Uneven chest

UP Lifter66

Awards
More and more I've noticed that my left pec is larger that my right, but my right arm is larger than my left. I've notice this mainly after benching and my left pec is pumped and my right isn't, but my right tricep is. If anyone could give me a solution it would be much appreciated

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
dumbbells

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yeah I don't use dumbbells ever when it comes to bench so I'll give that a try
It will help with the isolation and also build some stabilization.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep dumbbells and even iso hammer strength machines.

A good practice to use on those type of machines where you can press one side at a time is, start with the weaker side in each set.

Throw in an extra set at the end.

Don't use more weight or reps on the stronger side then the weaker.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Yep dumbbells and even iso hammer strength machines.

A good practice to use on those type of machines where you can press one side at a time is, start with the weaker side in each set.

Throw in an extra set at the end.

Don't use more weight or reps on the stronger side then the weaker.
I wish my gym had Hammer Strength. Sighhh... :(

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
I wish my gym had Hammer Strength. Sighhh... :(
i do :) great switch up from free weights also a my gym you get death metal, ****ty lighting and it smells like rust yummmm

str8_lurkin

Awards
I the same issue but focused on dumbbells and its much better now

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i do :) great switch up from free weights also a my gym you get death metal, ****ty lighting and it smells like rust yummmm
Sounds old school like Animal House... sigh... I miss my old gym...

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
Sounds old school like Animal House... sigh... I miss my old gym...
i cant even get apump anywhere else srs... had to lift at a anytime fitness bs over thankgiving break for a dday and i just felt gross and weird. if only you lived over in oregon youd love downings.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i cant even get apump anywhere else srs... had to lift at a anytime fitness bs over thankgiving break for a dday and i just felt gross and weird. if only you lived over in oregon youd love downings.
LOL anytime fitness. They had one of those in my home town, it was like 24hr fitness' bastard son. My gym was awesome then they did a bug remodeled and "upgraded" and they ruined a perfectly good gym.

Mperkins

Mperkins

Awards
LOL anytime fitness. They had one of those in my home town, it was like 24hr fitness' bastard son. My gym was awesome then they did a bug remodeled and "upgraded" and they ruined a perfectly good gym.
id be pisssed all we do to remodel is the owner hires a few guys and i to repaint stuff... we even have 6 lifting platforms ;) not like a room but in the corner of our gym we have a powerlifting area and olympic lifting

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
id be pisssed all we do to remodel is the owner hires a few guys and i to repaint stuff... we even have 6 lifting platforms ;) not like a room but in the corner of our gym we have a powerlifting area and olympic lifting
Ok now you are just rubbing it in my face :28:

apalmer33

Awards

It is normal to be uneven. I think you should not worry about it because it probably is very negligable. Look at all the bodybuilders there muscles on either look different/uneven all the time. Its just not something that really matters. Keep getting bigger and dont worry about it. And please dont do the workouts where you just workout one pec or something lol. Just go beast!!
Oh and myy left pec is bigger than my right ha

Marine04

Marine04

Awards
Is it the muscle that is uneven or the bone structure? If it's the bone structure you could have an enlarged heart ventricle caused my a murmur making one side of your heart work harder than the other. I have this but it isn't a threat to your health usually. I usually try to do some extra work on my right side in order to build up more muscle on that side and evening it out.

UP Lifter66

Awards
Is it the muscle that is uneven or the bone structure? If it's the bone structure you could have an enlarged heart ventricle caused my a murmur making one side of your heart work harder than the other. I have this but it isn't a threat to your health usually. I usually try to do some extra work on my right side in order to build up more muscle on that side and evening it out.
I don't believe it's dealing with the bone structure. The problem is that the right pec seems to be more narrow and less round as the left side which makes it look smaller. But you know it would never hurt to get it checked out.

UP Lifter66

Awards
Thank you everyone for your opinions, I've already started to incorporate them into my workout schedule.

str8_lurkin

Awards
Close grip dips seem to hit the inner part of my upped chest always worth a shot as well

vgwilson

vgwilson

Awards
I used to have the same problem and another tip that helped me, along with the dumbells, was lowering the weight and really focusing mentally. Making sure the bar is coming up evenly and not tilted. Mentally connected to my weaker side and staying on par with the strong side as long as I can. Make sure with the dumbells that your coming down with the weight the same distance and not cutting the weak-side rep short so you can keep up.