T3 or not to T3

1. T3 or not to T3

Hi, I have recently had some bloods done as haven't been feeling quite right and fat loss has ground to a halt.

I was hoping for some advice on wether my thyroid levels are low enough for a 25mcg daily dose of T3 for a boost in energy, fat loss and genera well being. TBH I'd rather not take it as concerned with strength loss but if people think it would help I'll crack on.

These are my results followed by the average range. Seems like I'm on the lower side of normal for most. Nobody wants to on the low side of average of anything!

FT4: 17.73 (12-22) pmol/L

T4: 73.5 (59-154) pmol/L

TSH: 2.65 (0.27-4.2) miU/L

FT3: 3.66 (3.1-6.8) pmol/L

TGAB: 10 (0-115) iu/ml

TPOAB: 5.73 (0-34) iu/ml

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. You’ve got to be kidding me!

How long have you been in a deficit? How much of a deficit? How much have you lost?
    •   

3. I've maintained a 40kg loss for roughly ten years. Have spent most of it hovering around 100kg. I'm over dieted I know that, I'm concerned about raising calories and fat gain.
  4. You’ve got to be kidding me!

You've tanked you metabolism. Before I used T3 I would recommend that you try a good solid 48hrs + refeed with generous amounts of simple/complex carbs at maybe a 300-500 calories surplus. Then return to your new maintenance level calories for a several weeks or more. Retest and see where you are then before considering using hormones JMHO.

5. Great advice ^^
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
    •   

6. I've been cyclically dieting for 3 plus years, with twice weekly refeeds. I have stopped short of a full diet break so might have to bite the bullet. Thanks

7. I would incorporate some of the ideas the guys have said on here. Do a njce refeed day or incorporate some intense carb cycling. Also increase volume of training heavy weight working to constant failure 8-12 reps 20-30 working sets for let's say chest and back with super sets, dropsets, and rest pause (almost like fortitude training) this will also crush your CNS and with that hard of training you should be starving

8. Quote Originally Posted by fitfreak_CP View Post
    I would incorporate some of the ideas the guys have said on here. Do a njce refeed day or incorporate some intense carb cycling. Also increase volume of training heavy weight working to constant failure 8-12 reps 20-30 working sets for let's say chest and back with super sets, dropsets, and rest pause (almost like fortitude training) this will also crush your CNS and with that hard of training you should be starving
    drop sets are brutal but worth it. I couldn't have said it better. Follow fit freak's advice
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stop or not stop T3?
    By alwaysfirst in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 08:39 AM
  2. To taper T3 or not to taper T3
    By da_tank55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 01:35 AM
  3. To T3 or not to T3... more Test instead ?
    By limitless3679 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM
  4. t3 or not to t3?
    By pyrobatt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM