Diet

dkirk85

dkirk85

Awards
I'm 20 years old. 6'2" 270 pounds 18% body fat. I play tight end in college ball and I'm trying to cut about 20 pounds before August 11th. I do bodybuilding workouts and now trying to get a good bodybuilding diet as well. My buddy gave me a sample diet to follow I wanted to know if anyone could help me out. I know that I'm supposed to get 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per body pound. But carbs for cutting? I have no idea.

This is the diet:

Meal 1:
1 scoop of protein (whey) before training

Meal 2:
Right after training
1 cup of oatmeal and 2 scoops of oatmeal

Meal 3:
3 hours later
10 oz chicken breast 1 cup brown rice 1 cup broccoli

Meal 4:
3 hours later
Same as meal 3

Meal 5:
3 hours later
8 oz lean meat 1 large sweet potato

Meal 6:
Before bed
1 scoop of protein with peanut butter

Any thoughts?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
find your tdee then breakdown your macros accordingly

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
You need a meal plan that will meet your caloric needs.. So just do what hvactech said

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Its BMR with exercise accounted for (basal metabolic rate)

jackedshane

jackedshane

Awards
This might get alot of bad feed back but its what has served me very well so for....if your natural.....assuming your are.... and you can lose about 3to4lbs a week of fat +\- 1 or so of water weight so you have roghly a month. I would decrease my protien to 5/6 oz a meal and use the calories for slowand veggie carbs...bit you will lose 12lbs by then if your cardio and diet ae spot on ....I went from 284 to 228 from the forst of jan till today...few slips here and there but its like landing a plane nice and slow if you have to make "weight " thats a diff story

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
This might get alot of bad feed back but its what has served me very well so for....if your natural.....assuming your are.... and you can lose about 3to4lbs a week of fat +\- 1 or so of water weight so you have roghly a month. I would decrease my protien to 5/6 oz a meal and use the calories for slowand veggie carbs...bit you will lose 12lbs by then if your cardio and diet ae spot on ....I went from 284 to 228 from the forst of jan till today...few slips here and there but its like landing a plane nice and slow if you have to make "weight " thats a diff story
Yes, this post will get flamed....

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell me how to lose 3-4 pounds of fat a week please

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 to 4lbs of fat burning per week isnt possible without also burning nearly equal amounts in muscle mass. The body doesnt exclusively target one form of energy of another when doing things quickly like that.

It will pull from fat, the food u eat and amino acids in the muscles to fulfill its tdee. This is why the general rule of thumb is 1 - 1.5lbs per week of fat is the goal in order to retain max amount of muscle mass.

I'd shoot for a 5000kcal deficit/wk but I'd acheive the deficit by doing more cardio and training rather than reducing calories. The remaining weight can be water weight to hit ur goal.