1.M.R. Vortex (50 servings)

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tried it several times & it is a decent pre workout for the price.

Energy is good and the pump was okay.

I used this in conjunction with a few other P/W & it seemed to enhance their overall usefulness, but alone it just feels like it's missing something.

DR325

DR325

Awards
4/5

I have never been a fan of BPI's products, including their flagship 1.M.R. For some reason, 1.M.R. has never produced a good workout and, strangely, causes me to crash/lose energy halfway through my sessions. So I had huge reservations when 1.M.R. Vortex was first launched, but the minimal ingredient profile did pique my curiosity. Here are my observations:

ENERGY/STRENGTH
Right out of the gate, Vortex hits pretty hard -- even at the recommended 1 scoop dose (a minuscule 3 grams). Every time I took Vortex, from the first scoop to the last few remaining grains, it gave me more than enough energy to fuel my intense workouts, and kept my energy levels sustained for the rest of the day. Though there wasn't much of a "pump" aspect, I did have huge increases in strength, which I wasn't really expecting -- considering this is really more of a stimulant-based pre-workout.

INGREDIENT PROFILE
Sparse, but perfect. No creatine, which is great if you dose creatine as a separate supplement, or if you're trying to avoid it. Just a well-dosed amount of glycerol for increasing vascularity, and a superb stimulant matrix. NOTE: for those who are sensitive to Yohimbe, start small, as it may cause reactions (heart palpitations, increased sweating, nausea, etc). But I think BPI did a smart thing by keeping this pre-workout to a minimalist profile, not adding a host of fillers or unnecessary ingredients.

TASTE/MIXIBILITY
This is really the only knock against the product. The flavor is on the medicinally-sweet end, but if you chug it quickly, is fairly palatable. Pre-workouts are not meant to be coddled like a recreational drink, so I tend not to judge flavor too harshly. The powder does not mix very well, yielding floaters in my shaker cup. Not a huge concern, but worth noting.

VALUE
Each tub, if taken at a one-scoop dose, yields 50 servings. At the current price, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better value in the pre-workout category.

OVERALL
If you're looking to try a PWO that is more or less unique, especially on the stim-heavy end, you can't go wrong with Vortex. After finishing one tub and starting a second, I noticed a decrease in effects, which I never really experience with other PWOs (and I always take a stim-break between tubs, so not a tolerance issue). So I can't vouch for long-term use, but it will likely stay in my roation.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
5/5

First I would like to thank TheFugitive for sending me a whole slew of samples to review from BPI.

1MR Snowcone.jpg

1MR VORTEX™ is the newest evolution of pre-workouts. Compounded and engineered with three unique new ingredients that have been carefully formulated to enhance and intensify the quality of your workouts.* Leave your old pre-workout behind - No more unproductive time in the gym - Hold on tight and prepare to enter the Vortex!*†

Taste 9/10

The taste is simply amazing with this product. It tasted exactly like a snow cone. Crazy. Usually you can notice a little bit of a bite or what not but not here. Without a doubt a great tasting supplement.

Energy 7/10

The energy level is a cool storm so to speak. It cam on nice during my morning cardio and lasted through my entire workout without making me crawl out of my skin. Awesome stuff.

Pump 5/10

The pumps were there but not the best Ive ever had. That being said they did stay with me for awhile after my workout. I can't judge this entirely as I only had one sample to try. If I had more averrable to me I could give a more solid review on this aspect.

Mix ability 10/10

Absolutely nothing to complain about this Mix-ability. Just a swish and swallow. No problems here.

Overall 8/10

I would recommend this to future friends and clients. It is a well made great tasting overall good beginner PWO. I would have loved to have a tub of this to give a better assessment of the profile and recovery abilities of continuous use. Great Job BPI I look forward to trying many more of our products!

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
First I would like to thank TheFugitive for sending me a whole slew of samples to review from BPI.

View attachment 120581

1MR VORTEX™ is the newest evolution of pre-workouts. Compounded and engineered with three unique new ingredients that have been carefully formulated to enhance and intensify the quality of your workouts.* Leave your old pre-workout behind - No more unproductive time in the gym - Hold on tight and prepare to enter the Vortex!*†

Taste 9/10

The taste is simply amazing with this product. It tasted exactly like a snow cone. Crazy. Usually you can notice a little bit of a bite or what not but not here. Without a doubt a great tasting supplement.

Energy 7/10

The energy level is a cool storm so to speak. It cam on nice during my morning cardio and lasted through my entire workout without making me crawl out of my skin. Awesome stuff.

