Mr.O 2013

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
What's everyone thoughts on this year? Do you think Jay is back or is Phil going to stamp it?

After watching the pose down ( I think unplanned) at I think it was eastern states or New York not really sure, I think Jay is top form!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's Phil's unless he comes in out of shape.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I'm prolly in the minority but I think Big Ramy has a legitimate chance to steal the O

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I think it's Phil's unless he comes in out of shape.
I agree as that's te case most times, but do you think Phil in his best vs Jay in his best. I actually think if its Phil (best) vs Jay(best) that all others need to bring popcorn and watch FST-7 take over

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
phil for the win...kai will be close but they'll never give him the olympia though, after that ramy if he's in shape and jay

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Frank zane

bce

Awards
Yea Jay is looking sharp, but Im calling 3rd place for him. It's gonna be between Phil and Kai imo.

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I think jay is going to come guns blazing. I really think if he is in shape, and with his size Phil is going to have battle

bce

Awards
I don't think big ramy is in contention, buy its going to be interesting to see him up against the top guys.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I'm prolly in the minority but I think Big Ramy has a legitimate chance to steal the O

I'm in the same boat. Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but I'd like to think he has a chance.

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I'm pretty excited to see it all play out. I mean eother way it is looking like a war is brewing.

My predicts
1- jay
2- Phil
3- Kai/ramy

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who's going? I've been like the past 5 years and have had a great time. Even the wife loves to fill up her goodie bag and people watch.. But I'm pulling for Kai in this one

bce

Awards
Who's going? I've been like the past 5 years and have had a great time. Even the wife loves to fill up her goodie bag and people watch.. But I'm pulling for Kai in this one
I'd love to go out there, just too far and money is too tight right now. I'm planning on making it to the Arnold though.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I'm in the same boat. Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but I'd like to think he has a chance.
I think people felt the same when he went up against Victor Martinez

bce

Awards
I think people felt the same when he went up against Victor Martinez
Big ramy absolutely overshadowed Vic though....plus was Vic in top form? I'm not dogging on Ramy at all mind you.

Gettinpumped

Gettinpumped

Awards
  • Established
Should be a great Olympia this year, anyone know If it will be streamed live again this year?

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Big ramy absolutely overshadowed Vic though....plus was Vic in top form? I'm not dogging on Ramy at all mind you.
he claims he wasn't in top form, but as you said, Ramy overshadowed him and it really wasn't even close imo.

here's a decent pic. obviously the angles are slightly different and the real test will be when they're actually standing side by side for a true comparison

1170711_400502460050321_117352148_n.jpg

aussieborn

aussieborn

Awards
Can't wait to see how it goes reallllly keen! Really interested to see the condition Ramy comes in with, i doubt he'll win but its bound to be a crazy Olympia debut! My predicts are:
1- Kai
2- Phil
3- Jay/Ramy

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I'd love to see Dexter place top three this year, although I'm pretty sure it will play out......
1.Phil
2.Jay
3.Kai

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I'd put my money on Phil.

From what I've seen of Jay guest posing his legs aren't what they used to be, and if he doesn't have those Phil's aesthetics are going to bury Jay.

I couldn't begin to predict placing, but I'm going with these guys in the top 5:

Phil H.
Kai G.
Jay C.
Dexter J.
Shawn Rhoden

Two weeks... I'll be there.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I want Kai to win it... I'm not a fan of Phil, and Jay has had the spotlight for long enough

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Evan Centopani might creep into the mix as well. His muscle has been maturing nicely.

avaryj

Awards
I would like to see Kai take it but most likely Phi. Jay needs to do the Ronnie Coleman thing and let it go but to each his own.....

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
What's weird about this year is a lot of our big name pros didn't do crap for competitions, I know warren wolfe shawn rhoden winklaar klocko evan big ben really all focused on the O this year, I follow them all on instagram (the ones who use it) and even the mags haven't had a lot on them, with kai jay and phil (who all look effing massive) most likely being top 3 the top ten is going to be just sick this year!
Also go flex lewis!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
After looking at the pics of Heath, Kai, and Wolf; I believe that Wolf has the ability to beath Heath if he gains about 10lbs of quality lean mass to his competition frame. Whether you believe in the politics of the sport of bodybuilding or not; I can't see Kai Greene beating Phil with that wide waist. Kai was spot on and kept his waist tight last year. If any year was going to be Kai's year to win the Olympia, it was last year. Wolf needs to work on his calfs and get a tad bit thicker and I think he could give Phil a run for his money!

