PROnom 23 (4 lb)
PROnom 23 (4 lb)

Manufacturer:

Controlled Labs

Price: $47.95

Rating: 4.11 out of 5 stars, based on 9 total reviews.
Rated: 4.11 out of 5 Read all 9 reviews

Submit New Review

PROnom 23 (4 lb)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

5/5

Taste

Vanilla - I used this mixed in Greek Yogurt and topped onto rice cakes, the lighting throws off the color on the rice cakes but i found that when making sludge this is the easiest way to monitor taste due to the greek yogurt being plain and unflavored. This vanilla is very rich with the cake batter touch to it, It reminds me of the new scivation whey with a touch of extra sweetner and flavoring to boot, and that could come with the extra calories that are in the formula. Overall Controlled Labs did a job well done with a very basic flavor that is very hit or miss on the market in Vanilla. Getting down a simple flavor expands the line for good flavoring and good selling.

Chocolate - Someone hungry for Pancakes? i am shocked at how well the flavoring shined in this, I just mixed with complete pancake mix, baking power, a few eggs/egg whites, almond milk, and SF/FF Vanilla Pudding Mix and BAM cakes galore. Very fluffy and very dense which packed great mositure. The powder is very thin so it works very well as far as baking goes, and the flavor reminds me of a small hot cocoa/swiss chocolate mixture. This was a little different than a normal chocolate or rich chocolate, but this was a great flavored product

IMO the Vanilla > Chocolate and i am a chocolate guy at heart

Mixibility

Both products no problem mixing, very thin powder, had no problems in greek yogurt, and it mixed very easy in the pancake batter when utilized. NO debree or clumps.

Formula

4g Fat
    4-5g Carbs
    23g Protein

Not bad at all for a decent Blend

Price

I am unsure because it is unreleased but i figure around 35$ or so for the 4lb tub? I will have to wait and see what the reps will say when the release date gets further advanced.

Overall

A very versatile and thin protein powder that has a good taste. CL has been known for good flavoring in their products (Green mag i think is spectacular) and they did it in a protein product which will help expand their line. The mixibility showed 0 problems, but the cost factor will be a major debate. Due to protein not really being a product that makes $$ for companies its more of a marketing scheme due to the increase of raw materials recently and having this on their line will draw more consumers towards the CL line especially with the CL Labels and trading them in.
    A good formula, but the macros may draw people away, but overall i give this a thumbs up
  2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

5/5

I bought this during nutraplanet sale and tried both flavors this week.

1- no joke about clumps. It mixes with ease. I keep a funnel in my car since I tend to mix on the run in a bottle of spring water a lot. (such as deer park) With other protein, it usually clumps somewhere. Bottom of bottle, top of bottle near the mouth or floaters in between. With about 10 seconds of vigorous shaking, it mixes smoothly with absolutely no clumps.

2- The powder is not as fluffy as most protein and slides down smoothly into the bottle in a small funnel. It usually stops on the way down with most protein and I always have to find something to jam it down with. (Pen, straw, tire gauge,.....)

3- I mix 2 scoops with about 12 oz of water and the taste is unreal. It is not as thick as most protein and not overly sweet. The vanilla tastes like a vanilla shake. Best vanilla flavor I have tried bar none. Being a chocolate fan, I was anxious to try the chocolate flavor. The whiff of scent as I unsealed the bottle gave me a preview of amazing things to come. Kind of like hot chocolate mix like the solution said. It tastes like chocolate milk. An awesome chocolate milk. Best whey protein flavor I have ever tasted.

4- No whey breath or aftertaste at all.

I am an now a huge fan of Pronom 23. I can't imagine using anything else. I rushed to Nutraplanet site to get 4 more tubs - 2 vanilla and 2 chocolate. Amazing job with this protein powder Controlled Labs !!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post
    I bought this during nutraplanet sale and tried both flavors this week.

1- no joke about clumps. It mixes with ease. I keep a funnel in my car since I tend to mix on the run in a bottle of spring water a lot. (such as deer park) With other protein, it usually clumps somewhere. Bottom of bottle, top of bottle near the mouth or floaters in between. With about 10 seconds of vigorous shaking, it mixes smoothly with absolutely no clumps.

2- The powder is not as fluffy as most protein and slides down smoothly into the bottle in a small funnel. It usually stops on the way down with most protein and I always have to find something to jam it down with. (Pen, straw, tire gauge,.....)

3- I mix 2 scoops with about 12 oz of water and the taste is unreal. It is not as thick as most protein and not overly sweet. The vanilla tastes like a vanilla shake. Best vanilla flavor I have tried bar none. Being a chocolate fan, I was anxious to try the chocolate flavor. The whiff of scent as I unsealed the bottle gave me a preview of amazing things to come. Kind of like hot chocolate mix like the solution said. It tastes like chocolate milk. An awesome chocolate milk. Best whey protein flavor I have ever tasted.

4- No whey breath or aftertaste at all.

I am an now a huge fan of Pronom 23. I can't imagine using anything else. I rushed to Nutraplanet site to get 4 more tubs - 2 vanilla and 2 chocolate. Amazing job with this protein powder Controlled Labs !!!
    Pictures of how well it mixes.