Pump 5/10

The pumps were there but not the best Ive ever had. That being said they did stay with me for awhile after my workout. I can't judge this entirely as I only had one sample to try. If I had more averrable to me I could give a more solid review on this aspect.

Mix ability 10/10

Absolutely nothing to complain about this Mix-ability. Just a swish and swallow. No problems here.

Overall 8/10

I would recommend this to future friends and clients. It is a well made great tasting overall good beginner PWO. I would have loved to have a tub of this to give a better assessment of the profile and recovery abilities of continuous use. Great Job BPI I look forward to trying many more of our products!
Thanks for the review brother. Did you use the entire packet (2 scoops) at once?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Magg0078

Magg0078

Awards
  • Established
I like how it doesn't contain creatine, but like some one else noted, seems like something is missing. The cherry lime is out of this world in taste.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I like how it doesn't contain creatine, but like some one else noted, seems like something is missing. The cherry lime is out of this world in taste.
Thanks for the feedback on cherry lime, the flavoring is outstanding

What do you guys feel is missing with Vortex?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
400mg's of caffeine at once is a big hit. I'll get a weeks worth sent out so you can get a better feel for Vortex
Nice. I'm used to a little more caffeine. But if it is dosed properly with the rest of the ingredients it isn't as rough as others. I will post a video review after my week is up. Thanks again!

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I'd like to see some aminos and more pump.
Sip on some Best BCAA during your workout if your looking for some added BCAA's. If PUMP is something your seeking, check this out...

[video=youtube;D-tSt7-KPpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-tSt7-KPpw[/video][/QUOTE]

Coming Soon!!!

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Once again thank you very much to BPI and they're great rep TheFugitive. I received 3 sample packets of 1MR Vortex. Now in the past I've not like 1MR at all as it upsets my stomach, but Vortex is a different story altogether.

Flavor 10/10
Received 1 Watermelon and 2 Snow Cone. Hard to kick favorites as BPI has truly outdone itself with flavoring here, but may have to give the crown to snow cone.

Mixability 9/10
Mixed quite well in my cyclone cup with only 8 oz of cold water and a full sample pack (2 servings in 1 packet).

Pump 4/10
Had a slight pump, but not what I usually get with my staple PWO.

Energy 8/10
Here's where Vortex excelled for me. I of course stated I was taking 2 servings at a time as I'm used to 25g clinically dosed school pwo. But Vortex with I believe it was 400mg of caffeine in 2 servings was just right (my usual gives me 350mg in 1 scoop). The energy was smooth coming on and sliding off with no crash.

Overall 8/10
Pretty good started pwo if not a Stim junkie like myself and don't need 8g or more of Citrulline. But maybe can become my fallback pwo when I need just an extra kick intra. Wish I could've had a full tub to really give a much more informed review. Nonetheless, well done BPI.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4/5

AntM Reviews BPI 1 MR Vortex

View attachment 121394

Mixability - A little foaming, some of it did not go away. 9/10

Profile - It is GMS, caffeine, yohimbine and some other stuff. Nice and simple. It is a prop blend, so it is unknown the doses of each ingredient..8/10

Energy - Very good. I had the whole packet, which is two scoops. It was clean with no crash. My past experience with yohimbine has been a rapid heart rate, shakiness, and anxiety. I did not suffer that and I took it on an empty stomach in a fasted state.10/10

Pump - Nothing out of the ordinary, but it was a lower rep day and I reaggervated an injury so I could not focus on that. 7/10

Focus - Before I reaggervated my injury, focus was on point. Not tunnel vision like, but close. 9/10

Taste - I had the Snow Cone flavor. I had it in just over 8 ounces of water. It was very sweet, this could be resolved with more water. The taste was on point though. The sweetness did not remind me of a snow cone. At least the snow cones I have had have never been that sweet. It reminded more of a firecracker Popsicle, at least I think that is what they're called. It was tasting, no complaints, except for the sweetness.9/10

Overall - Awesome tasting pre workout with nice clean energy and solid focus. Pumps could have been better, but I did use lower reps today. I would caution people that do not respond to yohimbine though. Due to the prop blend, we do not know how much is in a single scoop. It can be guesstimated by looking at the label, but still, tread carefully. 9/10

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1/5

To preface, I am EXTREMELY stim tolerant (have had 400mg caffiene and 50mg ephedrine at a time and napped) and this stuff made me sick as hell.

shakes, upset stomach, racing heart, etc. Completely ruined a workout for me and provided no type of focus or pump on top of it.