any of their flavors.

If you really take a look at what is being offered, this stuff is at the top of the protein food chain. Super quality stuff here.

Mixability: 5/5
Used milk for a few and water for one and it mixed in a shaker super easy with each. Very minimal clumping and didnt get super foamy like some protein powders tend to do.

Customer Service: 5/5
This one is a bonus but I just had to point out how great the customer service is from this company. I was helped out by Tayler and she went above and beyond.

Overall great product and great company.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Snickerdoodle is my most reliable and most regularly used "go to" flavor. I always have at least one 2lb tub on hand at all times.

Negncic

Awards
5/5

Here is my take on Pes Select Peanut Butter Cookie.
I would think most everyone is aware of the select profile by now, so I will skip that. My review is based on how I make my shakes which is 12oz almond milk, 2 scoops of select, a few ice cubes then blended in the ninja. i have been fooled many times by reviews stating this protein tastes exactly like x, y or z. Well, pbc might not taste exactly like a nutter Butter but it is dam close. It's sweet without being overly so, with just the right amount of peanut butter. Another winner from PES. Keep up the good work!

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
My review is for the peanut butter select vegan protien my first review is pb vegan as a protien shake i mixed it with chocolate almond milk and it was great
20170716_152644-600x1066.jpg

It mixed perfect no clumps and the taste is fantastic no weird after taste or anything so for me i rate this a 10/10 as a protien shake with chocolate almond milk

Pb vegan as pancakes it mixed well here is a pic of the batter
20170716_175050-600x1066.jpg

And here is the pancake
20170716_180350-600x1066.jpg
it cooked up easy but the taste is a lil funky i put maple syrup on it and it wasn't the best protien pancake I've had i would rate it a 5/10 but overall this is a great quality protien my 1st go around with a vegan protien and i am pleased with it

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/5

This review is for Select Vegan Peanut Butter Delight. I won a tub as part of a promo which I am very appreciative for. I used it several ways:

Cottage Cheese
First use it actually tasted kinda bad - half cup cottage cheese, 1.5 scoops select then add water until pudding consistency, tasted like bland salt free peanuts with weak flavoring plus a slight chalky aftertaste which really sticks around for a while, it has that slight grittiness that vegan powders have too.
20170712_210110.jpg

Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt was not any better. I tried adding less water to bring out the flavor. It turned out really thick but was still extremely bland. It was not enjoyable to eat, I liked this consistency though.
20170713_211839.jpg

Shake
A shake was not enjoyable either. I mixed 1.5 scoops with 15 oz water then put it in freezer for a while - most shakes taste better very cold. It mixes great and very thick. I can see why so much water is needed for 1 scoop. The taste is a very chalky, earthy peanut flavor. It leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth. Having tried one another vegan protein powder, I would probably shop around if taste is important.
20170714_090745.jpg

Proats
This is the most tolerable way to consume this protein powder. This is 2/3 cup raw oats, cooked, cooled, then mixed with 2 scoops and some extra water. It is super gooey. I enjoyed this consistency. The negative aspects subside somewhat and you are left with a bland peanut flavor. The aftertaste isn't as bad. The taste starts out neither good nor bad just kinda blah. By the end of the bowl, I was ready to be done with it. It was fairly filling.
20170715_080135.jpg

By itself Peanut Butter Delight is not good at all. I've also made a smoothie with milk, ice, banana, and some chocolate. This turned out somewhat enjoyable. My daughter definitely liked it. I've also mixed in Select Peanut Butter Cookie and a different chocolate protein powder at different times. These helped the taste. It's not even a fair to compare Peanut Butter Delight with Peanut Butter Cookie Select. As far as other vegan proteins, I've had one other and sadly that one was better. Nutrition wise, the macros are second to none - 20g P, 4g C, 1g F, very clean ingredient list. Hard to beat that.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My review is for the peanut butter select vegan protien my first review is pb vegan as a protien shake i mixed it with chocolate almond milk and it was great View attachment 151384
It mixed perfect no clumps and the taste is fantastic no weird after taste or anything so for me i rate this a 10/10 as a protien shake with chocolate almond milk

Pb vegan as pancakes it mixed well here is a pic of the batter View attachment 151385
And here is the pancake View attachment 151386 it cooked up easy but the taste is a lil funky i put maple syrup on it and it wasn't the best protien pancake I've had i would rate it a 5/10 but overall this is a great quality protien my 1st go around with a vegan protien and i am pleased with it
Thank you brother for taking the time to review. That chocolate almond milk idea is pretty stellar. I'm not an almond milk drinker so I hadn't even heard of that to mix it with.
This review is for Select Vegan Peanut Butter Delight. I won a tub as part of a promo which I am very appreciative for. I used it several ways:

Cottage Cheese
First use it actually tasted kinda bad - half cup cottage cheese, 1.5 scoops select then add water until pudding consistency, tasted like bland salt free peanuts with weak flavoring plus a slight chalky aftertaste which really sticks around for a while, it has that slight grittiness that vegan powders have too.
View attachment 151411

Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt was not any better. I tried adding less water to bring out the flavor. It turned out really thick but was still extremely bland. It was not enjoyable to eat, I liked this consistency though.
View attachment 151412

Shake
A shake was not enjoyable either. I mixed 1.5 scoops with 15 oz water then put it in freezer for a while - most shakes taste better very cold. It mixes great and very thick. I can see why so much water is needed for 1 scoop. The taste is a very chalky, earthy peanut flavor. It leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth. Having tried one another vegan protein powder, I would probably shop around if taste is important.
View attachment 151413

