Why didn't Zyzz compete?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Anyone remember Zyzz? How come he didn't pursue competing?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Because his rig was average at best? Annnnd hes dead

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Average? He was a good tranny.
Fixed

Seriously though he was nothing special physique wise. Really the way that he lived and died should not be anything anyone looks up to in my opinion

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Fixed

Seriously though he was nothing special physique wise. Really the way that he lived and died should not be anything anyone looks up to in my opinion
Lol ok.....You are very very mistaken. Guy could have easily been competitive in the NPC.

DBA725E6-F5C4-4FAF-B689-AEA4A23592BC.jpeg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol ok.....You are very very mistaken. Guy could have easily been competitive in the NPC.

View attachment 158937
Competitive in what regard? Win some local competitions? Sure. Beyond that, I’d argue probably not on an Olympia level. Wasn’t he known to using a good bit of drugs? His lifestyle and drug use clearly wasn’t sustainable either, so there’s that.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I hear Zyzz I just think of the "I'm fawking zyzzz bruh" school story

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did he have a great body? Sure. Is he over hyped? Yes and no. A lot of people want to be like him, not too big and just in good shape. Is he anything you haven't seen before? Absolutely not. It all comes down to what you like yourself and personally I rather look like him than Ronnie Coleman but I'm also aware that they are not in the same league and I'm sure they could never be either.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Did he have a great body? Sure. Is he over hyped? Yes and no. A lot of people want to be like him, not too big and just in good shape. Is he anything you haven't seen before? Absolutely not. It all comes down to what you like yourself and personally I rather look like him than Ronnie Coleman but I'm also aware that they are not in the same league and I'm sure they could never be either.
The only division that is worthwhilie in my opinion is physique and classic physique. Other than that the guys look way too unnatural and not really my cup of tea.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only division that is worthwhilie in my opinion is physique and classic physique. Other than that the guys look way too unnatural and not really my cup of tea.
Then look not further. I rather be able to move like a teenager

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Then look not further. I rather be able to move like a teenager
Exactly and even though those guys in the heavyweight division are massive. they still move around like they are fat men. Ever see how they walk? They waddle like a penguin. No thanks I'll stay lean and cut.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I actually googled the find Yourself zyzz song to listen to it, and came to this forum and zyzz is the first thread haha.

Anyways I believe he could’ve competed down the road, he was just getting started, died pretty young. Also, I believe his audience was captured on a different platform.

Look at Slywalkers physique, it’s incredible and aspirable, but beyond social media I dont know that’d he’d have a big chance in competing either. It’s a different goal set.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually googled the find Yourself zyzz song to listen to it, and came to this forum and zyzz is the first thread haha.

Anyways I believe he could’ve competed down the road, he was just getting started, died pretty young. Also, I believe his audience was captured on a different platform.

Look at Slywalkers physique, it’s incredible and aspirable, but beyond social media I dont know that’d he’d have a big chance in competing either. It’s a different goal set.
It’s true he was just getting started in the sense of him being young and not in the game for that long, but it seems that his lifestyle sort of proved to be unsustainable. If he didn’t have that attitude and lifestyle, maybe he could have built a competitive physique over a few years, but it’s also possible that without his persona/personality/lifestyle he never would have been famous, so well known, but just another guy with a very solid physique.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
It’s true he was just getting started in the sense of him being young and not in the game for that long, but it seems that his lifestyle sort of proved to be unsustainable. If he didn’t have that attitude and lifestyle, maybe he could have built a competitive physique over a few years, but it’s also possible that without his persona/personality/lifestyle he never would have been famous, so well known, but just another guy with a very solid physique.
Yeah I believe he was also involved in drugs outside of Fitness....a lot of rumors involve him and cocaine, etc....all that could’ve been kicked and I believe he would still be here today. The whole aesthetics build type got so much attention because of his personality and social media presence I think, so I’m a sense he did kick start that movement’s popularity.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I believe he was also involved in drugs outside of Fitness....a lot of rumors involve him and cocaine, etc....all that could’ve been kicked and I believe he would still be here today. The whole aesthetics build type got so much attention because of his personality and social media presence I think, so I’m a sense he did kick start that movement’s popularity.
Yeah, I just can’t help but wonder if he didn’t do the recreational drugs, and party, and basically live that “lifestyle,” would anyone have remembered him or would he have gotten so popular? I’m not condoning his behavior by any means, and it’s sad he’s gone regardless. I suppose that even if those actions were vital in his “rise to fame,” maybe he could have kicked those bad habits and continued building a following and his physique going forward.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
He was too into partying... Just wanted attention etc.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Leaving the joking around out of it for this post as to know that the guy passed away young in a sauna while on vacation in Thailand. Very unfortunate to see that happen. There are assumptions he passed away while hungover from a night of heavy partying and taking a heavy stimmed pre workout containing DMAA the day he was found dead after a training session.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
He never consumed alcohol but believed that recreational drug use with stimulants was acceptable from what I have read. Lets be honest even though he may have never reached the pro ranks he easily could have been a multi millionaire through marketing in social media and fitness modeling.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He never consumed alcohol but believed that recreational drug use with stimulants was acceptable from what I have read. Lets be honest even though he may have never reached the pro ranks he easily could have been a multi millionaire through marketing in social media and fitness modeling.
I would agree that he likely would have had more potential as an online/social media celebrity/personality than as an actual successful competitor.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I would agree that he likely would have had more potential as an online/social media celebrity/personality than as an actual successful competitor.
Yes I agree also. We both know that many athletes become famous when never ever being successful as a pro or needing to win at that level. Social media has opened doors for many who never would have made a living in the fitness industry before it was created.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Yes I agree also. We both know that many athletes become famous when never ever being successful as a pro or needing to win at that level. Social media has opened doors for many who never would have made a living in the fitness industry before it was created.
If he wasn't so busy partying

