How to lose body fat for women?

Monchie

Monchie

Awards
Hello everyone, this post is for my wife. She's a mother of two. She's 5'11" and she weights 190. She's been busting her ass at the gym for the last 2 months. She's doing really good with her diet which is 4oz Tilapia and greens for her lunch and dinner. For breakfast she has 3 egg whites and her morning protein shake. She joined a 12 week boot camp where they track her every week also they give her a guideline for food. She's showing some muscle but she still has a good amount of fat that she's not too happy about. Like I said she's a mother of 2 so I know that is one of the issues with her fat. But can someone recommend something for her just to lose body fat. Thank you so much for your Info.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Has she tried any good fat burners out there?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, thats not good fat burners. Atleast I dont think so personally. Others might tell you different

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But I would definetly look in to getting one for her

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You could try Evlution Nutrition Trans4orm from bb.com. It is a pretty good thermogenic from my experience. I'm sure some others on here could have some other recommendations. But I like Trans4ofm

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They have a capsule or powder

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At Olympus Labs we have Ignite, Assassinate, Bloodshred, and Forslean for different fat-burning options. Also, my wife has had good luck with her trouble-spot areas using Evomuse Supernova.

If you want, you can browse the product write-ups/descriptions on our site or check out the Q&A threads in our subforum. PM me if you have any questions. Also, VO2Maxima is our resident demigoddess and a supplement wiz. She might have some suggestions for your wife.

http://olympus-labs.com/

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is she currently losing weight on the diet she's on? How fast is her weight loss? What are her current macros? That sounds like a pretty boring diet and probably overly low calories...she might not need that yet and if she's too restrictive now, she may end up putting it all back on quickly later.
Also, what type of training has she been doing? The right training will help shift that weight loss to losing more fat versus losing muscle.

If she wanted to add in a burner, I'd say to look into either Ignit3 or Bloodshr3d. Bloodshr3d would be my top pick if she needs something for appetite and energy suppression, otherwise Ignit3 is our most comprehensive stimmed burner. Both of those are potent, start with less than a half dose to test tolerance! For Bloodshr3d, Raw is the more potent of the two, though some people have anxiety-related side effects associated with rauwolscine.
Also, if her training has a lot of cardio, Sup3r-Shred might be a cool thing to add, as it'll increase endurance and switch the body's preferred fuel source from carbs to lipids, BUT at 5'11 190, I'd hope there's not much cardio in there yet (unless she's carrying that weight very well...but a woman would have to be pretty jacked to be lean at those stats).

Monchie

Monchie

Awards
Is she currently losing weight on the diet she's on? How fast is her weight loss? What are her current macros? That sounds like a pretty boring diet and probably overly low calories...she might not need that yet and if she's too restrictive now, she may end up putting it all back on quickly later.
Also, what type of training has she been doing? The right training will help shift that weight loss to losing more fat versus losing muscle.

If she wanted to add in a burner, I'd say to look into either Ignit3 or Bloodshr3d. Bloodshr3d would be my top pick if she needs something for appetite and energy suppression, otherwise Ignit3 is our most comprehensive stimmed burner. Both of those are potent, start with less than a half dose to test tolerance! For Bloodshr3d, Raw is the more potent of the two, though some people have anxiety-related side effects associated with rauwolscine.
Also, if her training has a lot of cardio, Sup3r-Shred might be a cool thing to add, as it'll increase endurance and switch the body's preferred fuel source from carbs to lipids, BUT at 5'11 190, I'd hope there's not much cardio in there yet (unless she's carrying that weight very well...but a woman would have to be pretty jacked to be lean at those stats).
It's mostly cardio there with light weights. Yes she's trying to get into shape. The gym has been challenging for her since she has developed arthritis in her lower back. It's difficult for her to do sit-ups because of it so we bought her an inflatable ball so that it can support her lower back. Her diet has been in issue in the past but she's finally got it down. Sad to say it took her X amount of years but she's gotten a good grip on it.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's mostly cardio there with light weights. Yes she's trying to get into shape. The gym has been challenging for her since she has developed arthritis in her lower back. It's difficult for her to do sit-ups because of it so we bought her an inflatable ball so that it can support her lower back. Her diet has been in issue in the past but she's finally got it down. Sad to say it took her X amount of years but she's gotten a good grip on it.
Putting her on a program that's primarily cardio is going to result in muscle loss. It'll cause fat loss too, but the proportion won't be as favorable as focusing on weights and causing the caloric deficit through food rather than cardio.

Movement and exercise will help arthritis. That includes big compound movements that utilize the lower back, like squats and deadlifts (though in a case like hers, it's critical that you find someone who can help her with technique and form). The stronger her lower back, the better off she will be. Front squats, SSB squats, sumo deads, trap bar deads, and rack/block pulls may keep her torso more upright and have less shear force on the lower back than low-bar and conventional, and will still be big movements that could be subbed into a beginner strength training program in place of whatever is programmed, though even with those movements, if necessary find someone very experienced with coaching technique. If situps are problematic, she could avoid them altogether...it's not like they're an exercise staple.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Diet, Cardio twice a week, and Weight Lifting 3-4 times a week.. I don't do sit-ups, because I believe it's bad for your lower back..

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
My wife is doing carb-cycling, AND eating in the "intermittent fasting" protocol. Also, she works out with me and lifts heavy weight, mild cardio (5-day bro split). She's leaning and toning like you wouldn't believe! She's also taking Skald powder fat burner. She's lost almost 30lbs since November, but the REAL changes came when she started lifting with me in mid-January

CJuggernaut

CJuggernaut

Board Sponsor
Awards
She's under eating for starters. Run those macros and you'll see they are really low across the board. I'd work on her diet, workouts and cardio as priority over any fatburner. Once those are online then introduce a fatburner once she stalls for more then a few weeks.

ZedzGod

ZedzGod

Awards
She's under eating for starters. Run those macros and you'll see they are really low across the board. I'd work on her diet, workouts and cardio as priority over any fatburner. Once those are online then introduce a fatburner once she stalls for more then a few weeks.
Macros are huge. IMHO, diet is 70% of fitness.
As for cardio, I suggest high intensity intervals. Wind sprints are my favorite. Keep the resistance training up too, it does wonders for the metabolism. Meal frequency is a good way to keep the metabolism running high as well.