any bodybuilders here that use steroids and have bipolar

slaterbater

Awards
hi,

does anybody here do bodybuilding or know anybody who does bodybuilding and uses anabolic steroids and has bipolar disorder. also if they do use are they on any bipolar medication and are able to stay mentally stable. does anybody know if this is possible. share your thoughts and experiences with me please. im interested to know if people have been able to pursue this dream with bipolar disorder.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Sounds like a life sentence waiting to happen, and I'm being serious.

slaterbater

Awards
yup figured as much i heard that is where the whole roid rage thing started out or something like that. or like people with underlying anger issues have them brought out with the roids. i thought that there would at least a couple pros that have bipolar

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Someone mentioned how Lithium Orotate is a godsend for people susceptible to moodswings on cycle.

slaterbater

Awards
i personally take lithium er but not using roids

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally don't see a problem then, as long as you stick to things like test and androgens and keep your E2 in check.

I would definitely advise against anything like Tren or Nandrolone, any progestin. You may also wish to stock up on some Xanax in case your mood swings up and/or anxiety raises. Although, I'm not a doctor and I have no idea how that will react with Lithium.

slaterbater

Awards
Yup I'm not looking to use anything yet but I know at some point I'll need to if I want to pass my body's natural cap. Also just wondered if anybody knew any bbuilders with it

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Progestins tend to mess with the head more than androgens, especially Tren. Androgens tend to be much smoother, giving a sense of well being. Progestins can give quite the opposite effect.

Androgens however will increase dopamine and will amp up the CNS a degree in some people, so it's something to watch out for. I could see how it might be possible to cause manic episodes in bipolars if not careful.

slaterbater

Awards
Nice thoughts it's very interesting to read

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good info GP!

Do you know "WHY" that is though. You are correct, Tren made me a complete dick and a lunatic! Just never understood the actual reason why.

Progestins tend to mess with the head more than androgens, especially Tren. Androgens tend to be much smoother, giving a sense of well being. Progestins can give quite the opposite effect.

Androgens however will increase dopamine and will amp up the CNS a degree in some people, so it's something to watch out for. I could see how it might be possible to cause manic episodes in bipolars if not careful.

slaterbater

Awards
hey whacked are you saying your not bipolar and still went crazy on it

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have no idea why that is with progestins. I stay away though. Deca made me feel lousy. I tried it through my HRT clinic, and did not like it one bit.

Adrogens FTW.

slaterbater

Awards
Is deca a progestin and in what ways did you feel lousy were you depressed or have no energy etc???

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Deca & Tren are both progestins. Depressed, no energy, even while on lots of test.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deca & Tren are both progestins. Depressed, no energy, even while on lots of test.
Bro, ditto here !! To a T

Wish I could figure out why though

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro, ditto here !! To a T

Wish I could figure out why though
Some people use mast with it to combat the sides, but even still, I will never touch them.

I remember when I tried deca, I was on a lot of sust + had a lot of TD test I was using, so the test kicked in real quick. Felt amazing, was always go go go, lots of energy and felt great... then the nandrolone kicked in... sluggish, crazy night sweats, dripping sweat all over my girl at the time during play time, no energy, negative thoughts... got huge though, but not worth it.

1-Testosterone seems like a much better option in terms of a mass gainer with much fewer sides.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Identica adversel results here. ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was also taking caber in order to counteract prolactin sides. Didn't feel like caber did a thing to balance things out. It was prescription strength / pharma grade caber too.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now thats scary! Yeah man, there is just something about that type of gear that doesnt belong IN me at all! Live and learn ;)

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
19nors in general turn me into a complete *******

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
19nors in general turn me into a complete *******
They tend to bring me down whereas androgens hype me up. I guess both scenarios can result in someone being an ******* though. All about knowing what to expect and how to counteract it... which is fine, but I covet my sex life too much to play with 19-nor's. It's a sacrifice I'm not willing to make.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I would be very careful and only use one compound at a time. As a medical professional I can tell you that all medications for bi polar disorder can cause increased agitation, mood swings, and increased risk of suicidal ideation especially in the first three weeks of a new medication. If your planning to take something that can cause a hormonal shift. I would be extremely cautious especially when it come to being in a manic state. Just my two cents