I also think that MuscleTech is going to drop Branch. I was really surprised to see Branch in a 9th place spot. I wonder if he's going to retire or not.

Big Ramy was just a fluke. He was just a massive guy with good photoshopping from Flex/Muscular Development magazine to give some drama in the sport. Weider & Co. is known for hyping up the competition to give the current Mr. O a lil scare. Ramy is the new generation Markus Ruhl

I respect Dexter Jackson because he never changes his aesthetics game and doesn't try to compete with anyone. Dexter is getting old though and I think that Shawn Flexatron Rhoden is going to be the competitions new "aesthetics" package to the Mr. Olympia

absurd

absurd

Banned
Awards
After looking at the pics of Heath, Kai, and Wolf; I believe that Wolf has the ability to beath Heath if he gains about 10lbs of quality lean mass to his competition frame. Whether you believe in the politics of the sport of bodybuilding or not; I can't see Kai Greene beating Phil with that wide waist. Kai was spot on and kept his waist tight last year. If any year was going to be Kai's year to win the Olympia, it was last year. Wolf needs to work on his calfs and get a tad bit thicker and I think he could give Phil a run for his money!

I also think that MuscleTech is going to drop Branch. I was really surprised to see Branch in a 9th place spot. I wonder if he's going to retire or not.

Big Ramy was just a fluke. He was just a massive guy with good photoshopping from Flex/Muscular Development magazine to give some drama in the sport. Weider & Co. is known for hyping up the competition to give the current Mr. O a lil scare. Ramy is the new generation Markus Ruhl

I respect Dexter Jackson because he never changes his aesthetics game and doesn't try to compete with anyone. Dexter is getting old though and I think that Shawn Flexatron Rhoden is going to be the competitions new "aesthetics" package to the Mr. Olympia
Wolf doesn't have to gain anything. Wolf needs to bring his calves up and he might have a chance he is big enough already. It isn't a size competition as Ramy proved by getting 8th place and still being pretty conditioned. Ramy won the Arnold which says a lot for his pro debut. Phil has superior genetics and his muscle shape is unmatched imo. Kai has a much bigger back than Phil and is wider and he still can't beat him.
Next year I hope Victor Martinez can be in top 5 this year he was small and his biceps looked like synthol was used? Anyone else notice that?

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Wolf doesn't have to gain anything. Wolf needs to bring his calves up and he might have a chance he is big enough already. It isn't a size competition as Ramy proved by getting 8th place and still being pretty conditioned. Ramy won the Arnold which says a lot for his pro debut. Phil has superior genetics and his muscle shape is unmatched imo. Kai has a much bigger back than Phil and is wider and he still can't beat him.
Next year I hope Victor Martinez can be in top 5 this year he was small and his biceps looked like synthol was used? Anyone else notice that?
Wolf will always have a harder time because he's so tall. I think he's got the best shape of the open bbs he's got such a crazy x frame his back and delts are just insane and that outer quad sweep is just amazing. Kai is a mass monster he'd probably never win just too big, I'm suprised he got 2 nd compared to wolf. Id be shocked if Martinez can be competitive at his age next year but I'd love it if he came back swinging, wonder if Cutler will try again (don't care what anyone thinks about him, at his age and only 6 months of training for this year's O after a year and a half away 6th place is amazing I think he should have been 5th) big Ramey is a joke he looked stupid(he's only been training for 5 years with the gear he'd have been on to get that size how long is this guy going to be alive lol) I think branch is just astetically bad, he's got some crazy vascularity and he's large but his muscles have weird shapes just big and boxy. If jay went baxk to working with ramboid for a year cus he didn't work with anyone, he'd be top 3. Legs still crazy shredded his midsection was amazingly trim his arms weren't as full as they have been in progress pictures I've seen lately and he really needs to get lats up, thought chest looked good and back was good. Klucko will make strides next year I think he's the future of this sport not this ramey can't jog can't fit through doors b.s. x frame and fst7 fo life!

