"Man you've gotten huge!"

TheRealDyl

Awards
Just recently in my life iv'e entered a new realm of bodybuilding on all levels. Training, diet & JUICE. Trying to step up to the next level. I was just wondering for you guys out there that are more experienced, what do you tell people when the ask you if you are on? Do you lie? Are you straight forward? At what point would you tell someone? Just curious. Not that I really give a **** what people think, but I have family/friends that almost Know I'm on but I don't feel it's time to tell them (I know at some point I will have to).

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I wear hoodies and tell them to **** off ;) jk in all seriousness, I tell them about my current diet and training. And leave out my supplement usage ;) don't tell. It only leads to trouble. Always.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just recently in my life iv'e entered a new realm of bodybuilding on all levels. Training, diet & JUICE. Trying to step up to the next level. I was just wondering for you guys out there that are more experienced, what do you tell people when the ask you if you are on? Do you lie? Are you straight forward? At what point would you tell someone? Just curious. Not that I really give a **** what people think, but I have family/friends that almost Know I'm on but I don't feel it's time to tell them (I know at some point I will have to).
I tell ppl I'm on creatine, ha ha ha.....

TheRealDyl

Awards
I wear hoodies and tell them to **** off ;) jk in all seriousness, I tell them about my current diet and training. And leave out my supplement usage ;) don't tell. It only leads to trouble. Always.
Yeah that's my instant go-to, diet & training. Those are the most important things in my opinion anyway. The sauce is just making them more efficient. The hoodies & baggy clothes are something I'm going to start trying at this next one. I see a lot if guys at my gym doing the same thing. Thanks for the advice.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MuscleTech

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it depends. This is an area of discernment, IMO.

U have to remember that many people classify steroids with three chracteristics:

Cheating
Illegal
Unhealthy

Thing is, none of those ring true for my AAS use currently. I don't participate in an organization that tests for them or one that even cares about them and I ain't using controlled substances. Thirdly, the health thing, is a matter of knowledge, evidence-based perspective and respect for the chemicals u put in ur body.

I hate how this culture is so ignorant & hypocritical. Everybody wants a steroid body but criticizes those who "get" a steroid body, lol.

So u need to discern if that person is brainwashed by the media and ignorant culture, because if they are, continue to let them wonder. If they arent like that and actually know a thing or two about hormones, maybe transparency is the way to go. I try to be that way as much as possible. It's easier.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Legality doesn't change though.

Possessing testosterone/steroids without a script is illegal. Regardless whether they are brainwashed, there go-to will be "it's illegal" and they're right.

No point in lying either, later you'll have to cover up more lying. So, if they ask, be honest. Honesty is a attribute very few have anymore.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I point out the fact I do 50 sets for legs per week and they don't even squat.

What's interesting is that if I said I'm on superdrol (illegal, oral) I'm sure people would take it better than trest im (legal, injectable). I think 80% of the stigma is with the needle thing.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Oh and you know how I'm all veiny now? I doubt you've ever done BFR...

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Legality doesn't change though.

Possessing testosterone/steroids without a script is illegal. Regardless whether they are brainwashed, there go-to will be "it's illegal" and they're right.

No point in lying either, later you'll have to cover up more lying. So, if they ask, be honest. Honesty is a attribute very few have anymore.
There's a difference in honesty and throwing yourself under the bus. No reason to tell them, it's none of their business.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a difference in honesty and throwing yourself under the bus. No reason to tell them, it's none of their business.
True. If you're not ashamed (as OP stated) then why not be upfront? I won't blatantly tell someone I'm on hormones, but if they ask I won't hide it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This.

I tell people honestly if they ask, except co-workers. People talk, & jeopardizing your financial well-being to give a jolly satisfaction to some bozo co-worker that already possesses a bias against steroids is foolhardy. I think some coworkers suspect it, but it's always kept to a 'Ha-ha, yeah right' kind of thing & shrugged off.

I don't care if people know in general. I've told my family, my gf. But work should be treated with extra discernment.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You never say anything other than emphasize the diet and training because that is really what is doing the work anyway. There isn't a single person that is asking about your size that will understand or not think negatively.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Steroids outside of the Steroid Act and controlled substance list are a matter of conjecture and interpretation as to its legality.

If this wasn't the case, then congress wouldn't be trying to pass additional laws to include all those said compounds as controlled substances.

Trest
Desoxy
Dmz
MSten
Epi
Hdrol

The list goes on and on.

The Steroid Act of 1990 does 3 things really:

1) establishes penalties for physical trainers or advisors who endeavor to persuade or induce individuals to possess or use anabolic steroids.

2) adds anabolic steroids as a scheduled III substance under such Act. They were dumb enough to call it "a drug or hormone that promotes muscle growth pharmacologically similar to testosterone", and they included a list that was relevant at that time. Really subjective statement.

3) defines anabolic steroids, and then presumes to say that the penalties are to be applied to those distributing the steroids or GH. It never mentions users. Most states just set the definition of "intent to distribute" well within the bounds of personal use, so they can nab individuals for using it even though they were not distributing it.

Again, it penalizes businesses and individuals distributing the roids, but not necessarily the folks using them.

Other problem is, supps aren't drugs. Drugs treat or cure stuff. Supps dont.

