Carbssss

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Hi there guys
Im a little surprised with the result of my daily carbs intake
It said that i should eat 338 grams of carbs
What i really want to know is about the amount of that 338 grams, lets say i get my carbs source from brown rice
So the question is, is that 338 grams of carbs is from overall brown rice weight? Or is it really measures only carbs in brown rice because what i know 100 grams of brown rice only contains not more than 50 gram of carbs

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is the grams of carbs not the weight of the food.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Really kat? Should i eat that much of carbs? It just doesnt make my sense. It a looot of carbs there

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well kinda depends...how are you calculating?...what is your height, weight, and current goal?

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Well im using ISSA's methode.
My height is 5'8.5", my weight 163.1lbs, BF around 18%-20%. My goal is to maintain my weight while reducing fat

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your activity and training level?

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Weight training 1-2 hours a day, lots of walking, lots of talking lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds about right for maintenance...As for a recomp/fat loss, you may want to dial them back a little. All depends on your body and how it reacts to carbs. I personally like to stay around the 1-1.5g of protein per lb. Then, I play with my carbs and fat from there. What are your macros currently?

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
188 grams protein, 46.5 grams fat and 338 carbs. And that carbs kinda making me a little over indulge right now. Is it normal?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's possible! There are a lot of people that follow the IIFYM. That gives you freedom on some of your choices with food to fit your macros.

You can always try the recommended macros for a few weeks and see how your body responds. Then tweak if things aren't changing the way you'd like.

There are also several great nutrition threads and articles on here.

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Yeah thats what i think, maybe i should combine rice with other source of carbs, well its kinda easy to take 200 grams of oats when i put it altogether with bananas and protein shake in the morning. Is ok to do that? Doesnt it seems a bit to much to eat 250 grams of food at once? But if its ok so i could do that ☺, sorry for my late reply, is already early morning here

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can break it up however works for you...a lot of guys like to do 5-6 meals in order to squeeze it all in. You can have fruits, oats, rice, beans etc. You can also mix in a few "not so clean" choices to get in your carbs. Another option is some intraworkout carbs. We have some here...https://www.tgbsupplements.com/c-18461-carbohydrate.aspx

Check out my signature for discount codes.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
A few days late man, but try googling "Layne Norton ultimate cutting diet" and instead of cutting the calories after finding your TDEE, keep them at Maintenance level and adjust your protein, carb, and fat intake the way he suggests. I used that diet for a recomp and stayed between 180-185 and lost a LOT of bodyfat. Went from zero visible abs to a little vascularity on my abs, I'm guessing I'm around 9% bodyfat down from 17 or so. I've found that timing carbs well throughout the day works well, and eating higher fats and lower carbs is something my body appreciates. But hey- it's all down to what you prefer. Good luck either way, man!

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
A few days late man, but try googling "Layne Norton ultimate cutting diet" and instead of cutting the calories after finding your TDEE, keep them at Maintenance level and adjust your protein, carb, and fat intake the way he suggests. I used that diet for a recomp and stayed between 180-185 and lost a LOT of bodyfat. Went from zero visible abs to a little vascularity on my abs, I'm guessing I'm around 9% bodyfat down from 17 or so. I've found that timing carbs well throughout the day works well, and eating higher fats and lower carbs is something my body appreciates. But hey- it's all down to what you prefer. Good luck either way, man!
From 17% to 9%?? Yeah, thats a lot man, congrats for your achievement and actually 9% is my goal, how long did you take to eliminate that 8% of fat?

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
From 17% to 9%?? Yeah, thats a lot man, congrats for your achievement and actually 9% is my goal, how long did you take to eliminate that 8% of fat?
Thanks a lot man, and I started in early April and I'm still going at it. It's actually an addictive feeling; you feel your sensitivity to carbs spike up and when you eat them, it's almost like taking a good preworkout that doesn't make you jittery. You'll definitely learn a lot about your body and you'll lean out pretty quick, and it doesn't take too long to start seeing results. It's all about peri-workout nutrition dude!

andrieka

andrieka

Awards
Thanks a lot man, and I started in early April and I'm still going at it. It's actually an addictive feeling; you feel your sensitivity to carbs spike up and when you eat them, it's almost like taking a good preworkout that doesn't make you jittery. You'll definitely learn a lot about your body and you'll lean out pretty quick, and it doesn't take too long to start seeing results. It's all about peri-workout nutrition dude!
Sure im going to try that, already reduce my daily carbs intake, but not in an extreme consistency mode yet.. Haha.. Just need to learn a lot about it.. Well, thanks again man!

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Sure im going to try that, already reduce my daily carbs intake, but not in an extreme consistency mode yet.. Haha.. Just need to learn a lot about it.. Well, thanks again man!
No problem, dude. Keep us posted, good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
andrieka Bulking 36