pfcfathead

Awards
Wolf will always have a harder time because he's so tall. I think he's got the best shape of the open bbs he's got such a crazy x frame his back and delts are just insane and that outer quad sweep is just amazing. Kai is a mass monster he'd probably never win just too big, I'm suprised he got 2 nd compared to wolf. Id be shocked if Martinez can be competitive at his age next year but I'd love it if he came back swinging, wonder if Cutler will try again (don't care what anyone thinks about him, at his age and only 6 months of training for this year's O after a year and a half away 6th place is amazing I think he should have been 5th) big Ramey is a joke he looked stupid(he's only been training for 5 years with the gear he'd have been on to get that size how long is this guy going to be alive lol) I think branch is just astetically bad, he's got some crazy vascularity and he's large but his muscles have weird shapes just big and boxy. If jay went baxk to working with ramboid for a year cus he didn't work with anyone, he'd be top 3. Legs still crazy shredded his midsection was amazingly trim his arms weren't as full as they have been in progress pictures I've seen lately and he really needs to get lats up, thought chest looked good and back was good. Klucko will make strides next year I think he's the future of this sport not this ramey can't jog can't fit through doors b.s. x frame and fst7 fo life!
OK first off wolf looked incredible yes and kai didn't come close to his package from last year
And I don't think kai will ever win due to his general monk lifestyle and of course the infamous grapefruit
Phil doesn't have legs and I don't see how they keep rewarding him for it yea his upper body looked amazing this year but again legs looked beyond sub par
Ramy could easily be the future of the O if he can chisel down and maybe bring legs down a tad bit ramy is very similar to cutlers top form

pfcfathead

Awards
Mind you I am a huge kai Greene fan I really appreciate and love how he views BB

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Mind you I am a huge kai Greene fan I really appreciate and love how he views BB
Follow kai on instagram if you don't already... it's amazing seeing videos he posts almost every day. It the O was awarded on work and dedication he'd have several wins. I just think kai and wolf should have been the ones fighting for 1st and 2nd. They always get screwed by judges

pfcfathead

Awards
Follow kai on instagram if you don't already... it's amazing seeing videos he posts almost every day. It the O was awarded on work and dedication he'd have several wins. I just think kai and wolf should have been the ones fighting for 1st and 2nd. They always get screwed by judges
Most definitely politics are such bs

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Also pretty impressive Cutler came back with only 6 months prep by himself no coach trainer or nutrionist and hit 6th.arguably 5th. If he goes with a full year and a team he'd shake things up. Ben Pulaski wasn't there this year either, another year or two and I think he'll come back and shock everyone. Branch just getting too old or needs to stop the lift heavy weight mentality and train like a real body builder. He hasn't been dialed in at the O for a few years now, needs to go back to doing other shows and see if he can improve. Winklar is going to be crazy in another year or two he's going to make Ramey look bad

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rammey has only been training for what 3 years? isnt that insane. 3 years and he looks like that.

healthse

Awards
denis wolf was the most deserving this year
phil was in his best form in mr o '11
now was just a pale shadow
kai didnt have those huge legs
jay didnt have that form,just because of only 6 months to prepare
branch warren is now just an old dog
shawn looked his best this year
dexter jackson was showing no signs of slowing down..looking ripped as ever
winkler will shake things up in a year or so
ramy has a bright future and he is here to stay
all in all,it was

pfcfathead

Awards
Rammey has only been training for what 3 years? isnt that insane. 3 years and he looks like that.
Three yrs is too hard to believe I mean Ronnie Coleman was said to start training long after he already was just lifting weights and he was strong as hell prior to his "training" starting
So honestly we need to hear more before we believe he first touched any weights three yrs ago sure bodybuilding is a different style of training but even still it helps to have a good solid base

absurd

absurd

Banned
Awards
denis wolf was the most deserving this year
phil was in his best form in mr o '11
now was just a pale shadow
kai didnt have those huge legs
jay didnt have that form,just because of only 6 months to prepare
branch warren is now just an old dog
shawn looked his best this year
dexter jackson was showing no signs of slowing down..looking ripped as ever
winkler will shake things up in a year or so
ramy has a bright future and he is here to stay
all in all,it was
I think Phil was bigger and more conditioned in 2012 than 2011. Jay couldn't spread his lats this year for some reason but still did good. Victor Martinez will be back next year and hopefully he can compete in top 5.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I think Phil was bigger and more conditioned in 2012 than 2011. Jay couldn't spread his lats this year for some reason but still did good. Victor Martinez will be back next year and hopefully he can compete in top 5.
Jay had barely been training for six months leading up to the show, he really couldn't train upper body at all for a year or so after the 11with the biceps tear, you gotta respect how well he did really! Victor has been through soooo much the last few years, it'd be nice to see him without injuries or anything holding him back!