4oz water, then 1 scoop vanilla + 1 scoop chocolate, then 8 oz of water.
    (no shaking)
    Name:  image-3516227215.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  381.9 KB

After 10 vigorous shakes
    Name:  image-2337908113.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  370.1 KB

After 40 additional vigorous shakes
    Name:  image-2695402446.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  364.2 KB
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

That's pretty awesome mixability there. That shaker cup looks awfully familiar.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Registered User

Lol, I have that same shaker cup. I'm good on protein for a while, but once I'm not I'm going to give this a whirl.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    That's pretty awesome mixability there. That shaker cup looks awfully familiar.
    Yeah, absolutely no powder or clumps after 10 seconds of shaking. It was really nice.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Lol, I have that same shaker cup. I'm good on protein for a while, but once I'm not I'm going to give this a whirl.
    I think you will like it Geo. I was a fan of Protean, but I think I like this thinner protein better. It was really more like chocolate milk than chocolate shake and I didn't feel bloated.
    I started a new log at:
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

5/5

I got a change to log this protein. I received the chocolate flavor.
    Taste 9/10 Both my wife and son (5 years old) have tried and liked it. They said it tastes like chocolate milk.
    Mixability 8/10 Mixes better in water than milk IMO. I too have used it to make pancakes/waffles with
    Protein matrix formula 8/10 Perfect blend of different proteins
    Overall 8/10 I did have a few clumps when mixing it with milk but really one of the best mixing protein powers and GREAT taste!!
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I got a change to log this protein. I received the chocolate flavor.
    Taste 9/10 Both my wife and son (5 years old) have tried and liked it. They said it tastes like chocolate milk.
    Mixability 8/10 Mixes better in water than milk IMO. I too have used it to make pancakes/waffles with
    Protein matrix formula 8/10 Perfect blend of different proteins
    Overall 8/10 I did have a few clumps when mixing it with milk but really one of the best mixing protein powers and GREAT taste!!
    I agree....it is an excellent overall protein. Love it as well
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

I put my original review up on nutraplanet's store. they didn't lie about the mixability, it's crazy how there's not a single clump. Also, the shaker I got with the bogo deal was sick (the one picture above in a previous post). Flavor is super good too, especially when mixed with skim or almond milk. Personally, I always add cinnamon or a banana which makes it even better.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

5/5

WOW had a sample of this from controlled labs thanks buy the way! and it was fantastic! no clumps as the label said but you know how every protein says that this one actually had NO CLUMPS! but thats not even the best part! it tasted freakin awesome! man i cant wait to buy a full tub! or two!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

4/5

Tried 2 sample packs of the chocolate cupcake batter. Tasted great, mixed great (used it in 1 cup greek yogurt) no clumps at all, mixed a lot thinner than i thought it woudl too since it is a blend. Macros are a little higher in fat than other proteins but not overly so. It is a high quality blend and really enjoyed it, top notch stuff once again.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

4/5

I had a bit of a problem mixing PROnom 23 in the shaker with the shaker ball and milk. Mixed great, did have 2 fingers of foam when I was done shaking, some residues on the sides.

Smelled like Chocolate Ice Cream to me.

Tasted good, nothing out of ordinary or better than other chocolate proteins. But it IS damn tasty!
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Thank you for the feedback
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Thank you AE! If it wasn't for your I wouldn't had the chance to try it!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I had the chocolate cupcake flavor!

first off, the taste of this was off the chain, it tasted more like a simple chocolate than a chocolate cupcake though! I really enjoyed it I have to say! The protein was one of the best for mixability and smoothness. I took two scoops per shake. There was absolutely no clumps and none of it stuck to the side of my shaker. My girlfriend also enjoyed this protein which is very rare.

the last thing of note is that there was no bad taste or bad breath afterwards. I really liked that!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

4/5

Okay so I have heard some bad things about them switching to coconut oil from sunflower oil so I put it to the test.First off let me say clumping is no issue as advertised if you put the suggested amount of water*8 ounces per serving*As for the profile....if you're contest prepping I would move more twords an isolate of some kind.For off season and the average gym junkie it's damn near perfect!Especially for women.Iron and calcium:)The vanilla cupcake flavor is best used with cereal or oatmeal.The chocolate flavor is the one you can drink for days.I can see myself ordering these again.My only problem with these is the damn 4 lbs trend.What in the world is with that?I like the old 5 lbs standard.The price is okay and well worth the taste.

My views on the taste are if you loved the old flavor....this shouldn't have changed it that much.I'm also a big fan of coconut oil so that's also a plus.I would like to see cinnamon swirl flavor and something with peanut butter.Really interested on what they can do with the flavors.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  191 lbs.

4/5

Got a 1/2 serving packet of the Vanilla Cupcake Batter. Not going to be able to report on gains or effects from a one try of any whey protein. However, I can report that the flavor of this was very good. It smelled and tasted just like cake batter to me. My son's (5 yrs old) smelled it and said it smelled like ice cream. I mixed the powder with approximately 5 oz. of water in a shaker cup and it did not clump or leave too much unmixed in my cup. Took it down in a few drinks to really get the taste and it was easy on the pallet. If you have a sweet tooth, you can't go wrong with this protein flavor.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Controlled Labs FREE Samples: PROnom 23, WF, PW & Green MAG!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
  2. jwa254 reviews and logs Controlled Labs PROnom 23
    By jwa254 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
  3. Cary tries PROnom 23 from Controlled Labs
    By Cary K in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
  4. Controlled Labs PROnom 23 Review - Chocolate and Vanilla