Levrone is Back doing the O

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on his return to this year's O?

B

blondbencher

Awards
That's badass! Just googled it and he looks pretty stout gauging from a recent pic.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he places well at this point, it will be highly political as his size in recent pics is far off from the current pros. Unless the judges take a completely different angle to judging this year.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IMO Kevin needs at least a full year to get into shape. He is one of my favorite BB'ers BUT he has maybe 6-8 more weeks to bulk before he has to cut. I see him cracking the top 10 but perhaps at 225.....

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
IMO this could really end up hurting his legacy if he places out of the top 5.

I still feel this is all a publicity stunt for his new supplement line that is about to get introduced in the US (as its been overseas mostly like Scitec and Ronnie when he first started)

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I still feel this is all a publicity stunt for his new supplement line that is about to get introduced in the US (as its been overseas mostly like Scitec and Ronnie when he first started)
Agreed. Gaspari, Labrada etc all shrunk down (rightfully so) but when their lines started doing well, they all of a sudden got into great shape. Kevin is no different. He looked like the normal recreational lifter but by doing this, definitely trying to build brand credibility...

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Totally agree..He is in the IFBB Hall of Fame and is the 3rd winningest BB'er ever....what does he have to prove?

Will not defeat Heath....will not defeat Dex....will not defeat Rhoden........what else is there...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally agree..He is in the IFBB Hall of Fame and is the 3rd winningest BB'er ever....what does he have to prove?

Will not defeat Heath....will not defeat Dex....will not defeat Rhoden........what else is there...
How many average people buying supplements know who he is though? Yeah, fans of bodybuilding probably know, but the the average "bro" probably only knows modern pros like Ronnie, Jay, Heath, Kai, and a few older guys like Arnold and maybe Yates. For the average consumer or potential customer, just the publicity it gives him, putting him back in the spotlight (perhaps the first time many people hear of or see him) may be more important from a publicity/advertising/sales standpoint than actually winning/placing. I'm sure he'll still look insane/huge/amazing to the average supplement user; I'm sure he'll look much better than a ton of the of various YouTube stars who have their own lines now.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If he places well at this point, it will be highly political as his size in recent pics is far off from the current pros. Unless the judges take a completely different angle to judging this year.
Keep in mind he is a hyper responder. I knkw what you mean, hes really small compared to others, but i wouldnt be suprised if hes in the top five and because he belongs. Dudes a genetic anomolly. The doctors told him he had the knees of a 25 year old lmao.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Gaspari, Labrada etc all shrunk down (rightfully so) but when their lines started doing well, they all of a sudden got into great shape. Kevin is no different. He looked like the normal recreational lifter but by doing this, definitely trying to build brand credibility...
Idk if i agree with that. This dude will be pushing his limits. This isnt a smaller show, or even the arnold. Its the O and the pressure is massive because his reputation is on the line. Forget his supp company, its kevin levrone man. Dude is a legend.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just saw this... Hes gettting big man lol[video]https://youtu.be/er9gFgKqIys[/video]

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He is certainly a great responder..I am saying top 7

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
"Consistency is the key to your immensity." -KL

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I like Kevin but here is the list of dudes that Should beat him at the O:

Phil, Kai, Dennis, Shawn, Dallas, Compton, Kuclo, hell even Branch will beat him

Hopefully Kevin will prove me wrong because I LOVE the Kevin of old and I don't want to see him destroy his legacy with a terrible placing

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How many average people buying supplements know who he is though? Yeah, fans of bodybuilding probably know, but the the average "bro" probably only knows modern pros like Ronnie, Jay, Heath, Kai, and a few older guys like Arnold and maybe Yates. For the average consumer or potential customer, just the publicity it gives him, putting him back in the spotlight (perhaps the first time many people hear of or see him) may be more important from a publicity/advertising/sales standpoint than actually winning/placing. I'm sure he'll still look insane/huge/amazing to the average supplement user; I'm sure he'll look much better than a ton of the of various YouTube stars who have their own lines now.
This is true. To be honest, I followed this more as a teenager than I do now, and while I'm aware of the new guys, like Kai and Dexter, etc. - my era is the Yates era, and Levrone was world class.

This may be politically based, but it could be good for the sport. A guy out of his prime, coming back one more time, just to test himself - this is always a good story and will draw some people into the sport to watch it. Whether he places 5th, 10th, 15th - it will get people looking.

Arnold did this in 1980 for his last O, and it was highly political - but even still he was impressive. And Arnold had less time to prepare than Levrone.

And as everyone else has said, these guys are freaks. They can look at a weight the right way and their muscles respond. None of the guys on that stage are "normal".

