Olympia dfs

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys just had a thought and before I put the work into it I wanted to see if there would be enough of an interest to make it worth doing.

I was thinking about creating a daily fantasy game for am community. For those of you who don't know about dfs it's basically a contest where you get a salary cap and have to fill out a roster of players with each player being assigned a value. The only requirement would be you cannot go over the salary cap.

So in this regards I would create salaries for each of the competitors in the open. How I would do this idk yet exactly but Phil would be the most expensive and perhaps Vegas odds would be a good way to do it. Anyhow. Points would be accumulated via placement, with the highest points for top five, for example. First would get say 50 points, second would get 40, third 30 and then the points would keep dropping until you run out of competitors. There'd be some sort of tiebreaker scenario as well, was thinking about picking your choice for winners of the other divisions and go from there.

No cost to play. No prizes either, unless a supp company wanted to get on board and offer something to winners or what not but in any case not counting on that. And to make things fair,if a supp company or someone donates a prize for winners then we could have a vote as to my eligibility to win as I'll be setting the prices.

Anyhow this is just for fun but it'll definitely take some time and work on my part to create prices and then tabulate scores at the end so I really want to see if there's enough interest out there. Sub if you're in and if you have any questions about anything just post or pm. Thanks