Does anyone know when or where some powerlifting meets are for High school in Missour

Austinstarkey

Awards
I'm wondering if any was has any idea where or when so powerlifting meets are in Missouri? How do you think I would do right now I'm weighing about 175-178 but could easily cut to 160-165. My lifts are
Deadlift- 475 raw
Squat-455 raw
Bench-275 raw
Power Clean- 255
Im 17 right now if that matters and I know my bench is pretty weak...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My high school always participated in these.. no clue how to find em, but powerlifting in high school is pretty damn competitive in the state i live in.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Powerliftingwatch.com look up meets, do the next one close to you. Read all the "first powerlifting meet" articles you can find on elitefts.com and have fun! Those are excellent lifts for your age and weight, even bench. I wouldn't worry about cutting weight, just come in strong and put your best foot forward.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I'm from Missouri and we would do 3 meets a year. I'll ask my old coach which ones do what and when for you.
Honestly you'll do OK at that weight but shaving a few pounds for it wouldn't hurt because the weight class below you is much much easier to compete in. I would cut from 150lbs down to below 140 because that class was super easy lol. I put up 235lbs @138lbs on bench my senior year.