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's odd to me how people idolize this clown, but will attack a guy who wants to drink a beer or two on an andro cycle. Lol

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
It's odd to me how people idolize this clown, but will attack a guy who wants to drink a beer or two on an andro cycle. Lol
Because alcohol is detrimental to gains and your health while on and off cycle. One of the ten commandments of bodybuilding is that you agree to not drink booze. Stims are fine even though I don't dabble in anything more than pre workout powder. Cocaine is one of the most used recreational drugs in the bodybuilding community. What do bodybuilders do when they are out who choose to party? Snort lines and drop X while sipping on a bottle of water. Also many take liquid G. Some of these guys even snort lines at the gym.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Because alcohol is detrimental to gains and your health while on and off cycle. One of the ten commandments of bodybuilding is that you agree to not drink booze. Stims are fine even though I don't dabble in anything more than pre workout powder. Cocaine is one of the most used recreational drugs in the bodybuilding community. What do bodybuilders do when they are out who choose to party? Snort lines and drop X while sipping on a bottle of water. Also many take liquid G. Some of these guys even snort lines at the gym.
Lol but cocaine and MDMA are not detrimental to health and gains?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Lol but cocaine and MDMA are not detrimental to health and gains?
I wouldn't think so considering their are plenty of pros and high end amateurs who dabble in it but never touch alcohol.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wouldn't think so considering their are plenty of pros and high end amateurs who dabble in it but never touch alcohol.
Just like most things in the world, moderation is key. Obviously drinking every day is bad for you whether your lift weights or not. As is any other illicit drug.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I just can’t help but wonder if he didn’t do the recreational drugs, and party, and basically live that “lifestyle,” would anyone have remembered him or would he have gotten so popular? I’m not condoning his behavior by any means, and it’s sad he’s gone regardless. I suppose that even if those actions were vital in his “rise to fame,” maybe he could have kicked those bad habits and continued building a following and his physique going forward.
That's kind of like asking if the Jersey Shore Guys would have been household names of of their builds if they hadn't been on Jersey Shore... Answer is NO!
No doubt!

Jeez man there are no 10 commandments of bodybuilding just levels of douchery trying to act like idealism has any place in a sport that is perfectly okay with illegal drug use....

Also pretty ridiculous to think that illegal stimulants like cocaine and methamphetamine are safer on gear than alcohol... Most MDMA out there has amphetamine in it now a days. Gear tends to increase BP quite a bit and it is "healthy" or even "not unhealthy" to use something that could easily exacerbate the issue and cause a stroke or worse... NO NO NO!

When a gearhead OD's on cocaine they blame it on the coke not gear but it was the COMBINATION... When coke is involved is one of the few times that gear won't be unjustifiably demonized and blamed for everything gone wrong.

Plenty of pros who do drink on occasion also... by the way cocaine on it's own kills more than gear, or gear and alcohol, same with MDMA... So what you are saying is the health isn't the concern here. Being slightly less efficient at gains is the far worse bodybuilding sin? Last time I checked Death was very catabolic!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
That's kind of like asking if the Jersey Shore Guys would have been household names of of their builds if they hadn't been on Jersey Shore... Answer is NO!
No doubt!

Jeez man there are no 10 commandments of bodybuilding just levels of douchery trying to act like idealism has any place in a sport that is perfectly okay with illegal drug use....

Also pretty ridiculous to think that illegal stimulants like cocaine and methamphetamine are safer on gear than alcohol... Most MDMA out there has amphetamine in it now a days. Gear tends to increase BP quite a bit and it is "healthy" or even "not unhealthy" to use something that could easily exacerbate the issue and cause a stroke or worse... NO NO NO!

When a gearhead OD's on cocaine they blame it on the coke not gear but it was the COMBINATION... When coke is involved is one of the few times that gear won't be unjustifiably demonized and blamed for everything gone wrong.

Plenty of pros who do drink on occasion also... by the way cocaine on it's own kills more than gear, or gear and alcohol, same with MDMA... So what you are saying is the health isn't the concern here. Being slightly less efficient at gains is the far worse bodybuilding sin? Last time I checked Death was very catabolic!
I miss those coke days. God what a fukkin addicting drug

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mushrooms > Coke, imo

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Mushrooms > Coke, imo
Shrooms had me tripping hard as a teen... Very bad experience!

Recently, I've been researching low dose shrooms for anxiety, PTSD, depression etc.

Very low dose. Like one cap.

It works.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I miss those coke days. God what a fukkin addicting drug
Lucky for me, I never liked the way it made me feel I remember doing it with some friends who had an 8ball and being all paranoid and way too hyped up. I wasn't enjoying myself at all but I wanted more when I was coming down. I knew it wasn't for me at that point. Anything that made me feel that unpleasant but was so addictive I wanted more when the effects were wearing off was just a big NO for me.

Mushrooms > Coke, imo
Agreed, any hallucinogenic for that matter.
Shrooms had me tripping hard as a teen... Very bad experience!

Recently, I've been researching low dose shrooms for anxiety, PTSD, depression etc.

Very low dose. Like one cap.

It works.
Very interesting... lots of places around my area to go shrooming. We had a couple friends that would go with an igloo cooler and fill it up in the pastures and then come back and we would all divy it up. So many of them he just filled gallon bags full of them and gave them to his friends...

Some wild trips from that... Once one of the guys went to go to the bathroom and got distracted looking in the mirror and pissed himself... totally forgot to unzip and everything... We called his sister and made her take him home... fool ate like 15 caps!!!!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well this is false. Getting **** canned every night is bad for you. Having a glass of wine or a whiskey isn't. Snorting 8 balls every night is bad for you. Snorting a line off a strippers booty hole isn't.

Also, endorsing cocaine over alcohol seems... idk. Odd? Weed is the drug of choice for most lifters i know

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well this is false. Getting **** canned every night is bad for you. Having a glass of wine or a whiskey isn't. Snorting 8 balls every night is bad for you. Snorting a line off a strippers booty hole isn't.

Also, endorsing cocaine over alcohol seems... idk. Odd? Weed is the drug of choice for most lifters i know
I think for most people I know for that matter.

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Never liked any recreation drugs except weed which I use daily and has improved my level of life enormously. I always wanted to stay away from ****ty coke and pills which I have no idea at all what they may have inside.

Go green people.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Lucky for me, I never liked the way it made me feel I remember doing it with some friends who had an 8ball and being all paranoid and way too hyped up. I wasn't enjoying myself at all but I wanted more when I was coming down. I knew it wasn't for me at that point. Anything that made me feel that unpleasant but was so addictive I wanted more when the effects were wearing off was just a big NO for me.

Very interesting... lots of places around my area to go shrooming. We had a couple friends that would go with an igloo cooler and fill it up in the pastures and then come back and we would all divy it up. So many of them he just filled gallon bags full of them and gave them to his friends...

Some wild trips from that... Once one of the guys went to go to the bathroom and got distracted looking in the mirror and pissed himself... totally forgot to unzip and everything... We called his sister and made her take him home... fool ate like 15 caps!!!!
LMAO. I just had a similar experience... Maybe you had bad yayo. I would get the **** right off the boat... Sounds like yours was cut with a stim...

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

I live by joshua tree... Take a cap. Go hike.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Never liked any recreation drugs except weed which I use daily and has improved my level of life enormously. I always wanted to stay away from ****ty coke and pills which I have no idea at all what they may have inside.

Go green people.
Is it just me or does weed give you a knarly pump???

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Blow is a drug that tortures you after a while. In the beginning when you discover and start to do it it feels great. Lots of confidence and you just want to be nice to everyone and stay out all night long with no worries. Then for some reason after a while of going out and doing the drug, it starts making you feel geeked out and pyranoid and you just want more when you come down. Even though you don't want to be social with anyone and are on edge looking for the first place to go and hang out in private. Then after a weekend you are so pissed at yourself cause you blew a bunch of money you could have used for more worthwhile things.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Blow is a drug that tortures you after a while. In the beginning when you discover and start to do it it feels great. Lots of confidence and you just want to be nice to everyone and stay out all night long with no worries. Then for some reason after a while of going out and doing the drug, it starts making you feel geeked out and pyranoid and you just want more when you come down. Even though you don't want to be social with anyone and are on edge looking for the first place to go and hang out in private. Then after a weekend you are so pissed at yourself cause you blew a bunch of money you could have used for more worthwhile things.
Yep. Weird huh?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Yep. Weird huh?
Yeah in my early 20's I did lots of it. Once I built up a tolerance to it, I had nights where I would go through a half ounce on my own. There were times where I Would have a bunch on a cd case and I would just lick it off cause I loved the way it numbed me up. Plus I was nervous someone was going to walk in the room and see it. I don't miss those days one bit. I could write a chapter in a NA book about how much of a waste of time it is.