Proats
This is the most tolerable way to consume this protein powder. This is 2/3 cup raw oats, cooked, cooled, then mixed with 2 scoops and some extra water. It is super gooey. I enjoyed this consistency. The negative aspects subside somewhat and you are left with a bland peanut flavor. The aftertaste isn't as bad. The taste starts out neither good nor bad just kinda blah. By the end of the bowl, I was ready to be done with it. It was fairly filling.
View attachment 151414

By itself Peanut Butter Delight is not good at all. I've also made a smoothie with milk, ice, banana, and some chocolate. This turned out somewhat enjoyable. My daughter definitely liked it. I've also mixed in Select Peanut Butter Cookie and a different chocolate protein powder at different times. These helped the taste. It's not even a fair to compare Peanut Butter Delight with Peanut Butter Cookie Select. As far as other vegan proteins, I've had one other and sadly that one was better. Nutrition wise, the macros are second to none - 20g P, 4g C, 1g F, very clean ingredient list. Hard to beat that.
I'm not a huge fan of vegan anything so I can understand your flavor judgement. Having tried a few others from samples other reps gave me to compare I hands down would pick this flavor over any other even our other Berry flavoring but everyone has their own preference. Thanks for taking the time to review. :]

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Thank you brother for taking the time to review. That chocolate almond milk idea is pretty stellar. I'm not an almond milk drinker so I hadn't even heard of that to mix it with.

I'm not a huge fan of vegan anything so I can understand your flavor judgement. Having tried a few others from samples other reps gave me to compare I hands down would pick this flavor over any other even our other Berry flavoring but everyone has their own preference. Thanks for taking the time to review. :]
No problem

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Cottage Cheese
View attachment 151411

Greek Yogurt
View attachment 151412

Shake
View attachment 151413

Proats
View attachment 151414

I should also talk about the smell. I had some proats at work the other day, 1 scoop vegan select, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein. I was very cognizant of the smell. It is definitely not pleasant. I was thinking everyone around is probably wondering what the hell im eating. And what prompted me to make this post was last night my wife said it stunk bad, then made my breath stink. And it was only half scoop mixed with one scoop PBC select, a little oats, Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.

thomasschnepp

Awards
I completely agree with everyone on this 10 out of 10. Also I would recommend several of the other flavors.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3/5

I received some samples from a promo here on AM to try out. I received 7 servings of Peanut Butter Vegan and 7 Servings Wild Berry, along with a shaker.
First, a little background. Both my wife and I used to exclusively only use vegan protein (ex. Plant Head, Warrior Blend, rawfusion, nitrofusion vegan protein, scitec nutrition Chocolate Praline).

Wild Berry

Taste:
I was honestly surprised by this flavor. You usually do not see flavors like this in vegan protein. Except for Plant Head I believe has more flavor options, but for the most part you get either vanilla or chocolate. I liked the flavor a lot and so did the wife, but it has a grainy almost scratch of the throat texture. We actually coughed a little bit when trying it. I have gotten used to it so it was only the first couple of times.

Mixability:
The product mixes just fine in various methods. I tried it as pancakes, proats, shake, coffee creamer replacement, and greek yogurt mix ice cream. I really liked it as pancakes! I was very surprised on how easy it cooked. My experience cooking with vegan protein has not been as smooth as this. The attempt at ice cream was not good. The grainy texture gets amplified and you don't want that in a frozen treat. Best as a shake and pancakes. The pancakes taste like those whole grain pancakes, but with a berry taste. Proats are also not as good. Too grainy.

Peanut Butter

Taste:
This flavor is best with some sort of almod milk, soy milk, or cashew milk (the ones I have tried). Not a very good taste with water, but not bad at all if you only have water. This flavor taste much better with proats! You can also throw in one tbsp of peanut butter and amplify the flavor more.

Mixability:
The powder mixes fine and wild berry is much more grainier than this flavor. This does not scratch the throat like wild berry. The wife really liked this one and she finished the 7 serving in a few days haha!

Overall Conclusion:
One thing that stood out was that the powders do not explode all over the place when you scoop and dump in your shaker. This has been a bad experience with several other vegan proteins. I liked wild berry flavor more than the wife did and I would buy again. The wife liked peanut butter more than I did. I also would mention that these are not excessively sweet! That has been something I have noticed ( i believe nutrifusion) with other vegan protein. The protein content is also a bit higher than other proteins, which is a good thing. I believe for the most part typical vegan proteins have 15-17 grams of protein per serving. Overall I would not rank this as the number one vegan protein I have tried, but it is up there because of the protein content, no exploding of powder, and unique flavors.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
5/5

perfect blend, I have stomach issues and this protein is perfect no issues, the flavors are all on point I would recommend to anyone to give this a try.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
perfect blend, I have stomach issues and this protein is perfect no issues, the flavors are all on point I would recommend to anyone to give this a try.
I've heard that about taking care of stomach issues experienced from many other powders thing quite often actually. Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother. SELECT the best!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5

Taste: 5/5 (Snickerdoodle)

For at least a year, I have been on MyProtein and finally I decided to make the switch. I am so glad, I did. Snickerdoodle is just amazing.

Not too heavy on thickeners and gums. So, it's not heavy on my stomach as well. 24gms of protein from 31gms scoop is pretty good.

Mixability: 4/5
It doesn't mix into a smooth fine shake. But, that's fine. It's not a deal breaker because the taste overpowers this.

Overall, you will be happy to put your money on PES Select protein. It's one of the best out there