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is true. To be honest, I followed this more as a teenager than I do now, and while I'm aware of the new guys, like Kai and Dexter, etc. - my era is the Yates era, and Levrone was world class.

This may be politically based, but it could be good for the sport. A guy out of his prime, coming back one more time, just to test himself - this is always a good story and will draw some people into the sport to watch it. Whether he places 5th, 10th, 15th - it will get people looking.

Arnold did this in 1980 for his last O, and it was highly political - but even still he was impressive. And Arnold had less time to prepare than Levrone.

And as everyone else has said, these guys are freaks. They can look at a weight the right way and their muscles respond. None of the guys on that stage are "normal".
I agree.

I have been wondering if the differences in the drugs now will produce a different physique for levrone.

Also as another side point. Dennis wolf posted a pic not long ago signing his contract and he looked horrible. Small, sick and all that. But come olympia day he will be rediculous. Anything is possible. But phils back is unearthly! Just absolutely nasty.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
I would love to see Juan "Diesel" Morel finish top 5 this year. He is a good guy and has one of the strongest work ethics in the business.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would love to see Juan "Diesel" Morel finish top 5 this year. He is a good guy and has one of the strongest work ethics in the business.
I think hes taking the whole year off to grow. Hasnt had an off season in years apparently

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Clock is ticking as everyone is now in cutting mode. Anyone think Levrone will bail at last minute? Flu? Ninja Attack? Injury?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Clock is ticking as everyone is now in cutting mode. Anyone think Levrone will bail at last minute? Flu? Ninja Attack? Injury?
Flex was all about them Ninjas.....but as of NOW I do not think Levrone will bail out as he is now on ALL of the press releases

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
The Maryland Muscle is back!
Most people don't realize, Kevin is not bulking/cutting, he is growing into the show. Since this original post, that man has probably put on 20lbs. I saw him a couple weeks ago and would guess he was about 250. He is bringing back the old school style... sunkin' in cheek bones and all.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Most people don't realize, Kevin is not bulking/cutting, he is growing into the show. Since this original post, that man has probably put on 20lbs. I saw him a couple weeks ago and would guess he was about 250. He is bringing back the old school style... sunkin' in cheek bones and all.
I don't think he will place to high, but only time will tell!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
He still won't win

He will be competing for 6th through 10th

He needs this for MONEY to pay off some debts

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I don't think he will place to high, but only time will tell!
He still won't win
I dont know if he will win it, but I dont think he will get smoked.
Either way, a 52 year old man coming back to compete in Mr. O is crazy. Def not a small task. "IF" he places well, I do think it will change the landscape of BB back to an old school structure.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He still won't win

I personally think top 5. He's got ALOT of time especially considering his previous prep times. I think he's playing people with that recent photoshoot. Looked so flat. Lol watch him swoop in and shock people...

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
My whole thing is, he's never ever had good legs. Like they were massive and fit his body, BUT they weren't shredded

Yes, all of his pictures show a crazy upper body, but he hasn't shown one leg progress pic?!?!? NOW, why is that?

I don't want to seem like a hater because Kevin has always been one of my favorites, but I think people are betting on him too much in my mind

JP10

JP10

Awards
He just had more footage come out, yes he looks huge, but in comparison to the competition... C'mon lol. No way he breaks top 6.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My whole thing is, he's never ever had good legs. Like they were massive and fit his body, BUT they weren't shredded

Yes, all of his pictures show a crazy upper body, but he hasn't shown one leg progress pic?!?!? NOW, why is that?

I don't want to seem like a hater because Kevin has always been one of my favorites, but I think people are betting on him too much in my mind
You may be very right about this. Who knows. But let's just play devil's advocate. They say one of the biggest differences between the 90s and today are the mind games they would play and the cerebral aspect. Kevin was known for this. Now let's just say his recent magazine shoot, where he looked worse than those progress pics that came out a few weeks prior, was done while he was depleted on purpose. Maybe his legs which EVERYONE IS SPECULATING ON are even better than before and he just isn't showing them... or he's struggling to bring them up lmao. who knows...

