Syntha-6 (2.91 lbs.)
- 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
5 out of 5 rating for Syntha-6 (2.91 lbs.)
This was my first chance to try Syntha-6 and now I understand what all the fuss is about! As usual, I'm gonna break my review down into the 4 major categories--
Profile-Syntha-6 consists of a mix of the following proteins: Protein Matrix Comprised Of (Whey Protein Concentrate [Milk], Whey Protein Isolate [Milk], Calcium Caseinate [Milk], Micellar Casein [Milk], Milk Protein Isolate [Milk], And Egg Albumin [Egg], Glutamine Peptides [Wheat]). Throw in some MCTs and polydextrose and you have a truly formidable meal-replacement! It's not necessarily marketed as one, but if one is on a cut, this would be a great time to have Syntha-6. With the enzymes for digestion added, I gotta give Syntha-6 a 10/10. I mean, I really can't think of anything to add to it! Again, that's a 10/10...I never give that for protein!
Mixability--I've used it with water in a shaker cup and milk in a blender. Both times have given me a good mix with no side-clingers on my cup. There is no chalky feel while drinking it and it goes down quite smoothly...10/10!
Taste--I've never used fruit-flavored protein outside of the Gold Feast log that I'm running right now. I'm just a sweet tooth kind of guy. With that being said, if they all taste as good as Orange Smoothie, I need to reconsider. This flavor tastes very similar to an Orange Julius, with a little bit of vanilla, I imagine it would taste exactly the same! As it stands, it tastes like a orange sherbet Push-Up. Very, very tasty. The kind of thing I would sneak to a friend that always knocks the supp industry. It's that good and I've been giving samples to my friends. I'm kinda tight-fisted when it comes to my supps--but it's that good! 10/10!
Overall--I never give 10's. Maybe I have once before, but this flavor of Syntha-6 knocks it out of the park. I can't wait to run through all of the Syntha-6 flavors if they're even 75% as good as Orange Smoothie. 10/10!
- 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
fantastic now that they dropped the price a bit. the taste is is actually good and results are noticable
- 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM
That was my big hold off on buying it was the price - seemed like I was paying for a name. I'll reconsider it.By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
- 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
tastes great , provides the dense protein needed without the added fat. non bloating even at three scoops. great with water or milk. i don't see any reason except for the added carbs you would need the mass gainer from bsn when this has the amount of calories from protein instead. love bsn great products!
- 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I take Syntha 6 with water before I go to sleep with good results. I cannot confidently say that my gains are all from Syntha as I am taking a wide array of different supplements. However, it definitely helps with my recovery time and muscle soreness. I would suggest the Caramel Latte flavor to anyone. I mix a scoop with 2 servings of vanilla Greek yogurt as a snack and it taste awesome. I also like the chocolate milkshake flavor. Have tried cookies and cream, and well personally I think that flavor taste not so good and would only give it 4 stars because of that reason. Overall, BSN makes good products, might be a little pricey but worth the cash if you have it.
- 02-04-2013, 04:12 AM
I have a hard time telling whether protein actually works. I have a feeling that ALL protein works, just some in slightly more degrees then others. Muscletech, having heard is the worst, but looking at it's ingredients, it seems legit. I feel like sometimes these companies are bashed because of their other **** products, ie their PWO and ****.
On the case of Syntha-6
- Absolutely phenomenal. I cannot lie, i have yet to taste a better protein and all the flavours i've tried have been legitimate.
- Very great! No clumps, no sticking to side of blender bottle. Very easy to wash out.
- Like i said, hard to judge, however based on ingredients and it's purpose, i think it's great that you can up the servings and use it as a casein before bed. Obviously more mild then the proteins dedicated for casein but it's versatile. Great for meal replacement as well. You can really manage servings based on needs.
- A bit steep, especially if you need to modify servings based on needs. 5lbs for 46 bucks which isn't bad, and 29 for 2.91lbs online. In stores however, 36$ for 2.91 which is definitely quite a bit.
Not sure what else to judge it on
I currently use this protein because I'm in afghanistan and since mail time fluctuates A LOT, i have to rely on this sometimes.
My normal whey protein is
VPX Zero Carb or
Giant SPorts Delicious Protein
Similar Forum Threads
- By VMIgf-1 in forum PicsReplies: 9Last Post: 10-29-2003, 04:49 PM
- By Jones111 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2003, 01:45 AM
- By WYD02 in forum General ChatReplies: 12Last Post: 02-21-2003, 06:59 AM
- By Rhinoman in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2002, 06:48 PM