Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, he won't.

Anyone going?

Spanner

Awards
I had been put off Phil Heath due to his perceived arrogance but after watching his videos in the run up to the Mr O, I have changed my mind as he seems a lot humbler now that there is so much vitriol aimed at him.
Conversely , I now think that Kai Greene is a bit bonkers and find myself annoyed at his endless Psycho-babble.
I mention this because so many people want Kai to win just because they hate Phil Heath. Ultimately, I think that Heath has the better balanced physique that is only marred by his gut. Kai's gut seems to be over-looked.
If Dennis Wolf came in looking like he did in 2007 then he would be top 3. Neither Heath or Greene look as good as they did 4-5 years ago.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had been put off Phil Heath due to his perceived arrogance but after watching his videos in the run up to the Mr O, I have changed my mind as he seems a lot humbler now that there is so much vitriol aimed at him.
Conversely , I now think that Kai Greene is a bit bonkers and find myself annoyed at his endless Psycho-babble.
I mention this because so many people want Kai to win just because they hate Phil Heath. Ultimately, I think that Heath has the better balanced physique that is only marred by his gut. Kai's gut seems to be over-looked.
If Dennis Wolf came in looking like he did in 2007 then he would be top 3. Neither Heath or Greene look as good as they did 4-5 years ago.
Agree with the points on Phil and Kai. The only thing that bothers me about Phil is his thin skin at times and the way he interacts with people on social media. You're Mr Olympia... Who cares what people say on social media.

Spanner

Awards
I think Kai gets under Phil's skin and even bullies him a bit on stage. Is it show-boating? I think it will be Heath( if he is in condition), Kai ( if he turns up)' Rhoden, Wolf, Jackson, Macmillan and Ramy.
Looking forward to it.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want Kai to win but idt it will happen.

Phil
Kai
Big Ramy

vividxtc

vividxtc

Awards
Phil
Kai
Shawn
Dexter
Ramy

No one else has shown a big enough change in previous years to make the jump, Kai won't win due to politics and sounds like whatever he is doing is driving him crazy. Dexter and Shawn have almost the same physique so whoever really comes in on point will take 3rd the other will take 4th. Ramy has made a ton of progress in the last year but I don't think its enough to crack the top 3 but I could be wrong.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Kai gets under Phil's skin and even bullies him a bit on stage. Is it show-boating? I think it will be Heath( if he is in condition), Kai ( if he turns up)' Rhoden, Wolf, Jackson, Macmillan and Ramy.
Looking forward to it.
He probably does but I love when luimarco shows how far Heath is over the line on almost every posedown.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well appears kai might not even be competing this year. I think phil then shawn.

Spanner

Awards
I was thinking that with Kai absent, the other contenders may be more motivated and judges may give more time to looking at people like Rammy. What do you think?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was thinking that with Kai absent, the other contenders may be more motivated and judges may give more time to looking at people like Rammy. What do you think?
If he can come in conditioned properly he could possibly win it...

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
He would have to come in so shredded...his legs overpower his upperbody IMO.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He would have to come in so shredded...his legs overpower his upperbody IMO.
I dont think its his time yet, but hes very impressive none the less. I wish wolf juan or branch would take it, but idk how likely that would be.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not likely. Really Kai and or a freakish Rammy is the only people that could pull it off IMO...unless Phil comes in looking like absolute crap.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh...what a joke he can't be there.

Spanner

Awards
My reaction to his video is that those tears are a bit fake like reality show celebrity tears. I cannot believe how many soft minded people worship him. Great physique but utter loony.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't even care about the tears, the fact they won't let him compete is a joke. They let Levrone literally sign the contract one day before the contest years ago. It just sitnks of the good ol boy network.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thing is kai didnt sign the contract that enabled them to use his likeness to promote the show. Thats a huge detriment to the promoters since kai has so much pull with the fans. For him to just be allowed to show up wouldnt even be right. Dude is a grown man, not a child, he should have signed the contract just like every other competitor. What makes him different. Honestly it seems like he just didnt wanna lose again after he made a complete fool of himself last year. So now he can say he got screwed out of competing instead of showing up and losing again...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly it seems like he just didnt wanna lose again after he made a complete fool of himself last year. So now he can say he got screwed out of competing instead of showing up and losing again...
That's a great PR move on his part of that's true.