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally can't stand Phil Heath,i think he's one of the worst personalites in the industry, but man his rear double bicep pose is so damn wicked....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You may be very right about this. Who knows. But let's just play devil's advocate. They say one of the biggest differences between the 90s and today are the mind games they would play and the cerebral aspect. Kevin was known for this. Now let's just say his recent magazine shoot, where he looked worse than those progress pics that came out a few weeks prior, was done while he was depleted on purpose. Maybe his legs which EVERYONE IS SPECULATING ON are even better than before and he just isn't showing them... or he's struggling to bring them up lmao. who knows...
Might as well be speculating that Levrone has found the fountain of youth and is in better shape than he was 20 years ago. There's just not enough evidence either way, which to your mind game point, may be the case - but if he is playing mind games like that, he may shock us, but he isn't expecting to beat some of the big guys if they can prepare for him, which means he's not that far ahead. If he was ripped and shredded and ginormous, he'd be putting up those photos so that 6-10 were thinking, "Pack it in, no way I can compete with that".

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Might as well be speculating that Levrone has found the fountain of youth and is in better shape than he was 20 years ago. There's just not enough evidence either way, which to your mind game point, may be the case - but if he is playing mind games like that, he may shock us, but he isn't expecting to beat some of the big guys if they can prepare for him, which means he's not that far ahead. If he was ripped and shredded and ginormous, he'd be putting up those photos so that 6-10 were thinking, "Pack it in, no way I can compete with that".
Yea who knows, but these dudes always grew into he show. People said Kevin's usual preps he was never this lean before with this much time. I think it's really up in the air and depends on his genetics. Also in regards to his fountain of youth his knees were tested and were said to be as fresh as those of a 25 year old. No matter what we say that man is an anomaly and I can't wait to see the show

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Levrone has stated "he is forbidden from showing full body poses or his legs until show time"

NOW this could be part of his MD contract, or another contract with someone

OR it could be Levrone is just playing coy and hiding what he got!!!

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Levrone has stated "he is forbidden from showing full body poses or his legs until show time"
NOW this could be part of his MD contract, or another contract with someone
OR it could be Levrone is just playing coy and hiding what he got!!!
I saw that video, must be some contractual thing.
He posted a pic of his calf, looked like a road map he had so many veins.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
any guy shows up at the Mr. O stage and looses to a 50+ Kevin leverone needs to look for a new career path. I would love to see Kevin step on stage looking awesome but if he can seriously step on stage after being back in the gym for a year and beat a few guys then the guys he beats should hang themselves lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
any guy shows up at the Mr. O stage and looses to a 50+ Kevin leverone needs to look for a new career path. I would love to see Kevin step on stage looking awesome but if he can seriously step on stage after being back in the gym for a year and beat a few guys then the guys he beats should hang themselves lol
Cmon man. Genetics... he's going to beat alot of guys, that's not even a question. And you make it seem like he's just a regular guy. Dude is one of the BEST bodybuilders. Idk about where he will place, but he will place before alot of guys on that stage.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Cmon man. Genetics... he's going to beat alot of guys, that's not even a question. And you make it seem like he's just a regular guy. Dude is one of the BEST bodybuilders. Idk about where he will place, but he will place before alot of guys on that stage.
^^^THIS^^^

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep in mind too that he has a history behind him that few people have. Arnold came back and won an Olympia and he certainly wasn't the best on the stage. But it was still impressive and coupled with his history, it pushed him to the #1 spot. If he's worthy of 11, he will place 8th based on that alone I bet.

oldave

oldave

Awards
^this^

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
latest pics of levrone are wild... idk fellas this is getting good though...

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
[video=youtube;aY0E2sxxKd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY0E2sxxKd0[/video]

THIS DUDE, is gonna be a tough one to beat. Granted I still think its the Phil show until he decides to retire, but Dexter will PUSH him to the limit

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
I'd like to see Levrone place in the top 5, I'm more eager to see a better conditioned Ramy though

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I think so far Levrone looks great but it is so hard to tell not seeing him side by side with other competitors. Im rooting for him and hope he really, really does well. Either way this is one of the most exciting things to happen in bodybuilding in a very long time. He is a genetic freak for sure so if anyone an pull this off and do it respectably it is him.
Oh and someone pointed out Dexter, he is another genetic freak. I have never seen that guy off or in bad condition, ever. On or off season whatever, he always looks amazing. I almost think it hurts him. He looks so good all the time I feel like they just see him as öh there he is, Dexter is Dexter" and dont give him credit for just how damn good he really looks!

balos

balos

Awards
I too would like to see Levrone in the top 6, although it will be difficult

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I saw Kevin 2-weeks ago, and he looks fantastic. I don't think he will out muscle the other guys, but his proportions are phenomenal. Its nice to see a BB these days with cheek bones showing, and NO blown out gut with abs.

Either way, I think Kevin's come back is going to revolutionize the BB industry. If anything, he is bringing it back to life. Check out the videos he is posting on his FB page, good stuff.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
[video]https://youtu.be/h0P_yfIK74w[/video]