Lastly, if one could argue the purpose of the supp was for something other than muscle building, such as mood enhancement, sex drive increase or perhaps strength increases, that could stand in court. In fact, if I ever decide to use Trestolone long term use, it'll be just for that reason - increased sex drive and vitality. Or whatever u wanna call it.

Laws are made to get around these days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You never say anything other than emphasize the diet and training because that is really what is doing the work anyway. There isn't a single person that is asking about your size that will understand or not think negatively.
Truth. Local guy squat over 1,100lbs in competition in multi-ply. Guy is world-class; he's competing in Argentina at World's very soon. And when people talk about his feats, they don't talk about his years of training, his time in the NFL, his tremendous diet, even him using all those layers of gear - they talk about, "Yeah, but you know he's on steroids."

I try to remind people that tons of people in the Olympics are on steroids, & they can't squat that, but you can tell it's lost on them. If you take steroids, you're cheating at life. Because baseball, & congress, said so. Duh.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I made the mistake once to tell a couple of guys I was training with that I was on TRT. All of a sudden, that became why I was capable of doing what I was doing. Not the 23 years of work that built to get here or the commitment I have had. It was all the TRT. It is a winless discussion.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Truth. Local guy squat over 1,100lbs in competition in multi-ply. Guy is world-class; he's competing in Argentina at World's very soon. And when people talk about his feats, they don't talk about his years of training, his time in the NFL, his tremendous diet, even him using all those layers of gear - they talk about, "Yeah, but you know he's on steroids."

I try to remind people that tons of people in the Olympics are on steroids, & they can't squat that, but you can tell it's lost on them. If you take steroids, you're cheating at life. Because baseball, & congress, said so. Duh.
X2

Point is, a lot of us juice because it would be physically impossible to push this hard otherwise. I know I wouldn't be able to handle half the volume, lack of sleep, etc. without them.

Also, what competition is going on in Argentina?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
X2

Point is, a lot of us juice because it would be physically impossible to push this hard otherwise. I know I wouldn't be able to handle half the volume, lack of sleep, etc. without them.

Also, what competition is going on in Argentina?
I believe it's GPC?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I made the mistake once to tell a couple of guys I was training with that I was on TRT. All of a sudden, that became why I was capable of doing what I was doing. Not the 23 years of work that built to get here or the commitment I have had. It was all the TRT. It is a winless discussion.
This is why I don't hand out 100% of what I'm taking. If they ask if I take supplements, yes. They've got to ask me point blank if I'm taking steroids for me to answer them. And I wholeheartedly agree with your point, once they find out you've taken hormones, steroids or hell have been put on HRT/TRT they take away all the work you put in before even considering the hormone route.

But like I said, I'm not ashamed to admit I use hormones.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha I've had people on this forum do that to me lol

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Analogy that just came up:
You race Andretti (you have your Toyota and he's in a custom car) and he kicks your ass. You blame the car :facepalm:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Analogy that just came up:
You race Andretti (you have your Toyota and he's in a custom car) and he kicks your ass. You blame the car :facepalm:
Exactly. Is his car better? Heck yeah! Could you have beaten him if you drove the same car? Not a chance. Dude could whipped you if you were racing Priuses.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
This.

I tell people honestly if they ask, except co-workers. People talk, & jeopardizing your financial well-being to give a jolly satisfaction to some bozo co-worker that already possesses a bias against steroids is foolhardy. I think some coworkers suspect it, but it's always kept to a 'Ha-ha, yeah right' kind of thing & shrugged off.

I don't care if people know in general. I've told my family, my gf. But work should be treated with extra discernment.
Correct, that could seriously **** my life up if the wrong people heard that. I have no interest in telling people that aren't close to me anything like that about myself. Ill be nice to them, but if they ask about drug use they're stepping over the line. Honesty can be taken to a point of stupidity. Anyone who would give me the "well it's illegal" or "your a cheater" is not someone I have any interest in explaining myself to, or being honest with.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Some random old guy at the gym asked if I used steroids after I gave him a spot on the bench, I politely told him that it was very rude to ask a complete stranger about illegal drug use.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some random old guy at the gym asked if I used steroids after I gave him a spot on the bench, I politely told him that it was very rude to ask a complete stranger about illegal drug use.
Correct. I don't go around looking for recovering junkies and ask them about heroine use.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You must be a joy to see walking into the gym with the issues you've had with "old people" there. LOL.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I was polite this time, last time I admit I was out of line but in my defense clomid makes me bitchy.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Says the guy with "The Swole Stoner" as his sig line :)

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but that's hiding behind the relative anonymity of the internet, not like I walk around with a pot leaf stamped on my forehead lol

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Everyone I lift with is to scared to straight up ask. They'll say things like "holy **** you must have upped your doses!" After I knockout a set. And they say it jokingly but then you see the way they're looking at you to see how you'll reply. I always just laugh.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My family, friends and GF's mostly all know/knew I'm on TRT. I'm pretty open about that. Even some of my co-workers but just the ones I've known for years.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but that's hiding behind the relative anonymity of the internet, not like I walk around with a pot leaf stamped on my forehead lol
I assumed that to be the case-it was a well played response either way

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in CO and it is such a nothing subject that I didn't even notice.