Easy way to take a year off, let Phil get a chance to lose/decline, and have the media/followers feel sorry for you.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly have no idea who will win. Seems like unless something crazy happens, Phil will win again, but I think Wolf and Ramy are the only 2 with a realistic chance this year and down the road, Rhoden.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thing is kai didnt sign the contract that enabled them to use his likeness to promote the show. Thats a huge detriment to the promoters since kai has so much pull with the fans. For him to just be allowed to show up wouldnt even be right. Dude is a grown man, not a child, he should have signed the contract just like every other competitor. What makes him different. Honestly it seems like he just didnt wanna lose again after he made a complete fool of himself last year. So now he can say he got screwed out of competing instead of showing up and losing again...
But it's not like that hasn't happened before....multiple times.

Drolhunter

Drolhunter

Awards
If Phil won't be giving birth to alien like last year (the gut) he will take the Sandow. Heath has nice physique yeah but he should shut his mouth, completely idiotic comments around the internet and so on, not a stuff that Mr. O should be saying...

I feel really bad for Kai since he was at his best condition ....

Big Ramy and Roelly Winklaar will make some damage this year. Also Big Bad Wolf looking super good.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But it's not like that hasn't happened before....multiple times.
Palumbo just dropped a video basically confirming that kai has had and still likely has the option of competing. That the ifbb wants him to compete...

Spanner

Awards
I hope he does compete as he is a top contender. He does come across as a bit crazy however.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crazy is not always a bad thing... Sometimes we call it passion....

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a great PR move on his part of that's true.

Easy way to take a year off, let Phil get a chance to lose/decline, and have the media/followers feel sorry for you.
I highly doubt that Kai would choose to not compete and risk not getting paid his at least 100 grand for second place.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
luimarco going off today on this stuff. :lol:

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I hope to see Kai there and win because he's always been my favorite bodybuilder, and judging by that pic he posted 3 weeks out, he could have possibly nudged Phil out. No way he got THAT shredded with 3 weeks out and would pull that stunt.

Phil
Shawn
Dexter
Dennis
Branch

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i could still see kai getting in last moment

but im hoping DEX wins and retires would be amazing

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If we see him in the competition, mark my words -- it was all a ploy for ratings/attention.

If he's not, then I believe it was either sincere or could even be Kai looking for his own out/PR move.

But with all that's happened, if he ends up on that stage this weekend (and I have no problem with that, mind you), then we're that much closer to the WWE and playing the story line. Not that that should be all too surprising.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently there will be a new bodybuilding organization, "NPC Global" (not the same as NPC), and it looks like Kai could be involved.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1442429484.356011.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apparently there will be a new bodybuilding federation, "NPC Global" (not the same as NPC), and it looks like Kai could be involved.

View attachment 123879
See?! Wrestling!

WCW, WWF, NWO

Now if only we can get them to step into the ring against one another! lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wathced the live press conference. I almost fell asleep.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone watch last night? I'm on east coast so I passed out early and didn't lol. Curious to hear thoughts on how guys came in.

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
There's full prejudging videos up on YouTube if you're keen.
Big Ramy was a bit of a disappointment, not conditioned enough to be any threat this year. Phil, Wolfe, Rhoden and Jackson are where it's at

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I watched last night. Phil came out looking amazing! He controlled his gut better than anyone I've ever seen. I'm callin Phil, Dennis, Shawn, dexter, Ramy. First callout was those guys plus roelly winklar

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Honestly, I thought Rhoden looked way tighter than Phil. Phil had nice fullness and roundness but just looked a tad less grainy and tight. Dexter is always a beast too and looked right on point.

My top 5 in no order were: Phil/Rhoden/wolf/Dexter/ramy

Ramy is looking better every year. He's getting more proportional with those ridiculous legs and if he could really nail conditioning he's prob a year or two from a long reign at the top

Drolhunter

Drolhunter

Awards
Ramy was a bit of a dissappointment, true... Watery look.
Phil looked good, he's hard to beat but I'd say Big Bad Wolf was phenomenal. Shredded, full, kept his midsection tight... Just awesome.

Shawn was aesthetic as always but some problems with belly clearly.

So shame that Kai won't compete. He looked pretty sick in the pics few weeks before Olympia.

Anybody know what's up with Cedric McMillan? He cancelled too :/

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
I liked Wolf in prejudging. Also, Dex is awesome.

Spanner

Awards
I thought Phil looked a lot better than last year and had him first.
Dennis shredded and second. His back looked better and his arms fuller best he has been since 2007.
Toss up between Shawn and Dexter but my preference is Dexter as a complete package. Shawn was bigger but his gut looked a bit fuller too.
Ramy fifth just because of his overall shape but he was clearly off.
Roelly sixth and in great condition.
Interestingly, Palumbu and Rx crew had Phil fourth?
I think that that condition and guts are much better this year.